Lenny Staffie DofB ?2013 Epsom

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Lenny Staffie DofB ?2013 Epsom

Post by xxlynne » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:11 pm

Current Status: Homed
Lenny28.JPG
Lenny's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Will be neutered; chipped and vaccinations in progress. Lenny was found stray in South Wales and came into our Rescue on the 10th July 17

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Lenny's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Lenny90.JPG
Lenny96.JPG
Lenny's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust.
Lenny.jpg
12.7.17 003.JPG
Lenny.JPG

Chapmania

Re: Lenny Staffie DofB TBAss Gatwick kenns

Post by Chapmania » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:54 pm

:welcome.gif: to the family, Lenny :smiley-gen132.gif: xx

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:17 pm

Enter the magnificent 3... Dodger, Lenny & Billy ......... or was that Becca, Beth & Eddie all proud Staffie owners having a walk today with our trio

15.07.17 023.JPG
Enter Barry
15.07.17 018.JPG
Becca with Lenny & Dodger
15.07.17 019.JPG
15.07.17 020.JPG
15.07.17 021.JPG

Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:19 pm

Oh Dear! Time to sell the husband and cats again, I'm in love with Lenny. He was a little down when I first got to his kennel so it took quite a few cuddles before he was happy to go walking with me (it's a hard job but someone has to do it!) He is such a gentle boy and once we were out we headed for the shade of the trees for a stroll. You hardly know he is on the lead, such a cute boy and any word of encouragement results in a wag of his tail and the sweetest look. I was very reluctant to leave him so we had a prolonged sit outside in the shade of the willow tree and he spent the time sat securely on my lap giving me the occasional kiss and just enjoying having his ears and tummy rubbed. I've promised him that I'll walk him again tomorrow - I foresee a pub lunch might be necessary love4.gif

anne

Post by anne » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:57 pm

Lenny had another very sociable walk this morning with Sandy and Glynis. What an incredibly quiet and relaxed walk we all had. It was so lovely.
DSCF9432.jpgGLS.jpg
DSCF9434.jpgGLS.jpg
DSCF9436.jpgGLS.jpg

Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:26 pm

Lenny was very happy to take his ladies for a walk this morning (humans and doggy kind alike). He led from the front, stopping every so often to make sure the others were keeping pace and OK behind. We bumped into Debbie and the gorgeous Rosie while we were out and he greeted Rosie beautifully nose to nose. Back at the kennels he and I stopped for cuddles and I tried to take some photos but it's not easy when he's sat on your lap! An absolute gentleman, no pulling on the lead, just a pleasure to be with. love4.gif
IMG_0608.JPG
IMG_0605.JPG

Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Lenny had a day out with me today to celebrate my Dad's birthday. He was the perfect travelling companion. I started out with him in the dog crate in the back of my car but he made a few whines of complaint so we stopped and tried the front seat. That was never going to work 'cos he's a cuddle monkey and wouldn't leave my lap. Back to the crate it was and this time he settled without a murmur - perfect boy!
At Mum & Dad's he began a charm offensive with them, their neighbours and everyone else we met. He met a large boxer and his labrador friend really well, nose to nose, and when we were accosted by a couple of very enthusiastic english setters he just looked bemused and was happy to move away while their owner struggled to control them - no reaction at all to their not so friendly growls - good boy Lenny!
Lenny stops and stares with a waggy tail when he sees or hears children so it's possible he used to have some younger playmates in his life, he certainly seems to view them in a positive light. The same can't be said for squirrels and possibly cats. The squirrel is definitely not his favourite animal and he was very focussed on the one cat we saw.
He was a very well behaved boy in the pub, sat between my legs for a lot of the time, did ask for a bit of my chicken burger but he's very polite and gentle with it so no problems. He's so quiet that if it wasn't for his little head appearing now and again to ask for cuddles you'd hardly know he was there.
Lenny would love to fill that dog shaped hole on your sofa, I'll do my best to keep him occupied with days out but please forever family, fill that application in soon :crossfingers.gif:
IMG_0620.JPG
Saying Happy Birthday to my Dad
IMG_0616.JPG
Mum needed a face wash x
IMG_0623.JPG
Come on, I'm gorgeous xxx

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:05 pm

Lovely Lenny - boy does he love a cuddly snuggle ! :smiley-gen132.gif: Kiss of love.gif
DSC06928.JPG
DSC06916.JPG
DSC06890.JPG
DSC06921.JPG
DSC06904.JPG
DSC06887.JPG
DSC06896.JPG
DSC06901.JPG
DSC06909.JPG
DSC06910.JPG
DSC06916.JPG
Real sweetheart who is winning everyones hearts xxx
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:18 pm

Met Lenny for the first time today and took him for a lovely walk in the woods, he was such a good boy......we stopped for cuddles several times.he's a darling and was very easy going as various dogs walked by as we were sat on the grass for a bit as I gave him a fuss, he thrives on affection Heart fill with love.gif]

xxlynne

Re: Lenny Staffie DofB 2013 Epsom

Post by xxlynne » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:48 pm

Lenny has been quite poorly this week with a chesty cold so has been sleeping in my spare bedroom snuggled up like a bug in a rug. Yesterday his appetite returned and he spend an hour pottering in the big paddock. Today I called Lenny in from the large paddock and he came running over...I thought GOOD! Lets go Lenny... sweet little Lenny sat as my passenger with Roxie & Duchess in the back and we sped off on an adventure. Enjoying the country lanes we pit stopped into Guildford and soon we were leaving with Chance behind us...on to Epsom.

Peter and Delma were eager to meet my 2 passengers and were tearful to meet Chance as he is the spitting image of Nevin their sweet Staffie boy they have recently lost. Kira thought Chance was Nevin and they played and played ...but meanwhile our little heart-worm snuggled himself into their embrace and after swinging back and forwards it was such a close contest, Lenny pipped in to the winning laps.
LennyHomed.jpg