Teddy (Rocky) Rottie x Shep DofB 16.10.16 Sheerness Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Teddy (Rocky) Rottie x Shep DofB 16.10.16 Sheerness Kent

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Rocky34.jpg
Rocky's Story: Rocky came from a neglected background: He lived with an alcoholic and then was taken in by his last family at the age of five months. Rocky was excellent with the family's young children, but bit a running man whilst 'guarding' them. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place, saving his life. Rocky is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Rocky was now in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

Rocky has a few fear issues that are still present if he smells alcohol on men, or if there are quick threatening movements from men Rocky does not know. With the help of our Volunteers, Rocky is maturing and working his way through these issues. Rocky lived with small children (five and seven) and regularly visiting toddlers. Rocky bit a man who passed him whilst running down a stairwell past 'Rocky's' children. Rocky was booked in to be put to sleep for this protective behaviour, but we saved him. We are looking for a quiet, stable home for Rocky.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.

Rocky45.jpg
Rocky's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
We were asked to save Rocky who was booked in to be put to sleep on the 5th July. Instead his owner brought him into our care for homing
Elliesmum

Re: Rocky RottiexShep DofB 2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elliesmum »

I met this very lovely, young dog as he arrived yesterday. His family were very upset to part with him and it was quite sad, but a sensible owner doing the right thing and Rocky has clearly been loved and well looked after. Rocky met us all well in the car park with no problems. Rocky will be adored within the Rescue and I look forward to seeing him again.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Post by anne »

What a fantastic, super cool, dude. Saw Rocky in his kennel this morning and fell in love. Lynne popped a harness on him while he was mooching around in the paddock and then with leads clipped on and no fuss at all so far from Rocky, just friendly vibes, off we went for a walk around the shady woods. Rocky just ambled along with a loose lead, looking for a bit of reassurance as to where to go along the paths. Despite being a young dog he is beautifully behaved and an easy companion to walk with. Yes, there are nerves and a bit of weariness from his background but with a calm and gentle manner he responds only with friendliness. love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
DSCF4951.jpgrocky.jpg
DSCF4953.jpgrocky.jpg
DSCF4954.jpgrocky.jpg
DSCF4957.jpgrocky.jpg
DSCF4959.jpgrocky.jpg
DSCF4960.jpgrocky.jpg
DSCF4961.jpgrocky.jpg
DSCF4968.jpgrocky.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Just a short video to show how chilled and gentle Rocky is on his walk.
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Rocky. Wow what a lovely boy. It’s hard to believe his horrible past has still allowed his gentle soul to survive. He is so trusting and has pretty good manners really. He sits very well for treats, waits, heals etc on a walk although he does randomly like to jump up whilst walking so you have to be ready. A gentle no though gets an instant positive reaction and he’s back with you again ready to listen and take direction. We did see a man walking his dog and Rocky started to give a little growl (we had stepped out the way and were a safe distance) no sign of wanting to lunge or anything and again a soft no got him instantly looking at me and lots of praise. This boy really is going to be a dream. He would suit a fairly active lifestyle as he has bundles of energy and is very intelligent. FYI he also loves the water and got extremely excited in the stream jumping and splashing around. At that point he did get lead grabby although yet again a quick no and he was yet again focused and clam again. I just can’t praise this new boy enough and can’t wait to walk hi again soon 😍😍😍
Sarahk

Re: Rocky RottiexShep DofB 16.10.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Have to agree with everyone, Rocky is quite the boy love4.gif :cool.gif:

Very good doggy model too :D
DSC06086.JPG
DSC06089.JPG
DSC06102.JPG
Super handsome xxx
DSC06079.JPG
DSC06080.JPG
DSC06083.JPG
DSC06088.JPG
DSC06090.JPG
DSC06094.JPG
DSC06095.JPG
DSC06105.JPG
good boy - giving paw :D
DSC06096.JPG
DSC06100.JPG
DSC06078.JPG
DSC06092.JPG
DSC06103.JPG
:welcome.gif: may your stay be a short one Rocky xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

Another lovely walk with Rocky this morning. He just ambled along happily. He is an easy companion considering he is an adolescent and quite a tall boy. He seems to have the best traits from both breeds, the soft friendly nature of a Rottie and the athleticism and intelligence of a shepherd. He did however show me his puppy playful side when we visited the stream. He leapt about with joy. He enjoyed the stream so much that on the way back he kept doing these joyful, happy little leaps.
Here is a very short video which gives a flavour of his puppy playfulness in the stream.
DSCF5034.jpgrocky.jpg
DSCF5039.jpgrocky.jpg
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

My first time of walking Rocky today and what an absolute pleasure it was. He is a dream boy to walk, so well behaved with no pulling. His manners are impeccable, an immediate sit for sausages without being asked and he took them really gently. As it was so hot today we kept to the shade of the woods wherever possible. Rocky was trotting along quite happily enjoying the new smells. We didn't see any squirrels but he didn't react at all to the birds hopping about in the undergrowth. Rocky was happy to have a fuss made of him in the Poets Hut but he wouldn't jump up on the sofa at all. There were a few men on site today which we gave a wide berth to but Rocky didn't become unsettled in anyway. I gave him lots of reassurance and he was happy to walk by without becoming unduly concerned. Super boy this. Love him love4.gif xx
20180722_124751.jpg

Mr Handsome
20180722_124755.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

I took Rocky out today and he was even more laid back and calm than ever. He is a dream to walk, keeping close to my side with a loose lead. It was so hot a visit to the stream was a must. Last time I took him to the stream he got a little excited and bouncy but today he was completely chilled, just enjoying a little paddle. He is such a fabulous boy and we need to get him homed as he is still young and learning all the time.
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

It was pouring with rain today but that didn't stop Rocky from enjoying his walk. He is a dream to walk, so responsive and busy traffic doesn't phase him. Rocky enjoyed having a sniff around but in the main was happy to stay close to my side. We took shelter in the Poets Hut for a while. This week I managed to get Rocky up on the sofa. He really enjoyed looking out of the window. A real gent of a dog with a lovely calm energy despite being so young. Rocky has so much to offer. Love him love4.gif xx
20180729_102912.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”