In loving memory of dogs that have passed
nkjordan

Re: Rowan Staffie DofB 09.05.08 Littlehampton

Post by nkjordan »

Thanks! I'll give them a try!
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Aww Rowan, such a fab update. Great to read he is even winning round 'non-dog people' if anyone could it would be Rowan!
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
JoJoPrice

Post by JoJoPrice »

sweetpea wrote: Thu 15 Aug 2019 17:07 Yes green lipped mussel extract ...our lurchers are 25 kgs and they have one 500mg capsule a day ...victor is 13 and tilly is 10 .... positivo1.gif
Thank you - I will also try this xx
JoJoPrice

Post by JoJoPrice »

So, we had an overnight guest last Friday! Hazel came to stay ...... She is 1 year old female and a french bulldog cross something (I'm not sure)

Rowan and Hazel had met several times, after Rowan's initial "Sniff" he isn't bothered plus as a 1 year old she is far to quick for him and just looks at me when she is running around him as if to say "Jesus even watching her is too energetic"

Mum had Rowan so I picked Hazel up, and then went to get Rowan. Well when I walked through the door with Hazel he looked so bemused .... and then proceeded to follow this very fast dog round and round Mum's house 0002.gif]

It was raining and as Rowan doesn't walk in the rain I took them straight home
Rowan and Hazel Car.jpeg
We got home and well, Hazel was buzzing around and Rowan was following her, in and out the house. It was hilarious, they did this for about an hour, both absolutely shattered but it was lovely to see Rowan playing although for a dog that won't go out in the rain, he does if there is a lady to follow around
Rowan and Hazel Garden.jpeg
We fed them separately just in case they got jealous, however Hazel left some of hers and when Rowan came into the kitchen (he was fed first) he just sniffed it and walked away. He also did this with some toast in the morning. Rowan loves toast with butter and marmite, he actually salivates and dribbles (like string out of each side of his mouth) so he got his and then Hazel got some too. Hazel half chewed and then dropped it on the kitchen floor. Rowan made no attempt to try and get hers, in fact just walked past it k2727.gif

Finally they both settled and took a few positions on the sofa Heart fill with love.gif]
Rowan and Hazel and Me on sofa.jpeg
Rowan and Hazel Soda 1.jpeg
Rowan on Footstall Hazel on Floor.jpeg
He growled at her twice on the sofa, as she stood on him and started nibbling his ear, he just let out a little warning, so I moved her, she went back he warned her again, I moved her and she got the message that he didn't want his ear nibbled bighug.gif

Overnight Rowan slept in his room and Hazel on our bed, we walked them separately in the morning as it was hard work with Hazel wanting to play when Rowan is off lead and she isn't allowed the day before. Even with the long 20m Rope I bought her owner she still wanted to chase Rowan. However in the field the next morning playing fetch, I had her undevided attention and her recall was amazing (she didn't even reach the length of her the 20m lead) until another dog caught her eye ......

Also, since she has been spyed she has lost all her recall. Sees another dog and runs off to greet them, it doesn't matter if you have a treat, she just won't come back. I've never had a puppy so i'm not usre if this is normal after a spay or just her nature?

Can anyone help in rotating the photos, on the PC before adding they are the right way so adding them somehow the website is turning them round????
Rpwan and Hazel Sofa 2.jpeg
JoJoPrice

Post by JoJoPrice »

When you have beauty and perfection
When you have beauty and perfection
JoJoPrice

Post by JoJoPrice »

So I have been so busy that I didn't do a write up for Rowan 4th "Came into our Life Date" (failed fosterers!)

It's been 4 years since Rowan came into our lives and what a four years, he has come such a long way from the scared boy that wouldn't really want a walk as I think he was scared he would be taken somewhere he was scared of. A lot of walkers knew of his nerves and sometimes they would just come on with no warning and no trigger that a human could see. Rowan now walks out of the house left and right, doesn't really mind where he goes as long as he goes. He still may have the odd wobble but the last time must have been last year sometime.

The change of routine has massively affected him, to the point he stopped eating blu1.gif as Jay is now at home so he doesn't come to work with me anymore and can't go to Mum's either. 3 weeks on he now stays in bed with Jay and knows he doesn't come with me in the mornings. Everyday for the past 4 years we have had a morning routine Mon-Fri and this is now different. When I walk through the door after work it's like he hasn't seen me for a year, and he is now eating again.
He is such a sensitive soul and he was happy with the routine we had and now I leave him. At weekends I walk him and we have the same routine so he doesn't feel neglected by me at anytime. Last Saturday we walked all the way (45 minutes) to Mum's and he was so pleased to see her, although didn't understand why I wasn't going in as he just went in as normal and then had to come find me sitting on the drive with Mum sitting on the step. We has a half hour pit stop with water, a lay down and treats and then took a slow walk back. It cheered Mum up and I think Rowan too.

The problem is with taking him to work is now a lot of staff have been furloughed I can't leave the office at lunchtime so Rowan wouldn't get his lunchtime walk, however I will bring him in one day next week as even my boss says he is missing him.

Rowan's back legs are getting weak and even though he has always shaken, these are now more tremors and also the lump that was removed from his chest a couple of years ago (Grade2) is back and growing. He isn't bothered about it and is ok in himself but our vet appointment has been postponed as not "Urgent" but he is 13yrs old so his age is starting to show, howder he still enjoys 2 walks a day and plenty of cuddles.

He really is our world and we've had a wonderful 4 years and are looking forward to some more k2727.gif

Here are some recent photos
Rowan 9.jpeg
Rowan 8.jpeg
Rowan 7.jpeg
Rowan 6.jpeg
Rowan 5.jpeg
Rowan 4.jpeg
Rowan 3.jpeg
Rowan 2.jpeg
Rowan 1.jpeg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Lovely, gorgeous boy, I hope he's ok. I always remember him when he arrived at Godstone and broke all our hearts Heart fill with love.gif]
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
JoJoPrice

Post by JoJoPrice »

Elliesmum wrote: Fri 24 Apr 2020 13:34 Lovely, gorgeous boy, I hope he's ok. I always remember him when he arrived at Godstone and broke all our hearts Heart fill with love.gif]
He is just such a beautiful boy with an amazing soul, but he still is sensitive and doesn't like change ...... He even takes himself off to bed upstairs now if we are staying up to late lol.gif and when we go up I just tuck him into his duvet Heart fill with love.gif]
He is the child I never had xx
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Rowans updates always make me teary....
He was so lucky to find you ....lots of love to you all... Kiss of love.gif
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Me too Sweetpea. Rowan has a special place in my heart and many other volunteers. Jo jo and family thank you hugs to the special boy xxxxxxxxx bighug.gif Heart fill with love.gif] :smiley-bounce016.gi:

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”