Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Heathfield

Dogs that have found their forever home
Chapmania

Re: Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chapmania »

Jim walked Missie for the first time today. I joined them too. Missie showed Jim what a good girl she is. Walking nice and calmly, crossing the roads well and taking no notice of the traffic. Everybody who meets Missie loves her. She is good with other dogs and is so friendly and loving. Especially if you have treats in your pocket! It really saddens me that Missie still finds herself in kennels. She really deserves a home to call her own. Smashing girl Heart fill with love.gif] xx
20180107_143718.jpg
20180107_143745.jpg
CoraMc

Post by CoraMc »

Missie really is like a kennel celebrity; everyone knows who she is and how amazing she is. She is super friendly and has taken a new apartment on the edge of the kennels, which suits her social side no end! She greets everyone who comes into the kennels with a friendly smile, a quick check to see if there are treats ;) and is very happy to be petted. If you linger with her without going into her kennels, she will sit for you and offer a paw, not in expectation you'll give her something, it's as if she's being companionable.

But! If Missie knows it's walkies time, she becomes joy unending!! She will call to you, sing to you and generally make you feel like you're the best person in the world! Despite her size, she's not difficult to harness, she walks around with you a little but is just so keen to come out with you.

As I've said, to know MIssie is to love her; she has a massive heart that is in keeping with her sizeable stature and she's all love!! She's overdue her forever home and nothing would make her happier than to dance back into a home again, this time for good. She is so ready right now.
Lynds

Post by Lynds »

Cora sums up Missie so well.

It’s all about love with her.
She has so much love to give and she is dying to give it.
Which works for us as we love to receive it and reciprocate.

Our weekly walk takes us via a park bench, which is now called the cuddle bench. We like to stop off for a few minutes, away from the hustle and bustle of the kennels and sit down for some cuddles. Missie loves to lean in towards your leg and press you into place on the bench. Today we took in the lovely winter sunshine and wished for a forever home for our beautiful girl.

I struggle to articulate how wonderful Missie Moo is.
4BE77831-C3F8-40E2-889F-3BC0D8E26044.jpeg
-I marvel at her brains
-I am in awe of her good cheer and positivity after all the time in kennels.
-I cherish the affection she shares with us and feel lucky to be her pal.

I just wish so much for her to find the family for her. They will be so lucky and proud to parade her around their town like we do.

Here are some photos from the cuddle bench today
52EDD7A3-DEA9-476C-9809-51A281A572C2.jpeg
799C0C6D-96C7-4D6C-96E7-DDEBD1F8A41C.jpeg
Stu

Post by Stu »

Although not everyone's cup of tea Missie absolutely loves the snow and ice and she was beside herself with excitement this morning in the snow with lots of rolling and commando crawling. I think i will need to get a head cam because trying to deal with walking Missie and taking pictures is too challenging for me particularly with poor circulation in my fingers.
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Missie always welcomes me when I walk into the kennel block, she looks at me with her stunning eyes and melts my soul. Most days all she gets is a snack from me and a cheery hello but today it was Missie's turn for a stroll.
Kim and I gave Missie a pavement walk into the village. She was pleasant and easy to walk and walked to heel. Wasn't fussed by traffic and was attentive to commands.
We walked through the woods on the way back, where she stared at a squeaky squirrel.
Thanks for a great walk Missie.

20180311_114153.jpg
20180311_114112.jpg
Stu

Post by Stu »

Missie and I do lots of different walks together and I try to let her choose where she wants to go within reason. Her favourite walk is across the fields but I have also realised recently that she has worked out the longest routes we walk and tries hard at key decision points to ensure she gets the longest walk possible. I try hard to create circular walks for us and Missie is now very good at choosing the biggest circles. Missie has lots of wonderful qualities aside from being very bright not least of which is the fact that she is very much an all weather dog.
Lynds

Post by Lynds »

Stu has mentioned before that Missie loves the snow and ice.

Well today we got to experience that first hand.

We picked the beautiful one up for her Sunday stroll and from her room she could see the snow on the ground and was very excited. We stepped out onto the fresh white blanket and Missie did a dance of total joy! Her feet jigged all over the place and she was raring to get out there and experience it.

And oh how unique is the way Missie ‘experiences’ snow! I have said before how she is such a happy dog and just emits pure joy. Well the snow takes that to a new level.

The pictures below show that her favoured way to travel in snow is to lay flat and make her body into a sledge. She slid along on her belly stretched as long as she could and used her face as a shovel to scoop the snow up! Hilarious. And so lovely to see her so elated.

She then had a huge roll about on her back!

Here are the pics:
Take a running leap and get ready to glide
Take a running leap and get ready to glide
Sleeeeeeedge!!!
Sleeeeeeedge!!!
Then rock and roll!!!
Then rock and roll!!!
We then walked a few more of our lovely RR dogs and then went back to Missie’s place to pick her up for the afternoon. Joy!
She is here as I type. We have enjoyed lots of cuddles and catching up on today’s rehomings on the forum. .
Missie is so pleased for her friends Poppy and Bruce and Lucky, but she would REALLY like her forever home now.

I have told her that the right home will come for her soon and that in life we sometimes just need to wait to find the right people for each of us. She understands and remains patient. Here are some Live Photos:
Loving some cuddles and catching up on last night’s TV
Loving some cuddles and catching up on last night’s TV
Enjoying a nice stretch out.
Enjoying a nice stretch out.
Off in the land of nod now. Snoring with contentment
Off in the land of nod now. Snoring with contentment
Come on forever home. All these cuddlies, content moments and fun times could be yours...
anne

Post by anne »

Missy enjoyed a lovely long walk with her best mate, Stuart, this morning, accompanied by Hilbre and Roxy and Monty and I. All three dogs behaved beautifully around each other, making for a very relaxed walk for all of us, dogs and humans.
DSCF2536.jpgmissymonty.jpg
DSCF2534.jpgmissymonty.jpg
DSCF2533.jpgmissymonty.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Missie decided she would join Lynds and I at the pub for a Good Friday treat. She loved it. She was very chilled in the pub and enjoyed strokes while we chatted away. A woman came up to ask if she could say hello and then came back for more strokes when on her way back from the bar. Missie loved the fuss and the woman was charmed by Missie too (I mean who wouldn't be?!). It truly was a good Friday. love4.gif
Just look at that beautiful face
Just look at that beautiful face
Yes Lynds I will go to the pub with you again
Yes Lynds I will go to the pub with you again
Are those Twiglets ?
Are those Twiglets ?
I'll show the locals my gorgeous belly!
I'll show the locals my gorgeous belly!
Glossy lady
Glossy lady
I can still see Twiglets....
I can still see Twiglets....
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Kim and I had the pleasure of walking Missie today.
This lovable dog with eyes that melt my stony heart, took us on a relaxed walk.
Missie walks well to heel and is good with other dogs. We were passed by cyclists, motorbike, lorries and she didn't mind seeing a squirrel.
She had a few rolls in long grass, drank from puddles and climbed on the big rock that Fredds likes.
Missie enjoyed her cuddles and treats.
Thank you Missie for the walk of the day.
20180415_113927.jpg
20180415_120700.jpg
20180415_120709.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”