Nero Patterdale DofB 01.09.16 Stansted

Dogs that have found their forever home
YasminAA

Re: Nero Patterdale DofB 01.09.16 Guildford Kenns

Post by YasminAA »

The second day in a row of walking Nero. He was remarkably chilled when I entered his kennel (apart from jumping up at one point to greet his neighbour!) , and was happy to get harnessed and walking. Nero enjoyed his walk today; minimal pulling, but plenty of sniffing and investigating. No issues with other dogs or members of the public. He was lots of fun and loves rolling in the grass! A real delight, and as much as I am enjoying walking him, I hope someone reading this is able to offer him a home. No videos today as I had no battery, but I will get some more of him this week I hope.
Lucymayrush

Post by Lucymayrush »

:newhere.gif:

Love reading what he has been up to! Also just realised we have the same dob... love4.gif
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Nero is such a different dog away from the kennel, he is Patterdale, but with staffie cuddle about him. We started with trying to walk with Peaches (who decided she wasn't wanting to walk and rather just lay on the floor), Nero got concerned when Jo picked peaches up, so we followed. At the path he went from one sniff to the other and happily lead Peaches to the island. At the island Nero smelt out fox poo, cow pat and basically anything else ... .swim in the river seemed a good idea and worked wonders. Peaches then decided she didn't walk anymore, so we went our separate way and went over to the big fallen tree, this was brilliant - he loved seeking out, climbing and finding. He came back umpteen times even when on a slightly longer lead, for a chin scratch, then off again and then rest.
Nero 4.jpg
Nero comes alive out of the kennel is a dog that makes you smile, easy on the lead, a bit zig zaggy (all smells need to be investigated!) and an excellent finder - he found three different dog treats that other people had lost and new ball. Whoever is lucky to have this boy, needs to consider sent training - he would excel thumbs.gif
FranB

Post by FranB »

I had a nice walk with Nero today, he was full of beans and wanted to sniff everything but very easy and responsive really. We had a sit down and he enjoyed a good roll in the grass and sniffed out a few treats. When we got home I went to the car boot to get some more treats and he jumped straight in and was ready to go . :dog_running-186.gif:
E2DF9CE7-2909-47AB-BD51-AB75ACB53515.jpeg
877CC9F9-CBEA-4923-A06A-8C4EA5433512.jpeg
F2F64E12-5744-4185-B502-34403F6D42B5.jpeg
52BB96A4-98B9-4B5C-BC71-903F8D4D5D6B.jpeg
Broomstick

Post by Broomstick »

Such a handsome boy, and so adorable, no idea why we still have him. He had a wonderful friendly meet with Ivor through the fence and both boys had very waggy tails and gentle body language. I hope someone takes this gorgeous boy home soon he deserves some love in his life.
love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
pits

Post by pits »

A quick shot of Nero the other day
la1s.jpg
Lexi

Post by Lexi »

Some photos of lovely little Nero ❤️

B2AA52E2-9B74-47E0-9589-3B9DE707D78B.jpeg

313CF0C6-FBA6-4616-AC1A-98FAD27E030C.jpeg
pits

Post by pits »

Here's Nero today on his walk, full of life.
nerosmall.jpg
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Took the very handsome Nero out today for a good hour and a half .
He’s full of beans, very excited to get out of the kennel hype and follow Louie up the road with Nada.
Nero needs an experienced Patterdale family/person who is willing to spend time on his dog social skills .
He has all the basic skills though.
He pulled like a steam train on the way out but after about 20 mins he settles right down and as long as he’s in front of the dog he walking with he feels better about it .
He does need to learn some skills around other dogs which is why I say he needs an experienced, patient person. He listens really well and is a very intelligent boy. He learns quickly .
Instead of snatching treats out of my hand like the first time I gave him one , I said nicely 3 times and he gently took it out of my hand . Repetitive and positive guidance is all he needs.
He’s a superb patty so if you are willing to give him a chance to unpack and work with him you’ll be rewarded and loved . He does enjoy a belly rub too
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Took him out Sunday not today !!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”