In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Bert Jack Russell Terrier DofB ?2012 - July 23

Post by xxlynne »

Bert8.JPG
Bert (3).jpg
Bert's Story:
Current Status: Homed
Bert was found stray/abandoned, and unclaimed within a Welsh council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. He is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Bert is an ex-working terrier who was found in a terrible state. He so deserves a retirement home with a loving family. Bert was in boarding kennels near Broxbourne awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance, and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Bert6.JPG
Bert7.JPG
Bert2.JPG
Bert's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
On Monday I have a dog coming down from Niall, his transporter is then obviously heading back your way any chance he could bring Bert? The ex baiting dog? Bert is lovely and really is up your street. Mikey xx
Bert.jpg
Charlie

Re: Bert Jack Russell terrier DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by Charlie »

Had the pleasure of meeting Bert this afternoon :welcome.gif:
P1110695 (480x640).jpg
Lovely boy love4.gif
heleny

Re: Bert Jack Russell terrier DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

:thanks.gif: 0093.gif Lovely photo of this gorgeous little boy - thank you Charlie. To say I was smitten by Bert is, I suppose, a bit of an understatement. He is just so lovely. I went to meet him in his outside pen and he gave me a lovely greeting - leads quickly on and we set off. Before we left the kennel grounds he had found a ball - my goodness, how Bert loves playing with a ball! I managed to distract him and we set off on quite a brisk walk as I felt Bert needed to stretch his legs. He had ball time once we had returned to the kennels. He is such an endearing little chap - that coat of lovely hair that looks so wiry is, in fact, really soft - such a pleasure to run your hands through - something which Bert enjoyed. I don't think this little man will be with us very long. :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Sarahk

Re: Bert Jack Russell Terrier DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

A pleasure to meet Bert on Friday, he's quite the character thumbs.gif
DSC05663.JPG
DSC05665.JPG
DSC05667.JPG
love4.gif
DSC05672.JPG
DSC05657.JPG
DSC05659.JPG
DSC05662.JPG
DSC05669.JPG
DSC05671.JPG
DSC05670.JPG
DSC05676.JPG
DSC05677.JPG
DSC05680.JPG
DSC05681.JPG
DSC05683.JPG
Love a bit of terrier cheek and cuteness xxx
DSC05685.JPG
DSC05690.JPG
DSC05689.JPG
Lovely little guy who deserves his comfortable retirement xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

This was the first time I walked Bert, what a sweet little dog. He took his ball with him, and was happy playing in the woods with his ball in the leaves. His fur is so soft and he likes a good ear scratch! He is not interested in other dogs, he just ignores them. This dear little dog, so deserves a sofa to call his own and would make a wonderful companion angel13.gif]
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I took Bert out for a walk, he found so many balls on the way, he didn't know which one to pick up first! We had a little stroll through the woods, following Leeanne and Misty. He was not interested in Misty only carrying his ball. Bert is a such a dear little dog, and a pleasure to be with. He needs his retirement home, where he can relax and play to his hearts content. Let's hope this happens soon
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Now then, Bert's a breath of fresh air. This wonderful dog was so pleased to get out he nearly fell over due to excessive tail wag. We got to the truck were he had hugs and was allowed to settle a bit before our walk. Whilst in the truck he spotted a ball on the grass and calmly waited until he exited the truck before skillfully guiding me to his goal. The ball was now something to hold and play with during our walk.
He to had a nice shady walk and enjoyed a dip in the stream. Bert met other dogs on his walk and behaved well.
I can see that with this dog (on cooler days) much adventure could be had with Bert as he has that spark about him.
I look forward to our next adventure.
20180708_110431.jpg
Attachments
20180708_110815.jpg
20180708_110528.jpg
Judy

Re: Bert Jack Russell Terrier DofB ?2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Judy »

I had the pleasure of taking Bert out for the first time this afternoon. As we were exiting the kennels it seemed as though Bert was looking around for something and then he spotted a ball which he soon picked up and carried it on our walk. Although on our way back Bert decided to chew the ball and left the remains behind. Bert is a lovely boy and as mentioned by another walker, I am sure he will not be with us for long. love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

I took the gorgeous Bert out for a walk this morning. What a fantastic chap he is - along with his cheeky face and lovely soft fur he has the most amenable character and is so very good natured. He was overjoyed to be walking and set out at a good pace. He enjoys a little sniff and becomes quite excited at the sight of squirrels - excellent company for a Tuesday morning. I am sure he won't be with us for long. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
dyersantos

Post by dyersantos »

I spent a lovely time with Bert today. He thoroughly enjoyed his walk with lots of cuddles in the poets hut. He really enjoyed being fussed over, and being stroked. His fur is so soft as is our Bert.

From there we spent time playing in the paddock. Goodness me, does he love his tennis ball. He snuck one out of the paddock and happily carried it back to the kennels where he settled after his afternoon antics.

Thank you Bertie for spending time with me today, you are a wonderful example of a Terrier and your time will come soon.. You are too much of a catch to spend any more time in kennels.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”