Teddy (Rocky) Rottie x Shep DofB 16.10.16 Sheerness Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
anne

Re: Rocky RottiexShep DofB 16.10.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Rocky was quite excited today and kept doing delightful little puppy bounces. He is usually so calm it was lovely to see him expressing such delight being out on his walk. As it was not so hot we went on a longer walk today and Rocky was beautifully behaved throughout. He is handsome, young, very responsive and so delightful.
DSCF5395.jpgrocky.jpg
DSCF5409.jpgrocky.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Rocky is such an awesome boy. He is so gentle, friendly and responsive. He is completely in tune with me when I walk him and I only have to ask him once to do something and he does it straight away. His Shepherd intelligence and Rottie soppiness is the perfect mix.
Here he is enjoying his walk.

anne

Post by anne »

Sharing blackberries with Rocky
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Rocky and I enjoyed a lovely walk today. He was very excited to be going out but like the good boy he is sat and waited for his lead to be put on and then off we went. Rocky has had a bad past but he doesn’t let it stop him enjoying himself. He is wary of men and was not sure of a lively gentleman we met outside but we kept our distance and he was happy to walk past without any problems. Rocky loves the water and so I couldn’t resist taking him to the stream even though I knew I’d get soaked! True to past visits in he bounded and proceeded to bounce around like a complete loon. It is so lovely to see this side of rocky and him truly enjoying himself. Once we were both thoroughly soaked off we set again to complete our walk. Us walkers are not supposed to have favourites but this boy is rapidly becoming one of mine. love4.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Rocky and I enjoyed a lovely walk this morning. I was very proud of Rocky as we were passed by a group of about 30 walkers and while Rocky and I stood to one side to let them pass, Rocky very politely sniffed the grass. He looked up when a couple of the men remarked what a good dog he was but he did not make any fuss at all. Then on the way back a terrier, evading its owner, came up close and shouted at Rocky. Again Rocky just stood politely watching the terrier until he had made his point and ran back to his owner. Such a calm and easy going boy is our Rocky. thumbs.gif
DSCF5724.jpgrocky.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Rocky and I headed off on a different path this morning for a longer walk. Rocky was brilliant as we walked through fields, across bridges and through the woods. However on a new route I saw his nerves surface. He was a little more jumpy than usual at noises and sudden movements and we found a scary tree! Rocky suddenly dropped very close to the ground, crawled up towards the tree and gave it a tentative sniff. He then backed away very quickly. I have no idea what was scary but, bless him, he then didn't want to walk past it. Sticking close by my side and with reassurance we quickly passed the tree and carried on with our walk. It was lovely to go on a different walk with new sights and smells for Rocky to investigate and to be out for a longer time from kennels. Rocky is still learning all about life but he is young and bright so his confidence and experience is growing all the time. He is ready for his forever home where he can settle and show what a wonderful companion dog he is.
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Rocky and I had another walk today. Rocky has a lot of energy and so is very excited when you enter his kennel and he does jump up. He is finding kennels very stressful and is a bit reactive as you walk him out of the block, howvwe once you are out he transforms. Rocky walks nicely on his lead once his initial energy has dissipated. We stopped briefly at the poets hut and had a quick fuss but then carried on for a nice walk and a dip in the stream which rocky adores, although he does get super excited by the experience. Rocky loves to sniff and spends most of his walk nose to the ground taking it all in. His wariness of men appears to be lessening as he was very easy to refocus today with a piece of sausage. He didn’t seem anxious at all as the man passed. Rocky has had a very bad start in life and will take time to fully unwind in a home but he is just the happiest dog and so deserves a sofa to call his own and whoever adopts will not regret taking this intelligent loving lad home as he is a star.
9E39B5B4-1977-49FE-BA3D-082BC607C946.jpeg
nada.c

Re: Rocky RottiexShep DofB 16.10.16 Guildford Kenns

Post by nada.c »

Wow! Rocky is gorgeous! I’ve had the pleasure of walking Rocky twice this week. He greeted me happily in his kennel, some puppy mouthing in his excitement and keen to go out, but easy to harness.

Monday turned out to be a very warm day so we spent most of our time in the shade of the paddock where Rocky showed off his impressive fetch skills and his knowledge of commands (sit, paw, high 5, wait).

Wednesday was cooler so we took a longer walk by the river and through some woods. We passed men on 3 occasions, including a walker with his dog, and a jogger, who was keen to run past us on a narrow path until I asked him to wait for us to pass. Rocky seemed to pay none of them any attention. Rocky was more interested in the smells on our walk, investigating ‘strange’ sounds (a magpie 0002.gif]), and jumping into the river for a dip.

Rocky has the bouncy energy of a puppy who hasn’t fully experienced the big wide world, but he is soft, affectionate and keen to engage with his walker. What a beautiful boy love4.gif

D82C5EE8-6DE1-4DB0-B7D2-5BF6743BF94D.jpeg
1F5348D9-AA60-4557-9414-14B8D6ACA4EA.jpeg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Rocky and I had a lovely run today and he really enjoyed it. He is a bright boy and seems to pick things up really quickly. He was great when passing other dogs and people. He got a bit exited after a dip in the river, wanting to wizz about but was easy to calm down and looked so happy with himself. He is so gentle with treats, a lovely dog in every way.
5EBBD424-B39A-4A9C-8C20-498333974E6F.jpeg
0B311444-DFFA-48D0-B9CB-DFD92003E0ED.jpeg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Lovely time in the paddock with Rocky today. He loves playing ball and is very good at dropping it at your feet. We had a nice amble around the fields and he was perfectly behaved. love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”