Flint JRT DofB 2013 - 26th February 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Neilmarion

Re: Flint JRT DofB 2013 Ottershaw Surrey

Post by Neilmarion »

Me curled up in the Red Lion
Me curled up in the Red Lion
Mum and Dad and I went down to the Kings Arms last week and met up with Auntie Charlotte there. I really enjoyed being back in Bobtail Cottage. Lots of nice people made a fuss of me in the bar and gave me treats. There was a little white dog called Isla there sometimes. She was very rude and barked at me. Her people were clearly embarrassed by her behaviour and pointed out to her how well behaved I was.
We stayed for 3 days and visited Tetbury, Malmesbury and Lacock. There are abbeys at Malmesbury and Lacock. Mum and Auntie Charlotte looked round the abbeys but I stayed outside with Dad to keep him company. The best thing in Lacock was the Red Lion, where we had lunch.
We came home on Saturday and beat the snow. I was glad to be at home when it did snow. It would have been horrible to be stuck on the motorway.
Auntie Charlotte took us for lunch in the White Hart in Chobham yesterday. I like Auntie Charlotte. She flew back to America today but will be back in the Autumn. That will be nice.
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Oooooh Flint - you really are a pampered pooch. Xx
Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion »

rps20180404_131322.jpg
rps20180404_131149_762.jpg
Hasn't the weather been awful. It seems to have been raining for ever! Every time I go for a walk I get all mucky and have to be rubbed down with a towel when I get home. I let Mum (though sometimes it's Dad) do it, but I don't like it!
I thought you might like to see a picture of me in a raincoat outside the main Mansion where I help Mum and Dad read the gas and electric meters each month. The other picture is not actually of me - Dad found it in a catalogue for some boots. He and Mum thought I had been doing some secret modelling. It does look like me, though, doesn't it?
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

It does look like you Flint - are you sure you didn't do the modelling and then ate all the treats and lovely food they paid you for it and didn't want to tell Mum & Dad!!! xx You are one amazing little boy I love your blog. Take care and try and keep dry! xx
Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion »

Resting from chasing bad black birds from the little birds' feeders
Resting from chasing bad black birds from the little birds' feeders
I like this weather much better than all that rain.
Since I last wrote, I have been to Beechdown twice. The last time was on Wednesday when I went with Mum, Dad and Crispin. It was really good, as I got to watch lots of horses on the gallops from quite close. Mum said I was very good for sitting quietly and not barking.
The other thing that has happened in the last few weeks is I went to the vet for my annual jabs. I didn't like that much but I was very good and didn't make a fuss. I have to go back for a booster at the beginning of May, which isn't much reward for being good. Maybe, if I misbehave, I won't be invited back again.
On Friday, I had to stay at Crispin ' s yard while Mum and Dad went racing at Newbury. They left early because Dad was too hot, which was good 'cos they picked me up and brought me home sooner!
Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion »

I am enjoying all this sunshine. I lie on the grass in my garden and wait for interlopers to come into my paddock. I then bark at them. It's great fun.
I had my booster jab last week, so that's over for this year. Good!
Mum and Dad went to Windsor Horse Show last week and bought me a smart new collar. I look really good in it. I'll post a photo sometime. While they were at the show, I helped Mum and Dad's friends Crispin and Alison at their stables. I enjoyed that. Alison says I'm a super little dog. She has good taste.
I went to Beechdown again on Saturday and let Mum and Dad's friends tickle my tummy. I like making people happy!
Polpat

Post by Polpat »

Flint....as ever, brightens my day to hear about your exploits and it seems you have everything right under control?! :cool.gif: You certainly are a little cracker! Love to hear your opinions on life and humans, as does my boy Gus who, I think, shares some of your personality traits love4.gif
neilmarion1

Post by neilmarion1 »

I went to a place called Chilgrove with Mum and Dad last week. It is near Goodwood racecourse. We stayed at a nice hotel called the White Horse. It has a part of the bar called the Snug where dogs are allowed. We had dinner, breakfast and lunch in there. It has a carpet. I liked the Snug.
Friends of Mum and Dad joined us for lunch. Then Dad and they went to the races and Mum and I went for a walk in Selhurst woods.
I'm going to be staying with my friends at Horley next week while Mum and Dad are in Alderney. I shall miss them but it will be nice to see people at Horley again.
Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion »

rps20180601_110653_862.jpg

How do you like my new collar?
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Flint you are a very pampered pooch but no more than you deserve. I’m sure you’ll miss your mum and dad but I’ll be sure to come and visit you with your favourite lunch.....plus you can share some of mine. Look forward to seeing you lovely boy. X

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”