Marshall Mastiff x Staffie DofB 12.12.16 Sidcup Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
Jojokate

Re: Marshall Mastiff x Staffie DofB 12.12.16 Sidcup Kent

Post by Jojokate »

love4.gif Marshall looks amazing . Lucky boy and lucky you to have such a great dog in your lives . Thank you for the update
Chrismccarthy54

Post by Chrismccarthy54 »

For so many “ lost “ dogs out there, there isn’t always a family to find them. I am so glad you found Marshall; it makes my heart ping to see him in such lovely surroundings and at home with a family in his life at last. He looks amazing, we know you must have so many compliments about him when you walk him. I think of him all the time and it’s great to have updates from you all. Thankyou 👍
Kate

Post by Kate »

Oh such fab photos of Marshall! He is having the best time and looking very relaxed and happy! Lovely boy love4.gif
Steph

Post by Steph »

:havefun.gif: a little update on Marshall. Its now 9 weeks since this big lumux entered our lives. It’s had its ups and downs each week he becomes more settled. We do have a good thief in the house and you cannot leave anything out not even for a second. He demolished a whole large saucepan full of peeled potatoes, we've lost count of how many packs of butter he has managed to steal. The most eventful theft was when he was left whilst we opened the door. He took a large slab of pizza dough that was just proving and as it had live yeast in it we needed a trip to the vets to make him sick. This wasn't a nice experience it didn't help they the vet was rightly so in PPE. He wouldn't let her touch him so we agreed to try a muzzle as soon as he saw it he said went ballistic. He must have had a bad experience with one so that was quickly abandoned. We then both tried holding him whilst she tried to inject him he is strong he wriggled free breaking the needle. We tried again and had some success she didn't get it all in but it did the trick and he was sick to order. If anyone has any experience in taking him to the vet please could you share it with us we are already dreading his annuals jabs. I don't think I've said thank you to everyone that's had input to him and Kate and Steve certainly helped in getting him ready for us - many thanks. He is a joy most of the time and each week does get better. Here's a couple pics of our lovely boy especially when he's asleep 😂😂😂
Steph

Post by Steph »

61E1F24F-CE4D-4778-97B3-5607C25B6F4E.jpeg
59EE23A0-0795-48A0-AC75-0F5C67AA5421.jpeg
0B0918BC-A0F8-4258-A0F7-6BAC2B3670BC.jpeg
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely photos .... Kiss of love.gif
When lockdown is over will your vets allow you to take him in and sit in the waiting room and give him treats without being seen ...if you do this a few times it may help desensitise him bighug.gif
Steph

Post by Steph »

Thanks that will be worth a try 😍
Rjackson

Post by Rjackson »

So amazing to see Marshall look so happy and loved means the world to us, than you so much xxx
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Lovely Marshall.
Yes my Bobby’s trips to the vet are very traumatic and I have no choice but to muzzle which proves difficult in itself .
We had to Bobby’s out in the street!!

Try going in a few times just as a nice little visit and weigh him or get the nurses to say hi and then leave so he sees it as a positive ... ( once allowed of course )
ektaylor

Post by ektaylor »

I have been following this Vet Behavourist for a while now and he seems amazing. He is a co-founder of Absolute dogs and is passionate about merging training with veterinary practice, he is offering online consultations at the moment:
https://www.facebook.com/behavet/

As other people have said, taking him to the vets and getting him use to it and getting him used to a muzzle will really help. You'll have to take it slowly. If he is worried about a vet giving him an injection, ask if you could do it if the vet supervises and tells you what to do. I know one of our volunteers has had to do that with Genie (ambull) in the past as he has trust issues with new people.

Apart from that, it is so wonderful seeing him settling into a home. He has a huge fan base, so please do keep us up to date with how he is doing.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”