Blue Whippet x DofB TBAss Coventry

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Blue Whippet x DofB TBAss Coventry

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Blue5.jpeg
Blue's Story: Blue was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Welsh council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Blue is neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Blue was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Blue2.jpeg
Blue.jpeg
Blue's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Please can you help any Welsh dogs our pounds are bursting:

"Blue, another Lurcher, lovely boy but has a high prey drive, goes mad if he sees the cat and takes a while to settle after so I think he's been used as a working dog. Good with dogs but wouldn't trust him with small dogs. Excellent with people. " Lianne
Owellock

Re: Blue Whippet x DofB TBAss Comes Guildford 5th April

Post by Owellock »

Wow what a little beauty, I cant wait to meet this little one!
sweetpea

Re: Blue Whippet x DofB TBAss Comes Guildford 5th April

Post by sweetpea »

Looks like a grippet ...greyhound X whippet love4.gif
Vicksg

Re: Blue Whippet x DofB TBAss Guildford Sleepover

Post by Vicksg »

Blue has come to stay overnight. What can I say? He’s gorgeous, gentle, loving, house-trained, loves all people & dogs (of ALL sizes)..... he really is so lovely. That’s before you even talk about his stunning looks.

He’s been on lots of walks, met lots of people, been to the pub...and taken it all in his gentle stride.
3DF722B9-CE37-4476-8EE8-9BD978FC09FC.jpeg
3ADFE5D7-0CE1-4094-AD39-DA51996FA804.jpeg
98B7FCAC-BA43-4286-BF65-6BA68AED4638.jpeg
724A42A2-5BC9-428C-BCBB-C86CC854809A.jpeg
IMG_2760 2 copy.jpg
Last edited by Vicksg on Mon 08 Apr 2019 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
Vicksg

Re: Blue Whippet x DofB TBAss Guildford Sleepover

Post by Vicksg »

My pack (including Blue) had a fantastic day yesterday.

We had a long walk to Waverley Abbey. He's very easy to walk - doesn't pull. He's very interested in everything, loves a good sniff. We met some sheep and horses, Blue didn't seem overly interested in either. He loves to meet other dogs. He does have a tendency to jump at them with his gangly legs, but it's absolutely friendly.

After a pub lunch during which Blue gained even more fans, and a quick rest at home, we went to a freedom field and all had a good run around together. There we discovered that he is brilliant at fetch but his stamina is low! He's definitely built for speed not endurance.

We all relaxed at home, tired and happy. I invited Blue onto my lap on the sofa but although he got up there, he didn't settle. He preferred the basket that was too small for him!

He went out for his last wee, and settled in bed immediately.

Today my Yorkie has convinced Blue to play with her. They've been racing around the garden - it's been lovely to watch. Blue definitely tires first though!
IMG_2311 copy.jpg
This dog really is an absolute gem. People friendly, dog friendly, gentle, loving, fun, handsome.....I really cannot say enough what a great dog he is. Definitely the easiest foster we've ever had. He could slot right into another family with no problem.
Vicksg

Re: Blue Whippet x DofB TBAss Guildford Kenns

Post by Vicksg »

I am VERY pleased to say that Blue has found his home, in Coventry with Jean and David.

I am not surprised that Jean spotted Blue's handsome face on the website and that he won them both over in the flesh, with his loving gentle ways.
Blue.jpg
Be happy Blue, you really are a beautiful boy.
sweetpea

Re: Blue Whippet x DofB TBAss Coventry

Post by sweetpea »

Wonderful news woo.gif] woo.gif]
Christinetully

Re: Blue Whippet x DofB TBAss Coventry

Post by Christinetully »

Wonderful news! woo.gif] Good luck lovely Blue! :smiley-bounce016.gi:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”