Lola Dogue de Bordeaux x DofB 11.05.17 Bexhill on Sea

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Lola Dogue de Bordeaux x DofB 11.05.17 Bexhill on Sea

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: HOMED
Lola54.jpg
Lola's Story : Family bought via an advert and then after living with their 2 cats and family, sleeping on the bed etc..after an incident when a puppy ran over and a grab but no vet bill, then her nerves showing towards a neighbour (didn't bite but thought as 'going to) family lost all faith in her: Rescue Remedies took her in as an emergency & offered a Rescue place saving her life. Lola is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Lola was in boarding kennels near Gatwick & Guildford

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Lola's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Lola53.jpg
Lola55.jpg
Lola56.jpg
Lola's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Wednesday 2.05.18: Urgent call from Lola's then family They needed her to go by Friday

Somehow we found her a place getting her spayed on Friday on entry
xxlynne

Re: Lola Dogue de Bordeaux DofB 11.05.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Lola returned from the vets on Friday having been spayed and 1srt vaccination. She was subdued and we put it down to new circumstance etc. I felt to put her in my bedroom to support her through her post spay recovery. All seemed fine until at 8.45 I went in there to see a smudge of fresh blood where she had been lying. I went over to her and found another smudge of blood. I was so relieved I hadnt put her in the kennels. I vowed to keep my other dogs in the lounge over night and so I could keep a close eye. I went to get white towels as we use them post spay so we can see if and what blood is seeping. On return and encouraging her step on to the towels I found
Lolablood.JPG
I text my vet immediately and found myself walking a reluctant Lola through to the van owith a towel wrapped around her middle: Only to find a crate in the back seat and trying to support her and remove a very stubbon crate then lifting her carefully and drove... like the wind.

Mark put a drip up and felt the spay and said the truth is I did the spay so I trust the operation we just have to get the blood to begin to clot Ill open her up if I need. I'll visit middle of the night and put Debbie the vet nurse on alert. His last words to me was 'pray for her' Fortunately she ceased bleeding and she came home to my bed yesterday. A little bit of seepage but all is looking good.

She opent the evening in the paddock and then in my lounge/ office and she is very loving. Seems to have led a sheltered life, as she carries apprehension in her 'modus operandi' ...

Lola is very beautiful and needs to learn about life. She celebrates her birthday this week...lets hope she finds a devoted family soon
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Lola, so pleased you are recovering, bless you baby you gave us a scare love4.gif

Lola is very beautiful - these pics were taken on Friday when she was still wobbly and sleepy from her first vet visit for her spay ...
DSC03505.JPG
in the dappled shade <3
in the dappled shade <3
DSC03495.JPG
DSC03497.JPG
DSC03498.JPG
DSC03501.JPG
DSC03504.JPG
Heart fill with love.gif] stay strong beautiful xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I met this very lovely girl today. She is a bit timid of everything still, but friendly and gentle. She enjoyed a potter about with a new walker and seemed to relax a bit. Nice dog.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Lola and I spend our late evenings together. This is Lola last night playing with a ball

Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Wow Lola is beautiful. Glad she’s ok now x
Bramleyapples

Re: Lola Dogue de Bordeaux DofB 11.05.17 Earlswood Temp Foster

Post by Bramleyapples »

Lola stayed with me for three nights, four days and was wonderful to have around. She is very puppy like and playful with her toys, but loves a good snooze too. She is clearly very comfortable with the routines of a home - she lay on her bed and slept when people were eating, and slept through the night straight away too! She was fine being left when I went to work, and when I asked someone to call in and check on her, she came down to say hello and then went back up to my room where I had left her with her toys! She became more and more loving as we got to know each other better, she loves a cuddle but isn't necessarily all over you. She was very well behaved on her walks, walking past people of all ages, cyclists and other dogs with barely a glance. She is a little strong on the lead to begin with, but after the first five minutes she settles and walks beautifully.
Lola scrunchy face.jpg
She still has some puppyish tendencies, like mouthing/nipping when she is over excited but this was easily manageable by giving her space and reassurance, and keeping everyone calm. She showed some slight nerves when new people came into the house on a couple of occasions, but again was easy to distract with calmness, praise and reassurance. She is very very responsive to positive words and cuddles, and will sit and do shake for a tummy scratch. Just saying her name is enough to get her attention if she is doing something she shouldn't be. Here are some photos of the gorgeous Lola!!
The attachment Lola scrunchy face.jpg is no longer available
Goodgirl17

Post by Goodgirl17 »

I have never walked a big dog like this but Lola was a sweetheart. She was happy to be walked and when we met other dogs we gave them some room but she was happy to sit and wait. Beautiful lady, a forever home is there, I just know it.
April111

Post by April111 »

Took Lola in our paddock on Monday. She is small for the breed and beautiful. As she is young she has lots of energy and loved having the chance to zoom around the paddock, she did get a little over excited and jumped up but no malice there. She’s a lovely girl and ideal for an active home.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I walked lovely Lola on Wednesday and she is lovely, her photos don’t do her justice. She is much smaller than I expected, and was very easy to harness. We walked with Geoff and Marlee and she was very happy to have Marlee’s company, we had a very nice nose to nose greeting and some lovely side by side walking, she pulled a little on the lead to begin with but soon settled into a lovely relaxed walk. We paused for lots of nice sniffs and when she found a nice stretch of long grass she went flat on her tummy and stretched out enjoying the feel of the cool grass on her belly. She is a delightful dog.

Lola.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”