Major German Shepherd DofB 18.09.08 26.08.20

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Major German Shepherd DofB 18.09.08 26.08.20

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
majorDSC07116.JPG
Donna shared the sad news that Major passed away Peacefully Wednesday.
Flower57.jpg
Major's Story: Major has had a tough life. His owner was an alcoholic who was forced to move to smaller accommodation where Major was unsettled and nipped a stranger who touched Major's arthritic hip. Major was then found tied up and abandoned. He remained unclaimed within a Surrey council pound until Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place, saving his life. Major is now neutered, chipped, has had a full dental, and is vaccinated. Major was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF8728.jpgmajor.jpg
DSCF8731.jpgmajor.jpg
Major's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
The dog warden asked us to help Major find his new family
anne

Re: Major German Shepherd DofB 2008 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

I met Major this morning and we wandered over to the paddock. He enjoyed time just to mooch around and check out all the smells in his own time. He is gentle and friendly and accepts a bit of fuss but would rather be doing his own thing. He has some arthritis in his back legs but he was still keen to go for a gentle walk around the woods after the paddock, taking his time to investigate his surroundings. He is easy to manage on the lead despite being quite a big boy.
DSCF8735.jpgmajor.jpg
DSCF8753.jpgmajor.jpg
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

I’ve met Major before . He was my friends neighbours dog and was tied up outside all summer in the blistering heat with that big coat of his .
I will try and get some more info Lynne re other dogs etc .
I imagine no kids due to his health / pain arthritis but he has had a hard life so really needs foster or a retirement home as soon as possible folks
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

We are well informed, Major has been found stray frequently...this time however his owner having moved home is not allowed to keep him
Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

Met and walked the gorgeous Major today and have to say what a fabulous gentleman he is love4.gif Very friendly upon entering his kennel and we enjoyed a stroll in the sunshine. Very calm and placid nature for such a large boy angel13.gif]
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Majorly handsome love4.gif
DSC07116.JPG
DSC07110.JPG
DSC07115.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

DSC07117.JPG
DSC07118.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

I agree with Debbie - Major is such a gentle-man. So friendly went I first went into his kennel and easy to put lead on. We went for a leisurely stroll up the lane and back through the woods and it was a pleasure. I do hope he finds a foster or a furever home soon where he can be warm and dry and not exacerbate his arthritis. Although he will be well loved in the kennels and loved by us walkers as he is such a star!
Weebs

Re: Major German Shepherd DofB 18.09.08 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Weebs »

He sprinted out today and walked at a cracking pace for an old chap with arthritis and had a sniff here and a sniff there. Dear Major. love4.gif He should be in a library with a smoking jacket on, a monocle, a glass of brandy to hand, telling of his memories. 0002.gif]
frankie

Re: Major German Shepherd DofB 18.09.08 Gatwick Kenns

Post by frankie »

Aw my gorgeous boys reserved this has made my day . Good luck my dear dear lad I'm made up for you .xxx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”