Breeze Staffie DofB 14.02.17 Harrow Middx

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Breeze Staffie DofB 14.02.17 Harrow Middx

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF1603.jpgbreeze.jpg
Breeze's Story: Breeze was found abandoned, unchipped and unclaimed within a West Country council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Breeze is now neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Breeze was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF1592.jpgbreeze.jpg
DSCF1595.jpgbreeze.jpg
DSCF1601.jpgbreeze.jpg
DSCF1594.jpgbreeze.jpg
Breeze's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
18.2.19: Hey Lynne,
I hope you are doing well and keeping busy I’m sure.
We have a boy in the pound who hasn’t been claimed so is looking for a home.
He is an entire male little SBT He is white with black patches, estimated young adult, loves people, very friendly and excitable. He’s a typical young male who probably hasn’t had the exercise he needs!
He is clean in his kennel and enjoys a fuss. He isn’t keen on being left alone in the kennels as will Staffie scream for a few minutes after he is put back, but will then quieten down.
Since being in the pound, he hasn’t shown this reactive behaviour. I’m told he does sometimes show interest and whine as other dogs are passing and other times he doesn’t react at all, but he does need further assessment with other dogs.
He’s a sweetie. Please let me know what you think
Thanks Jordan Dog Warden West Country
Breeze.jpg
Breeze3.jpg
Rob T

Re: Breeze Staffie DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by Rob T »

First impressions - wow!!! What a super friendly young staffie. What isn't there to like about this boy?
anne

Re: Breeze Staffie DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Yes WOW indeed. Breeze is super cute, super friendly, bouncy, energetic and FUN. He gave me a wonderful Staffie greeting in his kennel, shared some cuddles and then waited calmly while I fitted his harness and was keen to get out. He is stronger than he looks and has a lot of energy to burn so initially he did pull on the lead. Away from the hype of kennels and on our own, he slowed down, relaxed and took time to amble and sniff. I stopped in the woods and sat on a log to take some photos of Breeze but he had other ideas and either snuggled up really close for fuss and attention or rolled around in the leaves.
He seemed very keen to try and get to other dogs we saw and would pull towards them but his intentions seemed friendly and wanting to greet and play but as he had just arrived, had lots of energy and there was a lot going on at the kennels on a busy Friday I did not test this out. We will try social walks when he is a little more settled.
DSCF1503.jpgbreeze.jpg
DSCF1506.jpgbreeze.jpg
DSCF1508.jpgbreeze.jpg
anne

Re: Breeze Staffie DofB 14.02.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

DSCF1510.jpgbreeze.jpg
DSCF1596.jpgbreeze.jpg
DSCF1599.jpgbreeze.jpg
chloe_stockwell

Post by chloe_stockwell »

Such a cheeky chappie! He was very excited when I first got into his kennel, but had no issues with me putting his harness on, apart from trying to lean in for cuddles whilst I was doing it!

He's excitable and strong when you first get him out but quickly calms down. He does pull but will be easily trainable, I was giving him "heel!" commands and techniques and he was on a loose lead and giving me slack on the leads after about 5 minutes!

Bouncy and fun, he definitely loves his walks :) he seemed mildly interested in other dogs but not reactive. We were also along the road for a while with no reaction to cars or cyclists. A very good boy!
20190223_112740_opt.jpg
Simz

Post by Simz »

woo.gif] Instantly in love with this boy! Very friendly and easy going, he did pull on lead in his excitement to get out but he is very manageable and responsive to commands and actions to slow him down. He showed his considerate side by slowing down and checking on me when we had to negotiate some raised tree roots, low hanging branches and muddy ditches. We saw a number of dogs on our travels and he seemed keen to meet with waggy tail and no barking. After a long walk we went to the paddock for some calm off lead time (as he has just been neutered on Monday) and he continued to charm! Loves his treats and cuddles too, all round great, energetic and sociable boy. I expect there will soon be a queue of adoption hopefuls and he won't be with us for long! Looking forward to our next walk 😍❤️
Simz

Post by Simz »

thumbs.gif Aww Breezie, good luck boy! I knew there would b a queue of hopefuls to adopt you! Such a sweetheart ❤️ Today on our walk we practiced walking to heel and Breeze was doing so well with encouragement and treats! He really wants to please his hooman! We had a long walk today, stopped at the poets hut twice for cuddles and a 20min runaround in the paddock! We will both sleep well tonight 😆😴 on our second visit to the hut Breeze curled up partly on my lap and we could have both quite easily had a snooze! I felt bad to say we had to go, but not long now boy and you will be chilling on your very own forever sofa 😘
Simz

Post by Simz »

Beautiful social walk with Isla (and Beth) today! Breeze was such a gent, sniffing Isla's face delicately and being very engaged with what she was up to! They were able to walk side by side and both seemed very happy to be in each other's company. Well done Breeze! :smiley-dance017.gif: He does seem to have missed some basic training (like sit, leave, paw, come, and walking with loose lead) but he has proven his ability to learn new skills and with persistent training he will be a model pooch in no time! He is gorgeous and soft, enjoys cuddles and tennis balls and a good run. Fingers crossed 🤞🏽 for you Breezie! ❤️
xxlynne

Re: Breeze Staffie DofB 14.02.17 Harrow Middx

Post by xxlynne »

Breeze ( nicknamed Whirlwind!') met his family today he is their 3rd Staffie and they absolutely delighted in his enthusiasm for life! Pictures to follow

Thank you Trudi, Steve, James and Dawn (and Granddad!) So lovely to meet you
Chapmania

Re: Breeze Staffie DofB 14.02.17 Harrow Middx

Post by Chapmania »

Wonderful news woo.gif] Be happy Breeze love4.gif xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”