Flint JRT DofB 2013 - 26th February 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
neilmarion1

Re: Flint JRT DofB 2013 Ottershaw Surrey

Post by neilmarion1 »

This is just a quick message to let you all know that I will be visiting Horley next week while Mum and Dad are in Paris. I arrive on Tuesday and go home on Friday. I know how pleased you will be to see me.
That'll be nice.
By the way, do you remember my telling you about the small dog that looks like a tan cow pat? I saw it this morning and it's grown legs !
neilmarion1

Post by neilmarion1 »

Since I last updated my blog, Mum and Dad and Auntie Liz have been to Paris and I have spent a few days with my old friends at Horley. I quite enjoyed my holiday but it was really good going home again.
Auntie Liz went back to Alderney on the Saturday, so now it's just me and Mum and Dad, which I like.
We are all going to the Anchor Inn near Alton tomorrow for a couple of nights for Mum's birthday. Mum says while we're there we might visit the house where Jane Austen lived.
She was a famous author, apparently. A bit like me, then. I understand that she has been dead for a long time, which is a pity. I could have given her some tips.
I'll tell you all about it when we get back.
Polpat

Post by Polpat »

Ha Ha Flint....what a wag you are! We will LOVE to hear all about your adventures when you return. You are such a clever lad thumbs.gif
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Oh I agree Polpat. I absolutely LOVE Flint's blogs he is the funniest and his blogs I reckon are the best we have on our rehomed section! xxx
Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion »

rps20181203_144844.jpg
It's just over a week since I got back from our holiday at the Anchor Inn in a place called Lower Froyle. It was very comfortable and I really enjoyed staying there. When we arrived there was a bed ready for me and it had lots of lovely biscuits in it. That's me in the bed. The biscuits are in me! In the evenings, I was allowed to sit on the settle between Mum and Dad while they had their meal. I was very good and didn't try to help them.
We went for some long walks which took us past a place called Isington Mill, which used to belong to someone called Field Marshal Montgomery - he was apparently a famous soldier who won lots of battles and saved us from being taken over by the Germans. Our walk took us through a village called Bentley where we passed a place called Pax Hill. It's a nursing home now but used to belong to another famous person called Baden Powell. He was a soldier too and founded the Scouts. They are meant to do lots of good deeds and help people -just like me really.
We called in at Jane Austen's house on the way to the Anchor. I wasn't allowed in the house even though I am a fellow author but I was allowed in the pub opposite. It was really nice. I expect Jane went there when she got tired and needed a break from all that writing.
Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion »

I'll be having a quiet Christmas at home, chasing squirrels and parakeets - they steal the peanuts and seeds meant for the little birds - and barking at dogs on television.
A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my fans around the world.
I will be back to report on more adventures in 2019.
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Merry Christmas to you flint and to your family. Look forward to your adventure blogs in the new year. Xxxx.
Polpat

Post by Polpat »

Very Happy Christmas Flint and we will look forward to more of your exploits next year! xx
Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion »

Happy 2019 everybody. It's been a quiet start to my year but last week I went with Mum and Dad to a place called Polesden Lacy. I went for a nice walk in the grounds with Dad while Mum went on a tour of the house. Then we had a light lunch. There were 3 other dogs at the next table. I was very good and ignored them.
On Wednesday I went to the White Hart for lunch with some old friends of Mum and Dad. Apparently, they used to go riding together. One of them was Auntie Myra. I didn't bite her. The other two are both called Sue. Everyone was nice to me. I like going to the White Hart with Mum and Dad's friends.
I have invented a super game. When I come down for breakfast in the morning, I just have a little then go out to do my duty. Then I sit with Dad on the settee until Mum comes down. Then I rush around at tremendous speed between Mum and my breakfast bowl, grabbing a mouthful of food on each lap. It's great fun, even if Mum sometimes complains that I make a mess on the carpet with dropped biscuits. It really sets me up for the walk to the village for the paper.
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Oh how did I miss the very talented Flint's blog!! A good 2019 to you too Flint. You are just adoring your life it is obvious and it is obvious that Mum and Dad adore you. xx All that running around in the morning must be to show Mum and Dad you are so happy. I look forward to your blogs Flint they always make me laugh !! xx love4.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”