Blacka Staffie DofB 07.2009 Horsham

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Blacka Staffie DofB 07.2009 Horsham

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed

DSCF1161.jpgblacka.jpg

Blacka's Story: Blacka's family had a change of circumstances and placed him with in-laws, but he wasn't well cared for there. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place, saving his life. Blacka so wants to love and be loved. He has had an impoverished past and will need a settling-in period and initially, careful introductions to dogs and new people. Blacka would do well with suitable chew toys and redirection to his toys when he feels the urge (like many Staffies do!) to chew. Blacka will be neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Blacka is in temporary foster in Horsham whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.

DSCF1165.jpgblacka.jpg

DSCF1155.jpgblacka.jpg

DSCF1150.jpgblacka.jpg

DSCF1167.jpgblacka.jpg

Blacka's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.

Original Referral information:
26.12.18 "Hi, we have a male staff named Blacka, I am unsure of his age but he is on the older side of the spectrum and has grey hairs amongst his black hair.
He has had a troubled past and was physically abused by a previous owner and he now has some form of anxiety with other dogs and people he doesn’t know. He has never bitten anyone or lashed out but he growls and barks and is visibly scared. Once he knows you within a matter of hours he worships the floor you walk on, gives you constant kisses and he urinates constantly from the excitement of you stroking him or playing with him. He loves to chew up toys, toys or cushions or bones never last 5 minutes as he will chew it until it’s no longer recognisable. He is such a lovely personality and just wants to love his owner as much as possible! But he is getting severely neglected. Blacka is never there and the younger brother rarely remembers or bothers to feed him or take him out, this can last for days on end, and he is 24/7 kept in a tiny room the size of a dog crate aside, if the brother lets him out into the garden to relieve himself. He is clearly underweight and needs a health check for multiple reasons he chews at his feet and back legs until they are sore, he has a red rash type of mark on his chest, and he urinates constantly about every half an hour a bright bright yellow colour and very potent smell. He LOVES food, he loves destroying chew toys, he loves spinning in circles when he’s out in the garden. He doesn’t play fetch, he just grabs the biggest branch he can find and chews on it. He loves running fast, and loves lots of attention and tug of war type of games. He loves playing with plastic bottles. He didn’t like the cat that they had, but he was very curious and non aggressive towards the kittens she had, but there was always a stair gate between them. He has had doggy friends before, I would like to think he would react with other dogs the same as he is with people, he just needs to be around them for a few hours to see they are safe and nice, and then he loves them, but initially he is just really scared, we have to pull him back from other dogs when we go walking because he will growl at them. I would say initially other cats and dogs are a no go. But I strongly believe with a little bit of time and proper training that would change as Blacka loves to have friends and play wherever possible. He is fine with young children, nieces and nephews down to age 3 have been around him and cuddle him and stroke him and he has never once growled or shown any form of aggression towards them. He really does just crave to be loved and looked after and that is all me and my partner want for him. Please consider taking him on and letting him be the dog he so desperately wants to be!!! "
01.02.19 Blacka was off our waiting list, as they thought they had found an alternative, but now back on our list.
Elliesmum

Re: Blacka Staffie DofB 07.2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elliesmum »

I met Blacka today, he was spinning round in his kennel and barking. I sat down in his run and he came straight out and jumped in my lap. I put a harness on him and he wasn't bothered at all by my fiddling around and lifting his legs up. I was struck by how tiny he was, and very undernourished, bless him. He looks like he's had a very tough life. We went of for a walk and he was more sprightly that I thought he would be, and is very good on the lead with no pulling. We went to the poets hut but he was too restless to sit still for long and started spinning again, so we carried on with our walk. He does a nice sit for treats and I had no problems handling him and he let me touch him all over, lifting his legs when the lead got tangled. Back in his kennel, he gave me some lap cuddles and when I left, he was spinning again. I don't think he knows how to chill and relax yet, but he is very people friendly, so I'm sure he will settle. Blacka, you are going to get lots of love and you will feel better soon. Dear little chap.

A bit bewildered at the moment.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

😔 no words
Onwards and upwards darling boy. Thank God for RR xx
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

So diddy and so gorgeous. Welcome to love Blacka xxxxxxx love4.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Blacka is a complete sweetie. He made friends with me the minute I entered his kennel. I didn't see any spinning today which I guess is already an improvement. He loves to be hugged and stroked. We went for a little walk and I found Blacka to have a skip in his step. He certainly enjoyed being out and about. He is tiny and walks nicely on the lead. He loves to have a good sniff about and when I stopped he found himself a stick to chew but would leave it and move on if I asked him to. I absolutely adore this little man.

DSCF1158.jpgblacka.jpg

DSCF1168.jpgblacka.jpg

DSCF1152.jpgblacka.jpg

DSCF1146.jpgblacka.jpg

DSCF1137.jpgblacka.jpg
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Lovely photos, he looks a little cutie, such a dear little face. Hope he is homed soon. :crossfingers.gif:
Sarahk

Re: Blacka Staffie DofB 07.2009 Horsham Temp Foster

Post by Sarahk »

Lovely little Blacka has gone into foster with Paul & Julie for some respite from kennel life :D

He made himself right at home very quickly !!...

12BC9E18-1B48-4856-85DD-D0B20C9547C8.jpeg

D59B2E70-18A9-447C-BC4C-104AB7A3F713.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
chloe_stockwell

Post by chloe_stockwell »

Took this lovely boy out before he got picked up for his foster.

I hadn't met him before and I could tell he was a little nervous and wasn't looking very sure for the first 5 minutes or so of his walk, but who can blame him with his background.

Took him into the Poets hut and after some treats, cuddles and LOTS of kisses, he was happy as anything. After we left the hut his demeanour completely changed and he was eager to walk and wanted to be in front of me all the way!

Lovely and affectionate boy, he also sat and gave paw for treats, very well behaved :)

20190216_095852_opt.jpg
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Sarah visited earlier today and kindly left us with the diminutive Blacka to look after for the coming week.

Once he had unpacked (loaned bedding, blankets, leads etc - thank you!) he was introduced to Julie's two boys and looked immediately at home, busily exploring the downstairs and rear garden.

It took him no time to identify what has already become a favourite wee spot - time will tell what the lavender plant there will make of all the attention.

He's been happily chomping and sucking on a tennis ball for most of the afternoon, not even putting it down to have a doze (turn up the volume to hear him snoring)!

PaulB

Post by PaulB »

He's such a sweet little man - always taking an interest in everything going on around him, and often returning to one of the two bed options to resume the normal position!

Blacka Bed 2.jpg

Blacka Bed 1.jpg
Last edited by PaulB on Sun 17 Feb 2019 08:44, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”