Sasha Rottie x Staffie DofB 16.01.12 Crowborough E Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Sasha Rottie x Staffie DofB 16.01.12 Crowborough E Sussex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF9244.jpgsasha.jpg
Sasha's Story: Sasha lost her home as an only pet due her owners' relationship break down. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Sasha is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Sasha was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF9238.jpgsasha.jpg
DSCF9245.jpgsasha.jpg
DSCF9255.jpgsasha.jpg
Sasha's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Sadly Sasha lost her home due to a relationship break up and came into our Rescue 11.11.18
Sasha8.JPG
Sasha.JPG
Sasha1.JPG
anne

Re: Sasha Rottie x Staffie DofB 16.01.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Sasha is very nervous at the moment and carries a sadness in her eyes. I am sure she is missing her family and struggling with the noisy, unfamiliar environment she now finds herself in. However she is making friends and once out of her kennel yesterday, Emily and I saw her begin to relax and trust. Sasha is a sweetheart and just needs time and love to readjust. In a new home she will be able to settle and learn to love life again so I have my fingers crossed she is not waiting too long.
DSCF9231.jpgsasha.jpg
DSCF9247.jpgsasha.jpg
DSCF9233.jpgsasha.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Sasha was less nervous today and as we stepped out into the sunshine I began to see her relax and enjoy her walk. Sasha walks with a loose lead, she is no bother at all, and as you can see in the video, she turns and checks regularly with me as she walks.
EmilyR

Post by EmilyR »

I walked Sasha for the second time today. Again, she was nervous in the kennels but we walked to a quiet opening in the forest and she completely relaxed. She loved affection, knows all the commands and enjoyed tummy rubs. Her lead walking is perfect and overall a lovely dog. Hoping she gets her forever home very soon!
EmilyR

Post by EmilyR »

Making friends!
IMG_20181115_111018.jpg
IMG_20181115_110036.jpg
IMG_20181115_111638.jpg
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

Dear Sasha was very nervous and hiding at the back of her kennel when I went to her today so Steph very kindly got her out for me. Once outside, Sasha was a bit wary of me but after a couple of good girls and brave girls, she visibly relaxed and we set off on our walk. She walks beautifully - it's a march march march but no pulling whatsoever. She's very responsive to her name and is a fan of sausages! We passed other dogs with little or no reaction from Sasha. A lovely lady.
EmilyR

Post by EmilyR »

This was Sasha on Friday. Went to see her today and again she was very playful and afffectionate. She is a very intelligent girl with lots of love to give.
anne

Post by anne »

Wonderful videos Emily. When I look into Sasha's eyes I definitely see such an intelligent, gentle girl. Sasha walked with Timmy Tim this morning. Both dogs walked with loose leads and could chose to walk close together if they wanted. Sasha was initially a bit anxious about Timmy following her but Timmy took no notice of her and she relaxed but they both chose to give each other respectful space throughout the walk.
DSCF9533.jpgsasha.jpg
DSCF9535.jpgsasha.jpg
ChrisE

Post by ChrisE »

EmilyR wrote: Mon 19 Nov 2018 17:46

This was Sasha on Friday. Went to see her today and again she was very playful and afffectionate. She is a very intelligent girl with lots of love to give.
I Love the videos Emily. Sasha is such an intelligent girl and it's obvious she is comfortable with you. I only saw her briefly in her kennel today but she did seem nervous with all the noise in the kennels.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”