Marshall Mastiff x Staffie DofB 12.12.16 Sidcup Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
Tamsin

Re: Marshall Mastiff x Staffie DofB 12.12.16 Guildford Kenns

Post by Tamsin »

I walked Marshall for the first time today and what a greeting I got! Super affectionate and cuddly. I took him first to the paddock where he loved running after the ball..... he’s not great at remembering to bring them back though!
We then went for a walk and passed RR Hamish and Marshall lay down and was clearly desperate to play. No sign of aggression at all, despite Hamish barking at him!
Marshall would benefit hugely from some structure and family life. He’s a clever dog, only young and really wants to please his human and learn good skills
Smashing boy
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

There are few dogs as handsome as Marshall, he's very special to me and I may have told him 20 times on Saturday. He's officially a "big dog" now and his family will need experience of having a large lump of love in their lives wink.gif
Serious face
Serious face
Not so serious
Not so serious
SUCH a boy!
SUCH a boy!
Secret Squirrel

Post by Secret Squirrel »

Had a lovely chat with Christina, (Who had to return him due to ill health)

Message from her:

So many nice words about this boy
"Here he is. "He will always be the biggest love in our lives. He showed us the most important lessons of forgiveness of humans by an animal who had the most horrible beginnings.
He gave humans more chances than ever deserved.
Marshall is so beautiful, I wonder who his mum and dad were to have created such a fabulous boy.
His fur is so smooth and sleek he looks like he’s naked; His dry paw pads smell of digestive biscuits ( which he LOVES to eat as a treat ) and his coat smells of the herb bergamot, he is beautiful, I am so much in love with him. He was and always will be our beautiful boy."

We all wish you well after your operation Christina, and send get well wishes to both of you.
Marshall_4.JPG
Marshall_1.JPG
Marshall_2.JPG
Marshall_3.JPG
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

How gorgeous does Marshall look, as he sits nicely for walker Tamsin, waiting for treats? love4.gif

C748C9A8-D6A6-4F48-828A-9D53B87B6E2F.jpeg
Rosiemae173

Post by Rosiemae173 »

I snuck in Marshall’s kennel today with some treats and I got a lovely cuddle in return! He’s such a big sweetheart and I hope he finds his home soon :crossfingers.gif:
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

Marshall another big gentle boy !
He's happily met and walked with many kennel friends this week, Showing young boy Rocky how a big brother would behave .Rocky was excited to be alongside Marshall, Both boys play bowed to stay hello then settled into a lovely calm walk, side by side . Marshall loves scenting and exploring on his walks, so his walking companions feel safe and comfortable by his side.
Marshall is affectionate, trusting and misses human company and home comforts and would love his own forever home .
andyrols

Post by andyrols »

I've walked Marshall a couple of times and found him to be a very easy, loving dog. When meeting him close up in order to get the harness on just watch you don't get bashed on the nose but otherwise he's no problem at all, ignoring the barking around him as he leaves the kennels for his walk. He's quite strong initially but does settle down and responds well to limited commands but when you consider how far he's come it's surprising he trusts or responds to anyone.
Well done to RR for saving this lovely fella, and it's so great to see him blossom from those original photos to the lovely looking dog he is today.
BTW, I haven't included a photo as those already on the forum are far better than I managed, but believe me, he's one handsome chap.
FranB

Post by FranB »

Lovely play in the paddock and walk around the field with Marshall today. He got rid of his energy chasing the big blue ball and took a little persuading to let someone else have a turn in the paddock, but then was ready to lay in the sun and rest and be cuddled. He is such a softee for such a big strong boy and is a pleasure to spend time with. love4.gif
EmmaD

Post by EmmaD »

I utterly adore Marshall, he is such a loving, gently boy. He's just so happy to spend time with people when you take him out, all he wants to do is cuddle! Check out this video of him and I in the paddock, having some cuddle time, playing a bit of ball - a wonderful, big, beautiful soul. And lovely feedback from his owner who could sadly not keep him, come on folks, if you like big woofers please consider young Marshall !!

Marshall_opt.jpg
Handsome or wot ???
FranB

Post by FranB »

Marshall and I had a lovely amble this afternoon and he was so good. Although he is big, he really is a gentle boy and listens and doesn’t pull. When he needs to be at your side crossing the road or on a narrow path, he is so well behaved. He really enjoyed the sunny weather and having a good sniff at everything. We didn’t meet any other dogs but he enjoyed having a good look at the ponies up the road and a cat walking by, which he didn’t really show much desire to chase.
89B47EE3-FE21-4123-ACAF-CECE3ADEB8C5.jpeg
7C9C825F-D225-42D4-8065-AC840B914677.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”