Teddy (Rocky) Rottie x Shep DofB 16.10.16 Sheerness Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
FranB

Re: Rocky Rottie x Shep DofB 16.10.16 Guildford Kenns

Post by FranB »

Rocky and I enjoyed a lovely run today, he was energetic but so easy to manage and, as others have said, is such a responsive dog. Once he settled, he ran at a nice steady pace and really enjoyed himself. He was such a good boy going up and down the steps over the railway line, and walked straight past a deer about 10 metres away without a fuss. As we were going out of the gate, we met a delivery driver and Rocky met him perfectly and didn’t respond or jump up. Considering he has only just turned two, I think he has such a lot of doggie skills and attributes. love4.gif and of course he is pretty gorgeous.
EC562973-0802-489D-8135-41C0F085E7CD.jpeg
4D5C5355-134D-4333-AF2E-EC2D8E31DC95.jpeg
72226614-3C8E-4FF8-98C7-4BED7143B5DB.jpeg
94BF5BB1-6E4F-4E39-B38C-794F0B2CB571.jpeg
94B1D8A9-5100-42B1-A0ED-A77BA135463C.jpeg
TanyaH25

Post by TanyaH25 »

Today was my first time walking Rocky and I was a bit nervous that he might be very strong or excitable but I was so wrong, he was absolutely delightful to walk! He was a bit excited when leaving the kennels but as soon as we were out, he was so calm and easy on the lead. He spent most of the walk with his head down sniffing away and did a few joyous puppy-like bounces that were adorable! We passed a fisherman and gave him a wide berth but Rocky barely noticed him, much more interested in the treat that was promised once we passed... although he did seem to think he deserved more than one! 0002.gif] After a dip in the canal he did get a bit excited and grabbed his lead but straight away let go and sat down when I asked him to sit. He is lovely to walk, very responsive, eager to please and eager to have his back scratched! love4.gif
rocky_opt.jpg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Rocky was great today, met a spaniel and two jack Russell’s without any fuss at all and we had a lovely walk and run. He is a lovely dog to spend time with, a total pleasure and considering he’s quite a big boy, is surprisingly easy to manage.
64ACC52B-E2B4-4F40-AA11-17168747F45D.jpeg
7153D649-9280-4CE2-9E68-C65C05830D54.jpeg
3A2488E1-99C1-482D-A60B-DC9BD4A5E66E.jpeg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Lovely walk/ run with Rocky this afternoon. I can’t believe he is still waiting for his home because he is so lovely. We passed a few people and dogs on our walk and he was very good. He showed interest in the dogs but was easy to manage and I think he really wanted to play with them. He was calm and didn’t pull at all.
2A86CAA7-BBAE-49E7-A5D0-6396F270D1D9.jpeg
FAD537DB-8431-495B-AEAA-854D5E63020E.jpeg
56F2A140-BF53-45D7-8A09-18ED4BAEDF06.jpeg
AA4ABEDF-C365-49F4-A6C2-A08A496BED63.jpeg
ektaylor

Post by ektaylor »

Rocky is such a beautiful, wonderful rottie x. I love walking him and had a really nice gently walk with him after what felt like quite a manic morning!

He will walk on a slack lead next to your left hand side and doesn't pull (unless squirrels, cats, sheep and horses - this is all out of interest rather than barking at them!)

Rocky used to be fairly reactive to other dogs, but has got so much better recently. He has a great sit so I use this to my advantage with the help of a gravy bone. I make him sit, "Watch me" using the treat to grab his attention and 9/10 he'll not even look at the other dog passing. This is training that will have to continue in his new home.

I hope he can find his forever home soon as I think he would flourish away from the stress of the kennels.

50494687_362889864525593_3870593324217794560_n_opt.jpg
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Rocky is everything Evie says. Gorgeous boy through and through. I look forward to my weekly walks with Rocky.

He needs building up his skills around other dogs in a safe way, but he’s keen learner. So we’ve been taking him out with other dogs. Last Sunday we walked with another Rocky (mastiff pup). While he was excited at the start of the walk, he settled in nicely walking with Rocky nearby.

I love this boy ❤️
768EAC12-2186-4E2E-82AD-B3802FA6FB5D.jpeg
BEB81955-84D4-4D4A-94BA-DC8115E019B0.jpeg
7532DEDE-A35F-4EEB-BEBF-A6393D60F7BF.jpeg
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

The super handsome Rocky showed how patient he is when waiting for treats from walker Tamsin today...

Tamsin

Post by Tamsin »

Rocky was my last walk of the day today and he was lovely as always. He’s only a young boy, but he’s learnt so much. When you go into his kennel he is really pleased to see you and presses into you for cuddles and fuss, but doesn’t go bananas or leap up at you.
On his walk he loves to sniff but is happy with whatever speed you want to walk at. He doesn’t pull. He sometimes does a silly dance when he gets excited, but he soon stops, sits and has a treat.
He is loving, incredibly handsome, clever and totally wasted in kennels!
Hurry up Rockys forever home 🤞🤞
ektaylor

Post by ektaylor »

Rocky continues to impress me more and more each time I take him out. He walked beautifully today with other RR doggo Sundance. He stopped and waited for him to catch up at points, and Sundance was always greeted with a wagging tail from Rocky. Rocky is unbelievably affectionate...again we often stop for a quick cuddle and kiss before walking on.

As I have said in previous posts, his dog reactivity stills need management, but having seen the difference from when he first arrived at Guildford to now, he has made such positive steps.

This boysie definitely needs a home. Don't let the Rottie part of him deceive you because he isn't as chunky as a typical Rottie and is in fact quite slight.

Fingers crossed this gorgeous doggo can find a home soon.
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Rocky was walked by Jo today whilst I walked Mikey. When Rocky came out of the kennels we had two boys giving it shouty barks at each other, but it was all huff as their tails were wagging and after a minute it had stopped. After crossing the road we soon worked out who was best leading ..... Mikey! Rocky was effectively smiling on his walk at his SR friend and Jo. We went on a reasonable walk over towards Compton and it was like these two we very intune with one another. Every now and then Rocky tried to get a bit in front, but Mikey made sure his nose stayed ahead.

We had girls on DE and also few dogs pass us, at all times we moved to side and the boys where very good. Rocky has really settled into his fur with all love by the RR walkers above and it was so nice to see him so relaxed and enjoying himself. angel13.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”