Molly Staffie DofB 2011 Brighton E Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Molly Staffie DofB 2011 Brighton E Sussex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF4723.jpgmolly.jpg
Molly's Story: Molly didn't cope with moving in with her owner into the daughter's home with children. It was just proving too busy for her. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Molly is neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Molly was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF4411.jpgmolly.jpg
DSCF4373.jpgmolly.jpg
DSCF4400.jpgmolly.jpg
Molly's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
KateM17

Re: Molly Staffie DofB 2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by KateM17 »

This is so sad and such a shame as Molly has obviously been loved and very well cared for. She is a beautiful brindle girl, with a slight greying muzzle. She reminds me of a little brindle boy I know!

So, I introduced myself to Molly, I have to say being the 'staffie kind of girl' that I am, it was 'staffie love' at first sight! She was looking rather sad in her kennel, so I presented her with a few sausages and told her I would be back later! An hour or so later (after walking Mika and Lily) I went back to see Molly. She seemed quite pleased to see me. I entered her kennel, no worries there, she was very friendly but still a little apprehensive, so I sat down on her cushion and offered her a few more sausages as she hadn't eaten her breakfast! Seeing as how this is a new environment for her and it must be so overwhelming for any dog, I sat with her for a while and got to know her, she was happy to be stroked and seemed at ease and comfortable, so I clipped on the leads and we were off. She left the kennel block calmly and was keen to get on her way. She sniffed everything and occasionally stopped to 'rag up the grass'. She is such an easy walk, we were out for about an hour and she showed no interest in any dogs that we passed. Molly took her treats ever so gently and was a lovely little lady to walk. Half way into the walk, she showed an interest in my pocket and sat down, so a treat it was then! She has a lovely staffie 'bum swagger' going on! I hope that she finds her forever sofa sooner rather than later, but if she is around next Sunday, I will be asking to walk her again! A quiet very calm girl, very endearing and I have another favourite! For those walkers that know me, trust me, if I had the room I would happily take her home with me. X angel13.gif] :smiley-bounce016.gi:
anne

Post by anne »

Molly is certainly a little sweetheart. She was a little frightened passing all the other noisy dogs on the way out but once out she quickly relaxed and plodded along quite happily wherever I wanted to go. She was a little reluctant to pose for the camera, I think she just wanted to get on with her walk. She is very gentle taking treats and loves a bit of fuss. After photos we went for a walk. Molly enjoyed the long grass the most and was dancing and prancing very cheerfully through the longest bits.
DSCF4430.jpgmolly.jpg
DSCF4421.jpgmolly.jpg
DSCF4407.jpgmolly.jpg
KateM17

Post by KateM17 »

I adore Molly! I popped into her kennel, offered her a couple of sausages and sat with her for a couple of minutes. Once we we ready to leave her kennel, she passed all the dogs well. I was so pleased, as it was very noisy with all the other dogs barking, but she strolled on past with no reaction at all. Molly plodded along and led the way out of the kennels and onto the bridle path. There were a lot of local off lead dogs in the area today, and Molly took it all in her stride, her ears were pricked up and she was alert. She passed other on lead dogs well. Molly is a great girl and really needs to be back in a home environment where she can relax on her own sofa. Molly is a special girl and I'll walk her every week until that special someone comes along and finds her. X angel13.gif] :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff walked Molly today. She is a sweet undemanding elderly Staffy who wants love more than walks. Not particularly treat orientated, but wears her heart on her sleeve for a cuddlev angel13.gif]
anne

Post by anne »

Sweet, sweet Molly
DSCF4720.jpgmolly.jpg
DSCF4715.jpgmolly.jpg
DSCF4713.jpgmolly.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Molly Staffie DofB 2011 Brighton E Sussex

Post by xxlynne »

Amber and mum came to Rescue a Staffie today and Molly put herself forwards
IMG_4143.JPG