Danny Staffie x DofB 2008 - 9th September 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
mandyandmike

Re: Danny Staffie x DofB 2008 Waterlooville

Post by mandyandmike »

Yes Kara,I have asked Amanda to pass on my email address.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

mandyandmike wrote: Sun 18 Jul 2021 12:14 Yes Kara,I have asked Amanda to pass on my email address.
Great thumbs.gif
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Just a quick update on Danny - he has a long term health issue. A couple of months ago he started to have a cough (non - productive) and clearing his throat then he started to have heavy breathing and panting so he went in for some scans and xrays. They managed to do them without sedating him at all - the vet said he was so well behaved and was a little star.
Unfortunately the outcome is not good. There is something suspicious in his lungs and also something in his heart is not quite normal - I cant remember the technical name for it. They cannot say for 100% sure but it is likely to be a tumor in his lungs.
Due to his age I will not be putting him through any surgery or major treatment.The vet said that chemo/radiography can be very invasive and not nice at all.
The main thing now is to keep him stable and happy for as long as possible. He has been put on some steroids to try to help his breathing.
He is ok but does pant quite a lot and even when resting/sleeping you can see his tummy working harder to breathe. He still enjoys a short walk and still has a good appetite and always wants to play with his toys (of course they are his life!) so I don`t think he is quite ready to go just yet but it is hard to watch him decline slowly and know that one day we will have to make that awful decision to let him go.
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

So sorry to hear this Mandy and Mike. Danny is such a star and we have enjoyed so many lovely walks with you. Isla sends her best pal Danny lots of hugs and licks and says please can we have a short walk soon or come and see you? (Personal email on its way!). I send much love to you all. xxxxxxxxxxxx Heart fill with love.gif]
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Sending love and strength to you all, Danny is a superstar, enjoy very precious moment xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

C'mon Danny, hang on a little longer. You are such a special boy, and very much loved, just as you deserve. love4.gif
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Sending lots of positive thoughts,🙏🏻
EmmaD

Post by EmmaD »

Oh no I’m so sad to hear this, here’s to keeping him as comfortable as possible for as long as you can, sending lots of love to you all xx
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Thank you all for your kind messages of support for Danny.
He has not had a good week bless him, he had to have a loose tooth out on Tuesday.
I was very worried about him having an anesthetic because of his breathing issues but he came through op ok. His vet was great - squeezed us in within a day and did a great job very quickly.
Thankfully all was ok and he is still with us. thumbs.gif
Feeling glum after his op
Feeling glum after his op
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Sending love bighug.gif Kiss of love.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”