Lucky Doberman DofB 2007 - October 2019

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Lucky Doberman DofB 2007 - October 2019

Post by xxlynne »

lucky1DSC07816.JPG
Ailsa and family lost dearly wonderful Lucky this week due to a heart attack suffered on route to their holiday. She was travelling with them and so traumatic for all. Our hearts bleed for them.
Lucky.jpg
Lucky's Thread below:
Current Status: Homed
Lucky's Story: Lucky was signed over to the dog warden by her elderly owners, as they were no longer able to care for her. Rescue Remedies offered her a Rescue place. Lucky is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Lucky was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst she awaited her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
lucky2DSC07812.JPG
lucky3DSC07818.JPG
Lucky's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
We were asked by the dog warden to offer Lucky a Rescue place and find her a stable loving home.
Lucky.jpg
Sarahk

Re: Lucky Doberman DofB 2007 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

wow, Lucky won a lot of hearts today love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
12 years old and an absolute Lady xxx
DSC07808.JPG
DSC07809.JPG
:welcome.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Bless her, she has very weak hips which are probably a little awkward for her but she didn't let it dampen her spirits - we all swooned in her presence love4.gif
DSC07822.JPG
DSC07823.JPG
DSC07824.JPG
Come on folks, a lady like this and in her retirement years shouldn't be in kennels, come on her home :crossfingers.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

:welcome.gif: Lucky is the most adorable, gentle and cuddly girl! A truly loveable lady who would grace any sofa and be a fabulous companion - yes, I'm in love with her! love4.gif
Judy

Post by Judy »

I met Lucky for the first time this afternoon she is just adorable, a gentle soft giant. She was so very well behaved exiting and returning to the kennel block ignoring all the other dogs barking at her. She doesn't pull at all, we passed another dog walker who Lucky completely ignored. She enjoys having a fuss made of her and really is a gorgeous girl. She will make a fantastic companion, I hope she will not have to wait too long to find that person. love4.gif
Nurse Flo

Re: Lucky Doberman DofB 2007 Guildford Kenns

Post by Nurse Flo »

Lucky has moved to Guildford so it was her first explore of the area today.
First impresssions? What a beautiful and friendly girl!
She gave me the loveliest welcome in her kennel despite never having met me before.
We had a walk down to the river and Lucky was a joy throughout. Not fazed by noisy traffic, lots of people or other dogs.

She is an older lady with a weaker back end however this doesn’t stop her one little bit! She loved being out and about and I am sure that she would have carried on for much further than the 45 minutes or so that we were out for.
Infact, once back in her kennel she found a tennis ball and very gently engaged me in play.

This superstar is such a happy soul who continually smiles from ear to ear.
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Yeah so Lucky is an all round wonderful dog, plain and simple. I would have her in a heartbeat, older dogs are my fave love4.gif
having a sunbathe
having a sunbathe
LOVING her walk
LOVING her walk
sitting like a lady for a treat
sitting like a lady for a treat
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

Lucky came home with me for an hour or so today. She's a big lovable dog and was very keen to come inside the house, where she settled in quickly.
lyingdown.JPG
She was intrigued by the cats and watched them, but was relatively easy to distract. She did pull towards them on the lead when we got up to leave the room but forgot about them fairly quickly. She's a big gentle lady that is used to living in a home and seems well trained.
Attachments
luckykitchenfloor.JPG
Last edited by Beccastj on Mon 25 Mar 2019 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Lucky is gorgeous..such a happy soppy lump of a girl. I thought we'd go to the paddock for a potter about and lay in the sun, but she was much more playful and energetic than I expected. She loves the squidgy Chuck-it ball. She brings it back to you, eventually dropping it and nudging it towards you with her nose, clearly saying "and again!"

Spinx87

Post by Spinx87 »

A little late on my write up this week but I took Lucky out for a walk on Tuesday afternoon. She's such a gentle old soul and I can't help but feel sorry that she's ended up in kennels. Before we set off on our walk I gave her a treat and a fuss which she loved. As soon as you start rubbing her belly or near her hind legs she will sit sideways and enjoy them. Lucky was extremely easy to harness up and take on a walk. She's not a puller, she's more than happy to plod along at her own pace enjoying the scenery down the river.

I was lunch time so there were a number of people and dogs passing but she wasn't reactive in the slightest. It was a sunny day and I think that took it's toll on her. We walked to the 'beach' area down by the river and she happily splashed around and had a drink.
MVIMG_20190227_123234_opt.jpg
MVIMG_20190227_123257 - Copy_opt.jpg

After a drink we sat down and had another fuss before heading back.

MVIMG_20190227_123213_opt.jpg

I don't have favourites but if I did Lucky would definitely be up there! Someone please give her loving home where she can have a little wander and lots of love.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”