Gibbsy JRT DofB 06.07.12 Rainham Essex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Re: Gibbsy JRT DofB 06.07.12 Rainham Essex

Post by xxlynne »

Sue and Stephen came with the everso lovely 17 year old Gina today to see if they could find her a companion. She has been missing little Ashley who was a Terrierrescue Jack Russell 15 / 16 years ago and they sadly had to say goodbye

Gibbsy was the perfect match for Gina. He was so respectful and so Gibsy has gone to have a lovely life.

NB We will now prepare Billy his son for his own home too.
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Be happy Gibbsy, a lovely home there for you. Let's hope the right people come along for Billy soon :goodjob.gif: :havefun.gif: woo.gif]
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

v happy for gibbsy and hoping billys homing is soon coming also - have fun and hope theres a few decent sized sticks in rainham for you gibbsy xxx
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

:smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: Such brilliant news! What a perfect match! Happy days ahead for lovely Gibsy and his delightful family! :goodjob.gif:
Gibbsysmum

Post by Gibbsysmum »

Hi everyone, Gibbsy’s new mum here 😀 would just like to give you all a little update on Gibbsy who we picked him up 3 weeks ago today, thanks to Lynnes advice and after a very good introduction with our old girl Gina. He was as good as gold in the car during the 2 hour journey home, with the exception of some very noisy motorbikes wizzing past, which he didn’t like much 🙄
Got him indoors and he had a very good explore at 90mph through the house and around the garden, with the fish in my pond fascinating him the most. During the next few hours, he settled down nicely and found his nice new comfy bed (or two!) we had lots of visits out to the garden to make sure we didn’t have any accidents and eventually time for bed !
I decided to leave him in the lounge overnight with Gina and surprisingly not a peep out of them all night, no accidents and a lovely wagging tail in the morning.
He was a little bit full of himself first thing and being the clever boy he is managed to work out how the dog flap worked, with the help of Gina and proceeded into the garden straight over on to the pond wall, I’d heard the dog flap go so was straight out after him, caught him pawing at the water and then a flying leap into the pond 😂 it shocked him a bit at first but then proceeded to duck under to catch a fish which he missed thank god.
I fished him out, as he was rather enjoying himself and had no intentions of vacating and no harm was done !
We took him over the local forest and around the lake and he met lots of doggies who’s owners allowed to say hello 😱 but thankfully he behaved fantastic, not one bark or any sign of concern or worry and was happy to say hello.
He has spent the afternoon lazing in the conservatory in his favourite spot, gazing out on the garden and then crashing out in his bed. He has now just jumped up on me while writing this as if he wants to say, thank you 😍
I’m sure this little lad is going to fit in just fine, love him already ❤️
Thank you Lynne for helping me fill the big hole left in my heart, my Ashley boy (ex RR) who sadly departed just before Xmas was extremely precious to me and meant the world, I know I can never replace him but I’m sure I can give little Gibbsy as much love and care.

I wrote the above the day after we got Gibbsy, he's now been with us 3 weeks and is doing extremely well, lots more to learn and lots more training to do but he's doing great. He's continued to be as good as gold with our old girl Gina, in fact I couldn't ask him to behave any better around her and she likes him too and enjoys his company. Gibbsy enjoys a cuddle, he's an affectionate boy and very good natured, he has settled in really well, he's an overall smashing boy, a true terrier who makes us laugh with his funny amusing ways. He still sees our chickens as lunch but calmly without reaction watches them from the conservatory window pottering around the garden, he's been swimming in the pond trying to catch the fish a few times now but again they are becoming of less interest to him.

We are just so lucky to have him and we are looking forward to giving him a great life and seeing him blossom. He is going on holiday with us in our camper van soon and will be enjoying lots of new sights and smells and I can't wait to see his little face xx
Enjoy Gibbsy’s photos ........
IMG_3602.jpg
IMG_3592.jpg
IMG_3590.jpg
IMG_3577.jpg
IMG_3552.jpg
IMG_3536.jpg
IMG_3535.jpg
IMG_3526.jpg
IMG_3202.jpg
IMG_3195.jpg
IMG_3180.jpg
IMG_3165.jpg
IMG_3160.jpg
IMG_3146.jpg
Kathys

Post by Kathys »

Lovely update. Gibbsy looks so settled love4.gif :thanks.gif: 0093.gif
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

so glad our gibbsy boy has such a nice home and has settled so well - can just imagine him jumping in the pond lol xxxx
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

A merry Christmas from Gibbsy on our FB

image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

gorgeous gibbsy we still often mention him - glad hes so happy xxx