Taffie (Mikey) Staffie DofB 2013 Waterlooville

Dogs that have found their forever home
winedr1nkerme

Re: Taffie (Mikey) Staffie DofB 2013 Waterlooville

Post by winedr1nkerme »

Taffie is such a sweetheart, we love him so. With patience, love and time his insecurities and worries are lessening. Left him with my brother for an hour yesterday to prepare him for a longer stay next week when we have a long hospital appointment; he was a bit worried and is more clingy today, but I hope he’ll be okay there in time. Vet says his ear problem might be a yeasty allergic thing, so we are cleaning them as advised. Photos show him ‘guarding’ us whilst we tidy up the front garden in the sun on Wednesday, then relaxing that evening...bless!!
66CD74D6-E953-4940-BBBC-A1205263323C.jpeg
2EC910DB-3D49-4521-ACA0-B8F6A97F44CA.jpeg
C842257D-EAE2-4D5C-8CD6-DF1B511717CB.jpeg
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Love that last pic love4.gif love4.gif thumbs.gif
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Driving home today, just down the road from where we live I spotted a little staffy being walked and I thought I know that little face - yes it was Taffie (Mikey to me though!). I got Mike to stop the car and jumped out to say hello to him and his lovely owners Angie and Avery. It was so lovely to see him, he was so happy and we had some lovely cuddles, he is looking good, putting on weight and his coat was so smooth. Hope to see him again as he does not live far from us. love4.gif
winedr1nkerme

Post by winedr1nkerme »

Foto of Taffie all cosied up with his Snugglepad. He has been homed with us for eight weeks now and continues to delight us. He has relaxed enough to enjoy play times indoors so we tried an off lead walk again, and this time he loved chasing a ball, a number of times. Nice to see him running, but he seems just as happy on his more usual lead walks. Though he does put the’brakes’ on occasionally in certain places and we can’t fathom why. And in the first few weeks he reacted once when I went to get him out of the car (easily overcome by tempting with a treat), and seemed to want to get into any car we passed when walking. We wonder if perhaps he was driven somewhere and pulled out of the car and left when he was abandoned. Anyway, his confidence is growing, he has filled out a bit and is a very happy dog, especially if his ‘family’ is all together. I have a special birthday coming up in a few weeks and we were planning an overnight stay but I think it’s too soon to leave him overnight (with my brother) and worry it might put him back a bit. So we are cancelling the overnight bit. How daft is that my friends will say, but you dog lovers will understand I’m sure!
3C321CC5-1807-4AFE-9BB1-D26089075F0E.jpeg
Fran

Post by Fran »

As a dog lover I completely understand - You could always move the date and celebrate later :D . So pleased to see Taffie is settling in, he does look very relaxed 0093.gif
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely update and photo :goodjob.gif: :thanks.gif:
Keep up the good work its obviously working love4.gif thumbs.gif woo.gif]
Rob T

Post by Rob T »

Wonderful to see Taffie settling in so well. A really lovely boy. Over the moon for you all.
winedr1nkerme

Post by winedr1nkerme »

Taffie has been with us 3 months now. He is much more relaxed but we’re still not keen to leave him overnight (with my brother), so for my BIG birthday on Monday we are going away in the motorhome, which Taffie loves. Going out for posh meal in dog friendly pub in a dog friendly taxi. We are all looking forward to it! This dog has enriched our lives so much, he is gorgeous, such a good dog and very affectionate, Avery and he adore each other. We would love to know how such a lovely dog came to be a stray - our thanks to Rescue Remedies for taking him in and caring for him, and to the volunteer walkers. :thanks.gif:

8148161E-7CA5-4EE0-B81F-2033F27CEF5F.jpeg

DBD935E5-60DC-428E-A055-5A3E77A50DE0.jpeg
winedr1nkerme

Post by winedr1nkerme »

We are approaching GOTCHA DAY for Taffie, so a quick update. He has blossomed into a very affectionate, warm and funny boy. We often wonder what his life was before he was abandoned/became a stray and can’t understand why that happened. He was obviously well trained, (and loved?) he knows lots of commands. He enjoys his walks but dislikes rain and cold, so his life on the streets must have been very miserable. Of course we try and make up for that and spoil him rotten, he had to lose 2 kilos recently! He is a joy to us both, but especially to Avery, to whom he is a tonic. Ave’s health isn’t great but he walks him every day. Taffie is not without issues: he dislikes most men in hats, tall men in dark clothes, black men, a particular Chinese lady, some people who loom over him to pet him(without asking if okay first!] and small boys. And my brother who was to be our dog carer if we were out for a whole day. This was all of great concern to me initially as our previous Staffie liked everyone and everything. But we have learnt to manage it and it’s not a big issue now. Taffie still gets some quality off lead walks, where he can run and skip and get muddy (are we going to see the sun again anytime soon?) we love him and are so pleased we got him, I think he is pleased we got him too....thank you RR x
winedr1nkerme

Post by winedr1nkerme »

84EB1336-FFCC-4B92-B325-B5A6A11F7142.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”