Dylan Staffie DOB 2012 - 14th October 22

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Staffybull71

Re: Dylan Staffie DOB ?2012 Cannock Chase

Post by Staffybull71 »

Can you believe that it is nearly a year since Dylan came to live in his forever home...? On 8th March he will have been here for a whole year. We left Gatwick slightly nervous for the long journey back to Staffordshire not knowing how it was going to go. He has done so well. I would never have predicted how far he was going to come. He definitely loves his new life! And his character has come out now that he can relax and be himself. He's such a lovely fella.

Here is some footage of him on Saturday morning. He loves Saturdays because we don't dash around and go to work. He has a big love and a cuddle on a Saturday and Sunday morning. Excuse the pyjamas. It's a bit clunky and bit close because he was lying on my lap and I couldn't get any further away. This is him chewing my fingers....

anne

Post by anne »

love4.gif Look at him all chilled out.
and Wow, nearly a year!
Staffybull71

Post by Staffybull71 »

Well, he has done it! A whole year. Happy Gotcha Day to Dylanny Dog blob6.gif]

I can't believe it has been a whole year. We left Gatwick with such intrepidation back in March 2018. No one knew how it was going to go and I know Lynne's fingers were crossed. What a long way he has come. From not coping if you touched him to becoming the original Cuddle Monster.

It's been great seeing him relax slowly and become himself. His character has come out and he is such a lovely dog. We've discovered he loves to pinch socks, nothing else, just socks! He loves them and you have to chase him for them and barter to get them back with treats. He likes to hide under a thrown or a blanket and sleep as though no one can see him. He can spend hours hidden under the throw on the sofa! He doesn't like sneezing. If you sneeze he gets a bit concerned and has to come over and check you are ok 0002.gif] He likes to keep the garden free of squirrels! Boy he can move! He goes out of the back door like a bullet and chases them away. I've never seen a squirrel run so fast before!

As well as not being able to get enough love and cuddles, he loves a play fight. He absolutely loves it when you pretend to wrestle with him. It was a brave thing to do the first time - but we have to trust him like he has to trust us. He's very gentle. He knows he is loved and he knows he is safe. And now he is starting to realise other people will not hurt him either. People that come into his home or he meets out and about, he is great with them. Everyone we know respects him and knows that it all has to be on his terms. Our friends have been great and Sian at Pool House Vets has been a diamond letting him go for half an hour a week to get used to the vets and the nurses.

He has done very, very well and we are very proud of him :smiley-bounce016.gi:

Here is a little clip of him doing a bit of his happy dance and trying to get me to play with his new anniversary Kong.....

And here's some pictures of him having big love with his Dad. He loves having a cuddle - he is very tactile and cuddlesome love4.gif

cuddles1.jpg

cuddles2.jpg

Cuddles3.jpg

cuddles4.jpg
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Happy gotcha to all of you woo.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif] :smiley-dance017.gif: :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
All of your hard work and love has certainly paid off .......Dylan is looking amazing thumbs.gif thumbs.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Happy gotcha day Dylan, special boy with a superb extra special family xxx
:thanks.gif: :thanks.gif: :thanks.gif: :thanks.gif: :thanks.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

Simply FABULOUS xx
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Happy Gotcha Day Dylan and family, wonderful what time, love, patience and understanding can do for a dog. :goodjob.gif:
Staffybull71

Post by Staffybull71 »

Dylan has been breathing in the Spring air in the sunshine today. He loves his garden. He's been pottering around looking at all the work that's need to be done.....surveying his manor. What a handsome chap he is love4.gif
garden 3.jpg
garden 5.jpg
garden 4.jpg

That's better! Would much rather have a lie down and soak up the sun thumbs.gif
garden 2.jpg
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Spoilt or what... 0002.gif] 0002.gif] 0002.gif] :smiley-dance017.gif: love4.gif love4.gif thumbs.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Look at him all healthy and shiny. love4.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”