Darcy Patterdale DofB 08.13 Chichester

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Re: Darcy Patterdale DofB 08.13 Chichester

Post by xxlynne »

Heart fill with love.gif] [0128.gif] [0128.gif]

Thank you everyone and especially Sue, Tom and Carmel their daughter Darcy blossomed in foster
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Awww, just lovely, the pics say it all x
:havefun.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Karen john

Post by Karen john »

:goodluck.gif: i can't tell you how happy i am. Thank you will never be enough. Enjoy beautiful Darcy and all her quirky little ways. She will love you unconditionally. Forever grateful. Xx : :dog-115.gif: havefun. gif:
blacklabfive

Post by blacklabfive »

Darcy has settled down well in her new home in Chichester. Initially she was a bit overwhelmed by all the space and new territory but has and is bonding well with us both.
Her daily routine consists of a first walk at around 07.30 for half an hour through the woods adjacent to the house giving her a chance to get used to her new abode.
Back home she has her breakfast with us always finishing quickly in case there may be a tasty morsel left over from the table.
We have kept her on a long lead so far except when she has her daily race around the tennis court where she chases her ball or imaginary creatures for a hectic five minutes eventually slowing up and having a good sniff at all the scents which have appeared overnight.
Indoors she is quite a needy dog loving to share her companionship with K and myself in equal parts, she will sit with one or other of us for half an hour then change settees to equalise her time.
Darcy is not keen on visiting vehicles such as the post van or the Amazon van and displays frenetic barking when one of these appears on site, however this soon subsides when the vehicle leaves and she will come to one of us then the other to ensure we are both OK.
I suspect that she may have been left on her own for some time as she hates either of us leaving the room without her but we are hoping this will gradually resolve itself with a lot of love and help.
These little issues have obviously built up over her earlier years and may never be rectified but do show how important the early training and obedience but also the right companionship is to a young dog, especially a Patterdale Terrier.
Darcy has brought a lot of pleasure into our lives after losing our previous Patterdale,Stella, after sixteen years and we can see her confidence growing on a daily basis.
Special thanks to the Terrier Re-Homing Team and also to Darcy's lovely foster family in Teddington.
We will be in touch - J & K
Suegalvin

Post by Suegalvin »

Good to hear your update about Darcy. I’ve been thinking about her a lot. She certainly needs a lot of cuddles. 😊
Karen john

Post by Karen john »

:dog_running-186.gif: :dog_running-186.gif: lovely to read Darcy is doing well and settling into her new home and is receiving all the love and care that she so craves. Wishing you all good luck and best wishes moving forward. 🙂🤞
Suegalvin

Post by Suegalvin »

Here’s a few photos of our lovely little Darcy I’ve been meaning to put them here for a while.

D744C9A5-D17D-4A5A-B31B-1C68715A0FFA.jpeg

D5DA2EA0-6BB7-44BF-8247-0397CD1BADF6.jpeg

9CA042E0-D8A5-4684-B5A9-CD411207D302.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”