Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Heathfield

Dogs that have found their forever home
Missie

Re: Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Heathfield

Post by Missie »

Hello everyone, Missie here again,

Well after all my happy, funny blogs I am sorry to say that I haven't had such a great time this week.

Mum noticed that I had a split claw not long after I came to live with my family. It wasn't really bothering me but mum noticed at the weekend that part of the nail was hooking and risking the chance of ripping off.

Mum didn't want to cut it, being a black nail, as she wasn't sure if it would make it bleed so out came the first aid kit and a good old plaster trimmed down seemed to hold it all together! I wasn't bothered by the plaster at all and was such a good girl. I didn't lick or or chew it off, even though it looked a bit silly.

Mum decided to look at it again Monday morning and spotted that the claw had split in 2 places and inside my toe had been ever so slightly bleeding. I didn't yelp, wimper or get angry with mum but it was bothering me, so off to the vets!

My vet was great and told mym to bring me straight down. The vet thinks that the claw had been split for some time and suggest that he removed a large part of it under sedation. So not to upset me we popped back a few hours later, once my food had gone down.

We arrived back several hours later and I wasn't afraid, i said hello to all the staff and gave the vets beard a good wash for him! Mum's dad has a beard and I always wash his, so thought it only polite! Mum explained my past and they were great with me.

Less than 2hrs later it was all over. They called mum to say that she could pick me up. I was so pleased so see mum but very sleepy still. I was also a bit embarrassed as I had a little accident in my kennel. So we got in the car and was so close to home when I started making some really funny noises..... and then there was a smell.... Mum pulled up and got me out and instantly i had a poorly tummy. I was trying to talk to mummy saying 'mum get me out or I will have to poo in your car!' mum just knew something wasn't right thank God. She knows me so well now.

We got inside the house and basically, I've been spoiled ever since! The vet says that my claw will grow back in a few months and should return to normal. He also trimmed all of her other claws so hopefully I can manage them now with a monthly pedicure!

It has hit me hard and I'm still not 100% and have been off my food a little and not been very sparky, so mum and I have had a duvet day together today. I was cooked some chicken and rice which was too good not to eat so I'm on the mend.

I'm sure i will be fine and we have a check up on Thursday. Also managed to take my tablets so yet again have been a good girl.

So the last photo shows me, my poorly foot and being wrapped up in a blanket.

Dad reckons that I might be putting it on slightly for the attention - as if I would do that!

Anyway, stay warm and much love

Missie the poorly moo

Xxxx
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Bless her ...nails are a pain ...mend fast lovely girl love4.gif
gsdlover

Post by gsdlover »

Speedy recovery Missie....good job you have a lovely family to take good care of you Heart fill with love.gif]

Absolutely love your updates and photos...thank you,
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Hiya Missiemoo. I have only just caught up with your thread. I hope you claw is getting better. Sending you kisses. Heart fill with love.gif]
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Missie

Post by Missie »

Hello everyone, yes I'm back, little Miss moo bag here!

Well after my last blog which was all about poorly Missie moo, I can confirm I'm fixed and back to the original Missie that you all know and love!

The nail is repairing well so that means I can get back out there for walkies again. I've been like a coiled spring, However it does appear that although I come across as a bundle of energy and power, It has been noticed that I can be a bit of a lazy woof! I will run for a ball for a bit but then i decide it's too much work. I love getting a bit muddy but have also learnt that brambles aren't nice. I'm going to stay away from that overgrowth - I might like mud but prickles are a no no!

I do like the warm, snuggles and sleeping (just like my mum!) Why work too hard if you don't have to! Talk about dog most like its owner!

So mum has been redecorating the front room recently. What a whole load of hassle that is. Of course I was right in there trying to help, like you do, made sure that I laid down at the bottom of the ladder etc... But all was getting was 'missie move', 'missie stop wagging your tail', 'missie your not helping!' so I was asked if I would like to go out in the garden. I needed a wee so thought why not. And then something strange happened......

I was just milling about when this voice came into my head.... 'missie are you not getting any attention?' 'missie do you want to remind mum that your here?' 'missie, dig a little hole in the garden, you know you want to!' so I did! Just so happens that mum was about to start painting near the French doors and spotted me - all of a sudden my name was hollered! Bugger I was caught in the act (plus I had really muddy paws which makes me guilty as charged!) I zoomed in the door and went straight to my bed before mum had chance to even say anything. I hung my head really low and put on the best puppy dog eyes that I could - it didn't work. 'did Missie dig in the garden?' I was asked. I avoided eye contact with her but she knew the answer!

I was forgiven but the next day of painting I thought it best to stay out of the way. I was such a good girl and laid in my bed out of choice. I knew mum just wanted to get the job done. She was nearly finished but I couldn't wait - I needed a wee. So I politely went to the door and mum praised me for being good and let me out. Well she must of been so keen to get the job done I was out there for a little longer than I would of liked. Then it happened again, there was that voice! 'missie has Mum forgotten about you?' 'missie look at that unfinished hole you dug yesterday' ' Missie you know you want to' and that was it - I dug away flicking it everywhere! God knows how mum knows but within seconds the door flew open - 'right you want to dig then you can stay out there' oh know, this time she was really mad. Two holes in the garden, mud on the carpet and I had loads of paint on me too from when I was helping!

The door slammed shut and it was a long hour for me, sitting at the door, waiting to come in, I was really sorry and I hope she knows that.

That evening I was cleaned up and allowed back for cuddles. I did hear mum say that maybe the furniture moving and change in living conditions short term may of upset me which brought on the naughtyness. Ha ha, she is such a love, if only she knew about that voice in my head that told me to do it!

Anyway, front room looks great - shame about all the mud on the carpet!

What can I say, I had some down time with my poorly paw and had to make up for it somehow! Mum did say to me that I'm not a moo bag but sometimes a poo bag! All I could think was good work Missie, you haven't lost your touch!

Lots of love fans, speak soon!

Missie
Xxxx
gsdlover

Post by gsdlover »

0002.gif] love4.gif 0002.gif]

Such a funny update .....i imagine that the voice inside Missies head is similar to the one in Roxies head that tells her to pinch food off our worktop if we're foolish enough to leave it out by mistake :shock:
Stu

Post by Stu »

Lovely update Missie but I wouldn't listen to the voices in your head it only gets you into trouble.
Hilbs

Post by Hilbs »

Missie's updates are just fantastic - thanks so much for always taking the time to write these and for giving her the amazing home she was so waiting for..x
Stu

Post by Stu »

Pictures from
Missie
Missie 1.jpg
Missie 2.jpg
Missie 3.jpg
Missie 4.jpg
Missie 5.jpg
sweetpea