Bertie Staffie DofB 23.09.06 - 1st March 2021

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Re: Bertie Effy Staffie DofB 23.09.06 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Bertie was renamed today as we feel his new name will attract people in to his thread...it really suits him. We took him to our vets today as he as developed soreness in his neck. Our vet has given him a special antibiotics to help him recover. Bertie has now gone into Gatwick kennels so he can have access to a paddock everyday and meet new friends
Jojokate

Re: Bertie (Effy) Staffie DofB 23.09.06 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jojokate »

Oh Bertie what a perfect name
I'm really sad he's no longer at chessy I'm so going to miss him. I adore this gentle calm boy.

But I'm glad he's got access to a paddock

Love you Bertie
LizS

Post by LizS »

Bertie is a very happy and gentle little guy, he loves meeting other dogs and people. He likes to play fetch with sticks although I think he prefers to chew them more! woo.gif] He would make a great companion to a new family! I'm going to miss him at Chessington. smiley-sad010.gif
LizS

Post by LizS »

Happy Bertie playing with sticks on our walk thumbs.gif
IMG_1275.JPG
IMG_1277.JPG
IMG_1283.JPG
Yvesboz

Post by Yvesboz »

Met Bertie for the first time today.
What a great boy! Very friendly as soon as you enter his kennel. We had a play with a ball tha bertie definetly enjoyed before going out. Coming out he is so easy on the lead. No mater what gets his attention or bit of wood he starts to play with, all you have to say is "Are you coming?" And straight away Bertie focuses on you and carries on with the walk.
What a face as well!!
IMG_0589.JPG
IMG_0590.JPG
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Re: Bertie Staffie DofB 23.09.06 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

I joined the Bertie fan club this morning. He is such a sweetie. Bertie greeted me with a waggy tail and enjoyed being made a fuss of. He was an easy boy to walk, clearly enjoying being out and also my company.
DSCF7920.jpgbertie.jpg
DSCF7923.jpgbertie.jpg
DSCF7925.jpgbertie.jpg
DSCF7926.jpgbertie.jpg
DSCF7927.jpgbertie.jpg
DSCF7928.jpgbertie.jpg
Littlemissy

Post by Littlemissy »

Walked Bertie for the 1st time yesterday. A beautiful kennel greeting and easy as to harness no issues exiting kennel block. I joined my partner who was walking Maisie ..another of our more mature pups. Boy were we in for a surprise thinking a nice sedate stroll...don't let this chaps age fool you as it did us...he doesn't let his numbers stop him.
Cheeky chappie borrowed ( Well OK pinched) a ball from one of our other walkers and we happily walked off down the drive with it as a prize. He walks beautifully though, a nice slack lead and checks you quite often..normally to see if you might just give him a treat. When you do offer treats,he so eagerly shows you that he knows sit and sweetly offers you his paw too.
We met a couple of horses whilst out Bertie shows no reaction and happily walks past.
Bertie is a sweethearted gentle soul, that sadly at his age should be enjoying home comforts.
Just a little bit in love with this chappie xx
Kiss of love.gif
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Totally fell for Bertie this morning. I challenge anyone not to. What an adorable chap! So calm, laid back and happy. I can only imagine what a super family dog he would make and can't believe somebody didn't want to bother with him. Outstanding boy, I wish Heidi liked other dogs :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:

Just love his expression and eyes. Lovely, kind boy
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
VAL

Post by VAL »

I can see there's going to be competition among the walkers for the chance to walk Bertie! I was the fortunate one this morning. Yes, a little ball play and cuddle in the kennel before setting off on our walk. We came across a woman with three loose dogs, including a young bulldog who was very wary of Bertie. He soon realized that Bertie was OK and invited him to play. I wasn't sure how Bertie would react so I took it carefully but his tail didn't stop wagging and I'm sure he would have joined in the game if I didn't have him on the leads. He also welcomed some fuss from the dogs' owner, who thought Bertie was delightful. Back in the kennel, Bertie sat patiently with a lifted paw while I fed him some cheese treats. Bless him.
love4.gif
bizlate

Re: Bertie Staffie DofB 23.09.06 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by bizlate »

What an absolutely scrumptious old man!
Brilliant Bertie
Brilliant Bertie
Ready for his close up
Ready for his close up
Big Bertie joined us for a walk on a hot day with Pipsqueak. We were worried that bouncy terrier Pipsqueak might be too much for an older boy like Bertie, but while I'm not sure Bertie has any idea how to play (seemed most bemused by Pip's overtures), he was totally unphased by his bouncy terrier companion or any other dog we passed (ignored all other dogs completely).
With Pipsqueak (who he'd never even met before the walk!)
With Pipsqueak (who he'd never even met before the walk!)

Bertie has utterly impeccable manners with a great sit and paw! And a lie down. He takes treats ever so gently too.
Showing off his fab manners
Showing off his fab manners
So connected... always checking back with his walker
So connected... always checking back with his walker
He walks like a dream on the lead - don't think I've ever seen my husband take a phonecall while walking one of the kennel dogs!
Slack lead the whole way
Slack lead the whole way
Continuing to ignore the very sociable Pip
Continuing to ignore the very sociable Pip
Chilling in the park
Chilling in the park
He is a quiet and sweet boy who has clearly not had much of a life in the past... he is filled with wonder at everything. We also think he saw (and ignored) a cat at one point altho we couldn't swear to it as not sure of his eyesight :D
Flower boy
Flower boy
Loves a bum scratch!
Loves a bum scratch!
Bemused but unperturbed by Pipsqueak
Bemused but unperturbed by Pipsqueak
Look at that staffie smile
Look at that staffie smile
While he is far from a doddery old man, kennels are no place for a dear old boy like this.
Please someone come and take him away!

Gorgeous boy
Gorgeous boy

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”