Flint JRT DofB 2013 - 26th February 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Neilmarion

Re: Flint JRT DofB 2013 Ottershaw Surrey

Post by Neilmarion »

Hello again. Just thought I should tell you about my little holiday last week. We went to a pub called the Crab and Boar near Newbury on Thursday and Friday. The Boar is something to do with a man called Oliver Cromwell, who stayed there a few years back. I didn't find out what the Crab was about. Anyway, it was a nice pub and I was allowed to sit in the bar before dinner and then stay with Mum and Dad in the special part of the dining room reserved for dogs. Mum and Dad said their food was very, very good and I was given treats by a nice man on Thursday and a nice lady on Friday. On Thursday afternoon we went to a ruined castle at a place called Donnington. It was quite spectacular. It had been ruined by the same Oliver Cromwell who stayed at the pub. Mum took my photo standing on the flint base of a ruined turret. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a video! So I couldn't attach to this blog with the caption "Flint on flint". That would have been cool. Silly Mummy. On Friday it poured with rain and I got cold and soaked. Mum says she will get me a coat to go over my harness. Good. We were meant to be going to Beechdown on Saturday morning. It is quite close to the pub. But because of something called equine flu we couldn't go. So we just came home.
Mum said to tell Auntie Charlotte that the ruins were Airport Midlands East. Donnington Castle, he he he!
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Hello Flint. As always so pleased to spot your blog on here and read about your antics. Sounds like a nice pub that Crab and Boar. You are becoming very well versed in knowing lots of pubs Flint. I hope your Mum and Dad will turn your blog into a little book it will make lots of people laugh and be so happy, as I am, that a lovely little fella like you has found such a wonderful Mum and Dad. Look forward to your next update...…………... love4.gif
Polpat

Post by Polpat »

Always good to hear from Flint - such a character and definitely should have your own blog/instagram because that HUGE personality should be shared world wide so everyone gets to know what a cool dude you are?! If you have any racing tips that you can pass on, that would be good too :thanks.gif: ! x
neilmarion1

Post by neilmarion1 »

I haven't been able to get at the tablet for a while. There was a man painting the living room and all the furniture and paintings were taken out and piled up in other rooms. It was very difficult and inconvenient. We were all confined upstairs for most of the day and I could only watch television in the evenings. But it's alright now. The man finished last week and most things are back in their proper places. The only good thing during the disruption was that the television was much nearer the ground and I could get my nose right up against the screen when the dogs in the advertisements came on and I barked at them.
The room looks very smart now. Mum decided one piece of furniture, which she said was over 30 years old, looked a bit scruffy so she repainted it. It has smartened it up, even if the black/brown paint looks purply to me.
The only other thing that has happened is Mum got me a new waterproof coat to keep me dry and cleaner when I go for walks in the rain. It fits and I haven't managed to wriggle out of it. I don't really like it.
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

As always Flint I adore your blog. You are a legend and so funny with it. Glad you like the new colour of the chair. Look forward to hearing from you soon. love4.gif
neilmarion1

Post by neilmarion1 »

Hello to all my followers. It's been a busy couple of weeks. Our neighbours who have the noisy Jack Russell and the cowpat (who is now every bit as noisy as his sister) are on holiday in America and Mum and Dad and I are looking after their chickens. It is quite complicated and I supervise as they are fed, watered and mucked out every morning on our way back from getting the paper. As a reward, we get any eggs and we have been able to share them with our other neighbours. I like being helpful and generous to others.
Last week was time for me to be wormed. I don't like the tablet that they try to feed me. I managed to spit it out several times before Mum stuck it in some soft, sticky goat's cheese. I liked the goat's cheese and didn't really notice the tablet. Mum can be cunning sometimes.
I have learnt to tell when there are squirrels or parakeets on the bird feeders - even when I can't see them. I jump off the settee and sit by the door until Mum or Dad let me out to chase them. Mum says I am very clever to have this special sixth sense.
Did you see that we Welsh are Grand Slam champions? I am very proud of them. Poor Mum and Dad's Scotland were pretty pathetic in the rugby.....and even worse in the football! Hee hee.
Polpat

Post by Polpat »

I am still getting over the shock of reading that you are "looking after" the chickens......my mind is boggling....I am sure you are being ultra careful not to accidentally ingest one......?!! You are such a multi skilled boy - well done!
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Polpat wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 09:21 I am still getting over the shock of reading that you are "looking after" the chickens......my mind is boggling....I am sure you are being ultra careful not to accidentally ingest one......?!! You are such a multi skilled boy - well done!
Yes indeed Flint who knew you could become such a chicken lover??!!! Thank you again for making me laugh. I so look forward to your blogs you are a pretty clever dog. Obviously Mum has got good at hiding the tablet she knows you love cheese. Hear from you soon Flint. Hugs for now xxx
neilmarion1

Post by neilmarion1 »

I've had a pretty busy few days. On Thursday we went back to the Trout at Tadpole Bridge where we stayed last year. Dad had told them I was coming, so they made sure that we had the same room that I liked the last time. It has a nice big bed and the floor is carpeted. I was so happy when I turned the corner and saw its open door. I walked straight in. Mum says I was very clever to recognise it. But then, no big deal - I am clever.
They had made some changes to the arrangements of the pub. One of which was taking away the sheepskin rug from in front of the stove in the bar. However, they gave me a little blanket to lie on instead.
It was very wet on Thursday, so we didn't do much but it was dry on Friday. We went for a long, long walk along the Thames Path from Lechlade nearly to a place called Kelmscott and back. I would have liked to have seen Kelmscott, which is where William Morris, the famous artsandcraftsman, lived but Dad wasn't doing too well (he's really getting on a bit), so we decided to go back to the car before he collapsed.
On Saturday, we left the Trout and went to Beechdown, which was not far away and on the way home. We saw Dad's racehorse there. He is called Noble Fox and is very big and handsome. He has managed to avoid having to do any actual racing yet, which shows he must almost as clever as me.
It was nice to have adventures, but it's nice to be back home too!
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Hello Flint I am so sorry I seemed to have missed your blog. Telling off accepted!!!! Sounds like you had a fabulous time again, all these places you visit you will soon be able to write your own book on different places dogs can take their humans to. I hope Dad is feeling a lot better now and it was very thoughtful of you to go back to the car before he collapsed! What a lovely name for Dad's horse Noble Fox sounds very regal nearly as good as Flint. I hope to hear from you again very soon, it would be lovely if lots of other homed doggies did blogs too although they obviously would not be as good as yours x Bye for now and be good. xxx love4.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”