Beanie Staffie DofB 25.04.12 Aldershot Hants

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Beanie Staffie DofB 25.04.12 Aldershot Hants

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Beanie.JPG
Beanie's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a Welsh council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Beanie is neutered; chipped and vaccinated. Beanie was in boarding kennels near Guildford & Gatwick.

Beanie is what we call a lickle Staffie being so small she has terrier type traits of energy, alertness & not always calm around meeting dogs. Beanie has built her confidence outside with other dogs. She arrived very depleted having been in kennels for many months, but now back to full health. Sweet natured Darling dog

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months when they are sure of their dogs instincts & skills, so as not to place dog's lives at risk (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Beanie's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time and tolerance to allow them to settle.
Beanie94.JPG
Beanie90.JPG
Beanie91.JPG
Beanie's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 16.10.16: Beanie has been here forever, she doesn't like other dogs (Nov 16 Proven to now like other dogs) hence she has waited so long for a Rescue place - adores people.
Beanie10.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Beanie Staffie DofB 25.04.12 Chessington Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Lickle Beanie bless her heart:- prolonged kennelling has knocked the stuffing out of her...we are so grateful to our Welsh friends for holding her for such a longtime waiting in hope for a Rescue place. Her time has come...

Beanie arrived on Saturday and today she came into the dog mobile to go to our vets. She kicked off having Candy in the crate next to her but within 3 mins had settled. It is useful to time these events as you surprise yourself. Beanie soon had her back to Candy and focused on the scenery as we motorway'd our way towards Westerham. I carried her into our vets and back out, not to put her through any distress with other dogs around at this stage. Our vet checked her over and gave her 1st vaccination. Laura recommended we bath her with malaseb shampoo to begin to treat her fur. The kennel staff have kindly agreed to do this.
The attachment Beanyskinfur.jpg is no longer available
Beanie has fur full of scurf
Beanie has fur full of scurf
Beanie has scars on her face from a fight or regular fights
Beanie has scars on her face from a fight or regular fights
We headed back to the kennels all the dogs were quiet. We exchanged Gus JRT for Queenie RR...all the dogs were quiet. Beanie enjoyed a small hide bone ...we stopped for lunch. I reappeared with sliced roast ham reduced and explained it needed to be eaten today. All four dogs enjoyed their share and mine (I'm vegetarian).

Blurry pictures in the front of the dog mobile but you get a sense how sweet she is ...She has my heart
Beanie has rugged crusted ear edges
Beanie has rugged crusted ear edges
Beanyentry1.jpg
Beanyentry2.jpg
Beanyentry3.jpg
Beanyentry4.jpg
Beanie started 7 day panacur wormer today which will kill any worms and lungworm should she have it present. She is very underweight bless her.
Josanne

Re: Beanie Staffie DofB 25.04.12 Chessington Kenns

Post by Josanne »

I really hope Beanie gets a home who can give her plenty of TLC very soon - this lovely little lady deserves it! Beanie was keeping alert of her surroundings during our walk. When we found a place to rest, she relaxed, and we spent time stroking her and doing some basic training. She LOVED it! Within minutes, Beanie was sitting, laying down, spinning, giving us her paw and rolling over - she's very clever!
xxlynne

Re: Beanie Staffie DofB 25.04.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Beanie came out today to travel to Gatwick. She was a little 'meowee' initially on the journey but had settled within 5 minutes. We arrived and Beanie went on to meet chickens and cats ...oh dear...

Beanie is now in Gatwick Kenns awaiting friendships
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Oh that last video did make me laugh, Beanie obviously loves chickens but not in the way that gets her a pass in the chicken test! lol.gif

Really helpful to read about her muzzle training and to already see her progress. She is an utter cutie and I am sure will be very popular with walkers! Kiss of love.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Judy

Post by Judy »

Adorable Beanie, we went out for the first time today, she is such a lovely beautiful girl. She is so very friendly, easy to harness, and doesn't worry about the other dogs when going out and in the kennels. We had a lovely walk together, Beanie was sniffing all the new smells around her and thoroughly enjoyed herself, she is very trusting. She makes lovely little Staffie noises talking away telling me all about her day. She is an absolute joy to walk, she walks at a lovely pace without pulling. Surely she will find her forever home very very soon. Who could resist. love4.gif
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I had the pleasure of meeting Beanie yesterday. She really is such a sweet little girl. Very easy to harness and no problems putting the muzzle on her. As good as gold walking through the kennel block. We set off for our walk with Beanie walking very nicely and calmly. Very in tune with me and was very good crossing roads. No reaction to passing traffic. As we turned a corner she tugged my arm as she saw a blackbird! We saw a couple of dogs out who she showed an interest in but there was no barking or growling. Back at the kennel she was a bit reluctant to return but once inside with the muzzle and harness off we had a cuddle. Great company and I think Beanie would be extremely loyal to her new owners. Very, very sweet little girl love4.gif xx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Little Beanie-bops, what a sweetie and oh so teeny tiny but big on lovely love4.gif
DSC01394 - Copy.JPG
DSC01398 - Copy.JPG
Beanie enjoyed a nice walk yesterday with new walker Ali, walking with another new walker Faye with Misty. After her walk it was time to come and pose for the camera :D

I popped Beanie's muzzle off and gave her a treat to be rewarded with the sweetest of sits and a little kiss too, heart melter mylove.gif (but didn't manage to get her to sit for the camera !!!)
DSC01400.JPG
DSC01390.JPG
DSC01394.JPG
DSC01395.JPG
DSC01396.JPG
DSC01398.JPG
DSC01391.JPG
Beanie, hope we find you your new home soon sweet little one :crossfingers.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Beanie was very friendly in her kennel and no problem harnessing or putting her muzzle on. Out past all the other dogs without a reaction and then we walked with Milly and Bentley. They took no notice of each other and we had a really lovely, relaxed walk. When we got back we had some cuddles and sniffing in the grass and she polished off all the sausages i had in my pocket lol.gif
Very sweet little dog who walks beautifully and is very well behaved. We had walked along the main road and no reaction to all traffic, including a very large and noisy tractor. Went back in her kennel good as gold.
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Judy walked Beanie today and she was really good, she walked with myself and little Betzy they seemed to get on very well.A really stunning looking girl !

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”