Doogles Mastiff DofB ?2016 Gravesend Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Doogles Mastiff DofB ?2016 Gravesend Kent

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
doogles1DSCF5724.jpg
Doogles' Story: Doogles was found abandoned without a chip and unclaimed within a council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Doogles is now neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Doogles was in boarding kennels near Gatwick then in foster with another dog whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
doogles2DSCF5734.jpg
doogles3DSCF5730.jpg
Doogles' progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We have been asked to help Doogles who is very fearful but gentle with it!

Doogles came on the 2nd June 2019
Doogles3.JPG
Doogles4.JPG
xxlynne

Re: Doogles Mastiff DofB ?2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Doogles came into us yesterday and after a little rest in his kennel April and I decided to let him enjoy his first encounter with the paddock which he will have access to from now on. Note his tail..

Here is Doogles on return to his kennel run note the crouching demeanour... He is a gentle boy and will soon be walking tall!
Doogles8.JPG
Doogles6.JPG
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Beautiful boy ...he will blossom in time bighug.gif
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Onwards and upwards now gorgeous boy 🥰
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

oh my heart bighug.gif
Last edited by MrsP on Tue 04 Jun 2019 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Gorgeous boy.
Doogles is now with people who are going to show him only love and in no time at alll that big old tail will be wagging love4.gif love4.gif
stuartportlock

Post by stuartportlock »

Stick him on my list for Sunday. Lets get the sausages and jumbones going.
RosC

Post by RosC »

I walked the gorgeous Doogles today. He was hiding in his bed when I entered the kennel and was shaking so I sat with him for a while and befriended him. He was not interested in treats at all.
We went for a short walk but it took us a while as after a good start Doogles didn't want to walk and lay down. It took quite a lot of persuasion to get him back to the kennel! lol.gif
He is a very friendly boy though who doesn't appear to have experienced life whatsover which is why it seems so scary to him. It was very windy and any noises from thinks banging made him scared. But he was easily reassured and with a little time will become brave. He needs a bit of feeding up but is a beautiful dog in nature as well as looks Heart fill with love.gif]
IMG_3118.JPG
IMG_3120.JPG
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Ros I agree, I met him yesterday and he’s an utter sweetheart who breaks your heart as you will him to gain confidence and feel happier. It will come and life will be wonderful for this beautiful gentle boy xxx
3E88CD9C-7675-48D6-B051-9E3D1403FB2F.jpeg
xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
natdugdale

Post by natdugdale »

What a sweet boy Doogs is. Such a gentle soul, obviously not used to anything much - he stops when cars drive by, jumps at every noise (Such as the bin lid closing, car doors, coughing, etc), is freaked out by the TV and is currently too worried to accept much affection - I would assume he's been an outdoor dog as he's a lot more comfortable hidden in a corner of the garden or in a flowerbed than he is in the house.
He has fab dog skills and saps confidence from other dogs when out and about. Walking with Kia we even saw his tail up and wagging a few times! (A marked change to when I walked him at the kennels; practically having to drag him to get him to go anywhere bless him). He meets dogs well and also said hello very politely to a tiny toy poodle mix, plus he wanted to go and meet every dog came past. When his confidence is boosted a little, he will lean into you whilst walking and ask for a scratch and a stroke, whereas he's more afraid to accept this attention indoors and certainly doesn't seek it out.

In the photos below he's hidden amongst the thicket of raspberry bushes in our garden, obviously choosing this spot to feel well surrounded. He's tired but is reasonably relaxed post-walkies. In the house he tends to wedge himself into the smallest, most uncomfortable looking corner he can find!

Doogles1.jpg

Doogles2.jpg

Doogles3.jpeg

Doogles4.jpeg

Doogles5.jpg
Volunteer as a walker with us!
Visit our Instagram page for weekly photos of our dogs! @rescueremediesdogrescue :)

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”