Flint JRT DofB 2013 - 26th February 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
neilmarion1

Re: Flint JRT DofB 2013 Ottershaw Surrey

Post by neilmarion1 »

Flint's free favourite fings - food, 'ffection and fighting.
Like 'literation?? Stay safe. :smiley-bounce016.gi:
neilmarion1

Post by neilmarion1 »

Today is a special day for me. It's the 3rd anniversary of my arrival at Ottershaw Park and I am so happy that I have been able to look after Mum and Dad for those 3 years and keep them safe. Talking of which, this continuing Covy thing and people staying at home has meant a lot of new dogs seem to think that they can come into my park. Not only new dogs, either. The other day, Monty, the pop eyed spaniel - who is normally suitably submissive when I walk past - stopped and stood looking at me and wagged his tail! Well, I mean, I couldn't believe my eyes! I had to tell him off quite severely. His Dad saw how naughty he was being and put him on a lead so that I could continue my walk in peace. And the very same day, a scruffy creamy coloured terrier, who I hadn't seen before, walked past us on the path coming back with the paper and wanted to be friends. I was so angry at such presumptuous behaviour that I went to teach him a lesson but Dad pulled me up short on my lead and I nipped Mum's calf instead. I don't know why she said such cruel things to me. It's not as if I meant to bite her and, anyway, it didn't break her skin. It wasn't my fault - if people went to work and got the economy going again and left their dogs at home, such situations wouldn't arise.
I have forgiven Mum and Dad for shouting at me and I'd like to finish this blog by wishing Auntie Charlotte a very happy birthday on Saturday.
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Oh dear Flint a bit of a few difficult days!!! I hope Mums leg is ok I am sure you made up for it with lots of cuddles? Xxxx
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Sorry thia has made me laught out loud ...lovely update Kiss of love.gif
neilmarion1

Post by neilmarion1 »

It's been the worst of times and it's been the best of times. The worst was last Monday. Mum stuck half a wormer tablet in some pate and fed it to me as a treat. I didn't realise what she'd done until too late and I'd swallowed it. When she tried to give me the second half, I licked the pate off and left the wormer........and then I licked the honey off......and then the pancetta. Mum next ground up the pill into tiny pieces and mixed it into my tea. I didn't eat my tea. She gave me it again for breakfast. I left my breakfast. She gave me it again for tea. I left my tea - well, most of it. I got fresh food for breakfast on Wednesday. I won!!
The best thing was that, after I'd won the battle of the wormer, my Aunties from the pub came for lunch in our garden. Everyone sat 2 metres apart - except me. It was lovely. Auntie Myra brought me some super treats. I was very good and let everyone make a fuss of me. I didn't bite anyone's ankles. It was really great.
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Hello my friend Flint!! Oh dear the wormer time its always a battle with my dog too! You must have gone hungry for a day then. I am glad you have had your aunties over and I am even happier to hear you did not bite anyone's ankles. Well you are a good boy. Keep it up. Look after Mum and Dad! Kiss of love.gif
neilmarion1

Post by neilmarion1 »

It's been a special day. We had lunch outside at the White Hart. It was just Mum and Dad and me today, but maybe next month my Aunties Myra, Sue and Sue will be there too.
It was really nice to go to the pub again after all this time.
rps20200713_142034_124.jpg
neilmarion1

Post by neilmarion1 »

Just thought I should let you know that I'm enjoying being able to get out more. A fortnight ago, my 3 Aunties came for lunch in my garden, which was nice, but, yesterday, Mum, Dad, Aunties Sue (R) and Myra, and me all had lunch outside at the White Hart. That was even nicer. Mum and Dad and me had checked out this eat a lot to help a lot thing on Monday, so we knew that it worked. Which means that we can go lots of times and I can help Dad eat his duck skin and Mum her chips and the more times we go, the more money Mum and Dad save. I think that's great. I'm looking forward to next week!
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

I bet you were spoilt rotten by your Mum and Dad and your Aunties too. You are looking very good in your picture in July Flint. I assume you have been super good to be allowed to go the pub with Mum and Dad? And saving money too. What could be better. Hugs little lad you are a legend. xxxx
neilmarion1

Post by neilmarion1 »

It's been very windy recently but it's a nice day today. It was nice yesterday too and we met Auntie Sue and Auntie Myra at the White Hart for eatalot and savealot lunch. I enjoyed that. I will be sorry when that finishes. But maybe Mum and Dad might be able to afford to take me out sometimes, even when it is full price.
There are 2 new puppies in the Mansion, Scruffy and Tiki. When I got in the car to go to the pub yesterday, Tiki suddenly appeared and tried to join me. The cheek of it! Fortunately, Mum stopped her, so I didn't have to teach her a lesson. Her Mum came out and said that Scruffy had also escaped. Mum said that we'd look out for him and, sure enough, we found him just going to explore the drive of another house on the estate. We stopped the car and Mum got out and took him back to his Mum, who was out in her car searching for him. I never thought I'd be part of a puppy rescue team!
We sometimes meet a black labrador when we go for the paper. He is called Otis. Every time I see him, it gives me a lift! He he.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”