Rowan Staffie DofB 09.05.08 - 08.05.21

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
MandaTK

Re: Rowan Staffie DofB 09.05.08 Littlehampton

Post by MandaTK »

Such a special boy. Yes sweetpea definitely makes you emotional that last photo so gorgeous. Thank you for a great update. Please tell Rowan everyone at rr loves him to bits too xxxxx angel13.gif]
JoJoPrice

Post by JoJoPrice »

So ..... Rowan seems to have suddenly got old, we know he was chipped in 2008 but have no idea how old he was at this point, so at his best he is 11. He has a re-occurring limp, which clears up and then comes back and he is finding it hard after a long sleep to get up as his back legs struggle. All this said he still enjoys his 2/3 walks a day, however these are generally shorter but he doesn't seem to mind. He has lumps now in a few places, and a new one on the base of his tail. These don't bother him and we have talked to the vet, however we review when we see her.

Rowan has never been camping with us when we go as a family group (he has been before just us) one reason is that one of the people we go with doesn't like dogs. However we had a BBQ at our house a couple of weeks before camping and Matt couldn't believe how well behaved he was and even gave him a sausage on the sly wheyhey.gif ..... This sealed the deal and Rowan came on the annual camping trip.

As said before, Rowan can be a diva at night, however he now has his own room and is happy to go in there until Jay gets up for work and then as soon as the door is opened he is in with me, or us if it's a weekend. So we knew he wouldn't sleep on his own in the tent lol.gif He lasted an hour before he tried to find where we were and ended up round the back of the pod trying to find where we were. So, he ended up on the airbed with me and Jay ....... straight under the covers and this is where he slept for 5 days!!!

He isn't a 'Sit on the floor' type of boy, he is a sit on the sofa with my humans, so we took the inflatable sofa, knowing full well this would be Rowan's favourite place and it was positivo1.gif
He was good when we ate, good when we went on walks (although did't understand why he was kept on the lead) and good when we did the activities. It was very hot so whenever we walked to the activity centre we made sure he had a wet t-towel on his back and water ready for when we got there. He then liked sitting on the cool grass. This was only a 4/5 minute walk, however we were just cautious and made sure he didn't overheat.

Here are some photos of him on the camping trip and also how he likes to sleep and what I wake up too in the morning!!

He spent 2 weeks with Mum this year as we had an abroad holiday, and I found myself ringing every other day to check on him. This boy has certainly changed our life and is the centre of everything we do k2727.gif
Rowan showing this is his sofa
Rowan showing this is his sofa
Rowan - Under table at the bar.jpeg
Rowan - Walking at Dog Walk.jpeg
Rowan - Walking with me and Jay.jpeg
Rowan - Camping sl;eeping on sofa.jpeg
Rowan - With my feet up.jpeg
The temperature dropped around 8pm, so had to make sure my boy was warm
The temperature dropped around 8pm, so had to make sure my boy was warm
We popped to the bar one night and Rowan was fine all the time the sun was out, however then decided he wasn't happy laying on the floor like all the other dogs, so Matt (the one who doesn't like dogs) went to get his sofa!!
We popped to the bar one night and Rowan was fine all the time the sun was out, however then decided he wasn't happy laying on the floor like all the other dogs, so Matt (the one who doesn't like dogs) went to get his sofa!!
Rowan - Sitting on my lap.jpeg
Rowan - 3 in the bed.jpeg
This is what I wake up too most mornings after Jay has already gone to work  .... Morning Rowan
This is what I wake up too most mornings after Jay has already gone to work .... Morning Rowan

His tummy problems seem to be rectified now he doesn't have Naturediet anymore. He still hasn't put all the weight back on that he lost, however he is looking better.

I've tried rotating the photos, however they still don't all come the right way! Sorry xx
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Ooooh I LOVE a Rowan update. A real special boy indeed is Rowan, I think everyone who came into contact with him loved him from the word go. We all used to take turns in taking Rowan out for walks at Guildford!! Sorry to hear he is not quite so sprightly but he is definitely living the dream isn't he and to turn around your friend who doesn't like dogs well who would not like Rowan!! Love love the pics Jojo. As always give him a big hug from me and a kiss. Gorgeous boy xxxxxx Kiss of love.gif
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Lovely to see Rowan enjoying life and is now brave enough to go camping, winning over new friends in the process. :havefun.gif: :nicethread.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Aw, love that blow up sofa you took for Rowan...he is very lucky to have found you and know he will never be in kennels again Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif] k2727.gif k2727.gif
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

Rowan is so lucky to have you and we love hearing his updates. Give him a big hug from his RR fans!
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely update. ....i use green lipped mussel capsules from holland and barrart for my oldies ....it has amazing results for joints bighug.gif
gsdlover

Post by gsdlover »

Absolutely love this update love4.gif

Totally different dog that we picked up from the vets all those years ago Heart fill with love.gif]
nkjordan

Post by nkjordan »

sweetpea wrote: Wed 14 Aug 2019 16:01 Lovely update. ....i use green lipped mussel capsules from holland and barrart for my oldies ....it has amazing results for joints bighug.gif
Green Lipped Mussel extract? There's an idea. Our Diesel is just beginning to slow down a little bit. He'll be eight this year (or older...) so I wonder whether that stuff might do him some good. How much do you give them? I figured one capsule every couple of days, but they don't do instructions on the back for staffies!
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Yes green lipped mussel extract ...our lurchers are 25 kgs and they have one 500mg capsule a day ...victor is 13 and tilly is 10 .... positivo1.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”