Jake (Angus) SR DofB 03.07.15 Doncaster S Yorks

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Jake (Angus) SR DofB 03.07.15 Doncaster S Yorks

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Angus1.jpg
Angus's Story : Angus was handed in to Rescue Remedies by his family as they now had 4 young children and no longer had time for him. Angus has a stiff knee from a RTA 2 years ago; he copes very well.: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Angus is neutered; chipped and vaccinations in progress. Angus is now in boarding kennels awaiting his new family.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Angus's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Angus6.jpg
Angus4.jpg
Angus's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. March: Angus's owner called asking if we could offer Angus a Rescue place as he no longer was receiving the time he deserves since htheir 4 th child was born.
Angus.jpg
Angus3.jpg
Angus went on our waiting list and was opffered a place to come in on 27.03.18
xxlynne

Re: Angus SR DofB 03.07.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Angus came into our Rescue yesterday. He is very underweight; skin and bone and has a disability with his stiff left hind leg which he copes with very well and is able to sit, jump down and walk well.

We took him into our orthopeadic vet Ian who Xrayd his leg which apparently caused by a RTAccident. The top of his femur had been removed and his knee has fused. There is a plate in the femur with a screw through. Ian said there would be no advantage in performing surgery at this stage: Angus is well compensated and not in pain. Ian vaccinated him and we read his chip. Ian said he is severely emaciated and malnourished but he was confident Angus will soon gain weight and his over health and strength will improve with good quality.

Angus had a lovely play with an English Bull dog puppy. He meets dogs really well as he does people. Angus is an absolute GEM
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

With good food and love this boy should blossom. .....look forward to seeing pics :goodjob.gif:
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I cried when i saw Angus this morning. He is just the most lovely dog and I couldn't believe how someone could let a dog get in this state. "Hadnt got time for him" doesn't mean don't feed your dog. Absolutely no excuse for this. I had better not say anymore, but he broke my heart when I saw him.
I sat and cuddled Angus and I hope that he recovers well and we can watch him bloom. He is a lovely boy and seems a sweetheart.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
KateM17

Post by KateM17 »

I so agree with you Teresa.....I met Angus very briefly whilst Terry was walking him and spent a little time with him in the paddock also. A total sweetheart and so gentle! If I could foster I would be taking him home, he is all skin and bones but give him a couple of weeks with love and support, he will flourish and be a totally different dog, ready for his forever sofa in a home that will treat him like family, which he so deserves. He will blossom just like all the other dogs that through no fault of their own have found themselves in Rescue. Unbelievably sad that he has been subjected to such neglect. He will be a keeper for sure. X
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

We see it all in rescue, but nothing could have prepared me for the sorry state that poor Angus has found himself in through no fault of his own. I find it inexcusable that his owner could have treated him so badly. Shock and total disbelief all round this morning as the Sunday walkers met and greeted this special boy. You are in the right place now sweetheart and will never have to go hungry again. Everyone loves you and you will be well cared for and loved from now on. xx
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Surely his owner will face punishment smiley-sad010.gif
Onwards and upwards now sweet angus ...xxx
JoJoPrice

Post by JoJoPrice »

When I read what Lynne had said about him being under weight I was also thinking "Ok, so you didn't have time, but why would he then be underweight?" The photos are bad enough so I'm sure he looks worse in real life [cry.gif]

It won't take him long before he starts looking better in all your loving care xx
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

No words. All I can say is that he is in the right place and I thank god they contacted RR.
Lots of love , FOOD and care coming your way Angus sweetheart. I can’t contain my tears seeing this xx
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Another shocker, sorry to say this but what is wrong with these people who do this.
He will be loved and fed now, beautiful boy. x

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”