Bailey (Bayley) Staffie DofB 2009 - 12th April 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Liv500

Re: Bailey (Bayley) Staffie DofB 2009 South London

Post by Liv500 »

Like a completely clutz I badly sprained my ankle in CrossFit- thought I’d broken it but thank god not.

So I’m now on crutches with three staffies and no garden thumbs.gif

Not the most practical

I am incredibly lucky to have very good local friends who are helping.

I hop them over to some local grass for morning wees and in the evening and the dog walker comes in the day.

However....... though Rhi and Tabs are confident that nothing bad is ever going to happen to them, Bailey is not.

He’s scared of crutches and won’t wee!!! [cry.gif]

I am so lucky I have friends who are swinging by early mornings and on their way back from work and just before bed to take him for a pee so we’re managing.

I’m going to spend some time later with sausages, Bailey and my crutches on the grass. Hopefully he can get over it as it’s only been two days and we’ve at least two weeks of this!!!!
0D283A19-3653-4774-9F95-A1DE5E27E306.jpeg
Liv500

Post by Liv500 »

Thought I would give an update on this funny little man.

Hes doing well. He is still settling. I think I notice because Rhianna and Tabitha are so 100% sure that the world revolves around them. Anything goes wrong in their lives and they have total confidence I will sort it out. They are not anxious or protective and seek comfort if they get a paw scratch or need carrying upstairs because of arthritis or whatever they have decided that they need at that moment.

Whereas Bailey isnt sure yet. He just seems uncertain about so many things. He is obviously a dog used to spending a lot of time alone - as while he likes to sit with us, he often will take himself to bed by himself in my room. I call him to come and join us - and he does for a bit, sometimes he stays and sometimes he needs his Bailey time.

His dog skills are still not great. But again its only on meeting. He settles. Its complete uncertainty - he loses his head. But if he goes for walks with dogs he can be their friends quite quickly - even though his initial reaction is pretty dramatic.

I think that I might look at doing a training class with him. Not because he needs training - he doesnt, hes the most obedient dog in the world (strange for me - Tabitha and Rhianna are obedient only if you are holding sausages :-)) But so he can truly bond with me - hes my good friend but he needs to understand that this is his last stop - he can relax. If only you could tell them.

However, he just needs time, he will get there in his own time. He has 10 years of baggage to unpack and I cant expect him to do all of that in 3 months. I just dont feel like he quite believes in me yet. I think hes happy - but hes not quite there yet.

Here are some pictures of him doing what he loves the most - playing with balls off lead when theres no one around :-)
Bailey 4.jpg
Bailey 3.jpg
Bailey 2.jpg
Bailey.jpg
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

He looks amazing Liv and his big big smile in the last picture. He has come such a long way he will get there, as you say, with Tab and Rhi to show him the ropes it will happen. Love to Bailey and to gorgeous Tab and hilarious Rhi and to you Liv for giving this boy just what he needed. xxxx
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

He looks so happy ....thank you Liv .....
My lurcher victor took over a year before he fully trusted us ...he likes his own space ...he also has problems with dogs outside home even though he lives with 4 other dogs whom he adores ....we went to training classes etc but after 9 yrs i have accepted him for who he is ...
Bailey has come so far with you in just 3 months ...keep us updated xxx Kiss of love.gif
Luella

Post by Luella »

Poor Bailey. We never know what thoughts go around in these dogs heads. I am sure though that with all the love he is getting he will in time jettison his baggage
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

That’s a really heart warming post Liv , Thankyou for letting us know . Bailey will be just fine
Liv500

Post by Liv500 »

Thank you all!

We had a big progress step this weekend. Dunphy's owner was away for the day, and so Dunphy needed babysitting.

I took my three over to Dunphys house to hang out and keep Dunphs company.

As Dunphy was being dropped off at 3pm and it was very warm at the weekend I didnt dare walk them together first as Rhianna is so bad in the heat these days.

So we just went in and sat in the garden with no settling period as it was impossible.

Look at this.
bailey at dunphys.jpg
Three months ago Bailey was not ok with Dunphy. I mean quite dramatically not ok.

Now they can have play dates in each others homes.

Well done Bailey (and thanks Dunphy for forgiving him for all the times he tried to eat you while he decided whether you were safe Kiss of love.gif )
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Well done Bailey bravo1.gif wheyhey.gif and well being done liv and girls for giving him such a perfect home lol.gif Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif]
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Great photo and yes well done Bailey and you Liv. thumbs.gif :nicethread.gif:
Liv500

Post by Liv500 »

5310F5FA-A896-4EEF-8536-9170AA2A446D.jpeg
I just have to share this
Went for a walk on Wimbledon common tonight - no one around
Love my crew of reprobates 😂

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”