Otto Labrador DofB 14.04.17 Redhill Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Otto Labrador DofB 14.04.17 Redhill Surrey

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF0261.jpgotto.jpg
Otto's Story: Otto was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a Welsh council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Otto is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Otto was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst he awaits his new family.

Otto cannot live with children, as he is food and toy possessive. We are hoping that with time and dedicated training this will fade, but Otto currently must be carefully managed around food and objects/toys that he may resource guard.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF0254.jpgotto.jpg
DSCF0271.jpgotto.jpg
DSCF0260.jpgotto.jpg
Otto's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
7.12.18: I was wondering if you had any room at the Inn? WWPs Lianne
"Otto the Lab, this dog has lived with a family. I don't think he's had much training, good with dogs though. I've not had issues with him but kennels say they wouldn't trust him with very young children? "
OttoLab.jpg
Nurse Flo

Re: Otto Labrador DofB 14.04.17 Guildford Kenns

Post by Nurse Flo »

I met Otto for the first time today and WOWSERS what a lovely boy.

He gave me a friendly welcome in his kennel and patiently waited whilst I faffed around for ever and a day trying to find a harness to fit.
At last we were off and he showed no reaction whatsoever to all the shouting from his kennel mates as we walked on by.
He was not fazed by the noisy traffic that we had to walk close to and walked BEAUTIFULLY on his lead.

Once off the busy road, he put his nose to the ground and followed a trail down to the river, all the time his tail wagging like mad!
We met a few on lead dogs and whilst we didn’t get too close as it was our first walk together, Otto’s body language was positive and relaxed.
In true Labrador style, Otto is food orientated and although he loved using his nose to explore his world, he happily engaged with me when I called his name and did a fab sit for a treat.

This boy has been loved and trained. What a dreadful shame he has ended up homeless but let’s hope his stay in Rescue is a short one.
pits

Re: Otto Labrador DofB 14.04.17 Guildford Kenns

Post by pits »

Here's Otto the labrador earlier today. We had a walk for the first time and even with the miserable weather he appeared overjoyed to be out and about exploring the world. Here he is posing very professionally.
otto.jpg
anne

Re: Otto Labrador DofB 14.04.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Otto is an amazing boy, so friendly, happy and responsive. He walked with new walker Rachel today, exploring the grounds and down the lane to get his bearings. He then posed beautifully for the camera, delighted that this involved treats, for which he would immediately sit and then take very gently. He is incredibly handsome and although quite a big boy and potentially strong, he walks really well on the lead.
DSCF0248.jpgotto.jpg
DSCF0253.jpgotto.jpg
DSCF0266.jpgotto.jpg
DSCF0259.jpgotto.jpg
Couldn't resist sharing this one, it made me smile
Couldn't resist sharing this one, it made me smile
Rach_122

Post by Rach_122 »

This was the second time I walked Otto and he continues to melt my heart! He will do anything for treats (which he sits for and takes so gently) so that always helps!
We went for a lovely long walk in the woods today and he was so perfect on the lead. Was such a pleasure to walk him, he wasn’t phased by other dogs and always had that big beautiful smile on his face! Such a gorgeous boy!! ❤️
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

My first walk with Otto last Friday, wow, what a treat :D
Lovely boy and very polite xxx
E89C50B7-EC62-48A2-800F-C64BFA2F30D1.jpeg
652D6180-7FEC-4BAE-8E25-A452160D6540.jpeg
75DE5F57-C1C9-4902-B82E-AA73344056EB.jpeg
love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
xxlynne

Re: Otto Labrador DofB 14.04.17 Epping Forest

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)

Otto and Ollie has a certain ring about it!

Thanks to Fiona and Darren ...they will have a very interesting couple of weeks settling these young labs together but they both have great temperments (and the dogs!)
Stu

Post by Stu »

I had a lovely long walk across the fields in the winter sun with Otto today. He seemed to really enjoy being in the open fields but was confused by how to cope with stiles of which there are a number of different types. He squirmed under some and had to be coaxed over others by the last he had gained the confidence to negotiate it without too much trouble. Everything seemed to be very new to him but he was happy to investigate all the new scents. Otto walks very well and doesn't seem at all bothered by other dogs we easily passed 2 Westies at close range and he didn't react at all.
Simz

Post by Simz »

Otto is such a bouncy bundle of joy! :smiley-dance017.gif: He walks well on lead and responds well to instruction and treats! He likes to eat ice of the ground so be aware of this in the icy weather! He is such a nutter, no reaction at all to other dogs. A real sweetheart, makes me laugh every time I see him, his negotiation of the turnstiles is hilarious 😂. Next time I must try to video him and share on the forum! I really hope he finds his forever home soon 😊
Judy

Post by Judy »

I met Otto for the first time this afternoon, he certainly is a stunner, gorgeous boy so friendly and pleased to be going out. He was very easy to take out and bring back in the kennel block, he did not react to the other dogs barking at him. He is such an easy walk, he doesn't pull even when we saw squirrels chasing around in the woods. I cannot imagine that this lovely boy will be in kennels for long, I certainly hope not anyway. love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”