Bella & Beau Staffies DoB 2006 & 22.10.09 South Petherton Somerset

Dogs that have found their forever home
John

Re: Bella & Beau Staffies DofB 2006:22.10.09 Gatwick Kenns

Post by John »

I found myself down at Gatwick yesterday (transporting Ziggy and Charlie bear to Foster) and couldn't resist meeting up again with Bella and Beau.What a lovely couple of dogs these are. They were quite excited in the kennels to be going out. Bella is the more vocal of the two and they really are happy in each other's company. We went into the paddock where they had a good old tug on a football especially Bella.
I perched myself on the swing seat and in their own time they both came up for a cuddle. What a great way to spend half an hour!!
These two will make someone very happy.
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Leeanne and I took these two adorable sweethearts out today, we have fallen for them 0002.gif] . Had a lovely chilled walk in the woods. Belle is much happier now her wound is healing, it is lovely to them together, they would make wonderful book ends on your sofa. :smiley-dance017.gif:
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

I've been lucky enough to spend time with these two the last couple of weeks, last week in the paddock with my mum and yesterday for a nice gentle stroll. They had great fun in the paddock, Bella more interested in steaming around with an old football while Beau was content with cuddles. He did finally join in the fun and games and play tug with Bella and the football. I walked Bella yesterday while mum walked Beau, Bella seems to like to get on with things and knows what she wants. Nose to the ground at a nice pace, happy to wait for Beau to catch up and share sniffs in the long grass. Though she likes to explore at the full length of the lead she in no way pulls or is hard to walk. Bella doesn't mind "speaking her mind" and is a lovely chatty staffie. So far she hasn't been too fussed with cuddles but still enjoys a nice stroke behind the ear! Gorgeous girl with that distinguished grey muzzle love4.gif
Bella_opt.jpg
Bella Paddock_opt.jpg
20180817_122945_opt.jpg
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Leeanne and I took these two adorable sweethearts out, both are really easy to walk, and not at all dog reactive. Belle is happy to have a good sniff, while Beau is happy to stop for a cuddle. It is lovely to see how bonded they are together, please consider these two sweeties for their forever home :crossfingers.gif:
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Leeanne and I took these two adorable sweethearts out on the charity walk. They walk so well together no interest in other dogs. The rain did not put them off having a lovely walk. They did enjoy getting towel dried back in their kennel. They would make a wonderful addition to a family, they are not demanding, all they want is love and cuddles :crossfingers.gif:
anne

Post by anne »

Bella
Bella
Beau
Beau
Beau
Beau
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff and I walked Bella and Beau today after they had posed for their glamour photo shoot with Anne! These two are little poppets, very easy to walk, very gentle, very friendly. Whoever adopts them will have a lot of love and a lot of fun. Beau is particularly good at walking by your side. Little darling xxx
Clbriggs

Re: Bella & Beau Staffie Pair DoB 2006 & 22.10.09 Egham Foster

Post by Clbriggs »

Bella and Beau have been in foster with me since September. I love them, they are the friendliest, lovable dogs. I think Lynne said they are mother and son, that would certainly account for their very strong bond. They love each other very much and when out walking Beau will take the lead but Bella is always right behind and sniffing everything that Beau sniffs!
Bella is a dream, quite elderly now and this shows in her slow pace when out walking (although when there is a ball involved you would not think she is 13 years old, she will give Beau a run for his money for about 5 minutes before she has to take a break from running around!) She is partial to a 'run and chuck move' which makes me smile every time. She will run and then chuck herself on her side and roll around the ground on her back - so funny to watch her. She is very well house trained and loves nothing more than snoozing on the sofa and receiving strokes from her human. She will bark or sit next to the door to let you know that she needs to go outside for a pee/poo!

Now to Beau. Beau has had accidents in the house, at first I thought it was marking but actually I think it is more of a weak bladder. With encouragement and treats he is almost there with going out side to the toilet, however if left more than a couple of hours there is likely to be an accident indoors. For the first couple of months I did have to get up in the night to let him out to go to the toilet however the frequency of this is becoming less now. Beau will need someone who will be around most of the time to be able to let him out to go to the toilet. They are happy to be left on their own though, its just the toileting issue that requires presence to avoid accidents.

Beau can jump quite high and on a few occasions has launched himself over my gate (4ft) into my neighbours garden, which has made me get a new gate and higher fencing!! He cannot get over that! If he sees a cat he looks very alert, but none have got close enough for me to see how they would react close up. However I do foster rabbits also and he will calmly mooch around the hutches and smell them and not pay any further attention.

When out for a walk, both walk lovely on the lead, naturally curious and want to smell everything! Beau has a lot of energy and runs after a ball like he was a pup, you really would not think he is nearly 10. Beau can be a bit reactive with other dogs when out, however other dogs do not phase Bella at all. They are highly sensitive to noises and can be a bit 'barky' in normal situations but Beau's recall and response to 'No' 'sit' 'down' has improved massively. Bella doesn't really listen to me though and mooches around on her own terms!!! She comes when it is dinner time or its 'walkies' time!!!

These two would be a dream for someone who will be around most of the time for them, they are happy to do their own thing but also love to snooze next to you on the sofa. Beau requires a bit of reassurance sometimes, he was very upset around bonfire night with fireworks, as a lot of dogs are, and it took him a few days to come around from this.

I brought Bella and Beau to my parents in Somerset with me for Christmas. Both of them took a huge shine to my dad and brother, particularly Bella, she must have been missing some male human company and has chosen to lay next to them at every opportunity for her snoozes. Both have greeted the many visitors with excitement and good manners and seem very at ease with meeting new people.

I cant tell you how much joy these two have brought to me, they deserve a very special home for their retirement years who will love and understand them. What you will receive back will be utter devotion - priceless.
sweetpea

Re: Bella & Beau Staffie Pair DoB 2006 & 22.10.09 Egham Foster

Post by sweetpea »

A lovely update thank you so much :goodjob.gif: 0093.gif :nicethread.gif: :thanks.gif: love4.gif love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”