Flint JRT DofB 2013 - 26th February 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Flint JRT DofB 2013 - 26th February 2022

Post by xxlynne »

Flint84.JPG
26th Febraury 22 Neil and Marion gifted Flint Peace
Flint.jpg
Current Status: Homed Flint's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a Welsh council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Flint is now neutered. We will get him vaccinated, chipped and a dental if necessary. Flint was in Chessington & Gatwick Kennels.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Flint's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Flint85.JPG
Flint.jpg
Flint86.JPG
Flint's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 08.03.17: Hi Lynne, Have some dogs looking for space if you have any....

Flint - approx. 4 year old JRT, stray, no chip or history. Can be a little timid but if you sit on kennel floor soon comes over onto your lap.
Appears fine with other dogs he had met. Not neutered but getting done 13.03.17 if you're able to offer space. Mikeyxx
Chapmania

Re: Flint JRT DofB 2013 Central Wales comes March

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Flint love4.gif xx
xxlynne

Re: Flint JRT DofB 2013 Chessington Kennels

Post by xxlynne »

Flint has had a challenging day with a huge journey but hopefully now he has arrived from Central Wales he knows he is in amongst friends. The pictures below show the sparkle in his eye beginning to glint. He doesn't do swift approaches...but Flint does do food! keen interest and he is coming over an nibbling from your fingers and then touch is allowed with care to gain his acceptance...within moments he is your friend. He white fur is very browned but doesnt show on the photos: Flint looks like he has been through the mill. He has come tartar on his teeth. Although he has just been neutered I think it is justified to put him under so our vets can check his teeth, 1st vax and chip him all in one go. Really enjoyed his walk and he has good dog skills. Welcome Flint we already love you dearly
Flint7.jpg
Flint1.jpg
Flint5.jpg
Flint2.jpg
Flint3.jpg
Flint4.jpg
Flint6.jpg
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

0093.gif Bless his little heart love4.gif Lucky Chessington walkers xx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Made friends with the delightful Flint this morning, he was nervous in his kennel, coming forwards for treats and then retreating but not many treats later I was able to pop the lead on his harness and off we trotted thumbs.gif
IMG_5483.JPG
IMG_5484.JPG
Such a lovely lad and his trust built quickly bless him, leaving much of his nerves behind. Really gentle boy, he had me under his spell in no time love4.gif
IMG_5479.JPG
IMG_5480.JPG
IMG_5481.JPG
IMG_5482.JPG
Ok to have ear tickles and gentle strokes, he is a BIG fan of cheese !!! By the end of our time together Flint was happy to pop his front paws on my leg to retrieve his cheese treat !!!

Flint met little terrier Sally today, sadly Sally wasn't ready for another little woofer in her life just yet having recently lost her best pal but Flint did so so well, lovely boy with her :goodjob.gif:
IMG_5486.JPG
IMG_5487.JPG
IMG_5488.JPG
Flint will win friends in abundance, beautiful nature and we will help him come out of his shell xxx
IMG_5485.JPG
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Linda

Re: Flint JRT DofB 2013 Gatwick Kennels

Post by Linda »

Fab Flint....gorgeous Terrier. Hope you don't wait long for your forever home.... love4.gif love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Flint and I spent a lovely hour together today thumbs.gif

We walked, Flint enjoyed the extender and we sat, Flint built up his courage to lie and sit near me and then rolled over on his side for a tummy tickle, such priceless moments love4.gif
IMG_5517.JPG
IMG_5518.JPG
IMG_5519.JPG
IMG_5520.JPG
IMG_5521.JPG
IMG_5522.JPG
IMG_5523.JPG
IMG_5524.JPG
IMG_5525.JPG
IMG_5526.JPG
IMG_5527.JPG
IMG_5528.JPG
IMG_5530.JPG
IMG_5531.JPG
IMG_5532.JPG
Such a handsome boy :D
IMG_5529.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

0093.gif Sarah! Can't wait to meet the lovely Flint! thumbs.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

What lovely photos of Flint 0093.gif Thank you! They do him justice - he is a little smasher, so easy to walk and so appreciative of cuddles and treats. Today was the first time I have walked him - the first walk of many I hope. :smiley-bounce016.gi:
VAL

Post by VAL »

I took Flint out for the first time yesterday. He is certainly very nervous in his kennel so you do have to spend some time with him before attaching his leads. He struggles with his fear of strangers against his desire for cheese! Although he backs off when you approach him, he isn't 'nippy'. Once out of the kennel, he is as good as gold and walks beautifully. He wasn't in the least intimidated by big Charlie walking with Steve alongside and not at all fazed by passing strangers. Back in the kennel, I had no problem removing his leads and treated him again for being such a good boy. I think with time and patience, Flint will settle as we build his trust.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”