Miko Akita x Staffie DOB 2012 High Wycombe

Dogs that have found their forever home
sweetpea

Re: Miko Akita x Staffie DOB 2012 High Wycombe

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely update. ...just shows how patience and understanding pays off in bucket loads :thanks.gif: :goodjob.gif: woo.gif]
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

We've moved house and miko loves the new place. He stays on the ground floor (when we are in) and loves his private space behind the table to sleep in. There were thunderstorms when we moved and he came up to the bedroom and slept in the corner but after being sent downstairs the following morning he's just been waiting downstairs, first at the bottom of the stairs but now he doesn't often leave his bed until its walk time! He's settled amazingly well, don't know why I was worried as he settled well out of kennels. His summer coat is coming through nicely at last so he's panting less and I think may have more brown spots than last year. Might me. Something to do with the fact we are feeding him more fishy foods for the omega as recommended by the vets. I'll try posting pictures when I've got the time.
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Lovely to read Miko updates! He is such a happy boy is forever-home-land! thumbs.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Miko is now the proud big brother of our baby (human) girl. He's kept a respectful distance, just a couple of sniffs and loved all the visitors. I'll post some pictures on Facebook. Anyone is welcome to add them to this forum unless I get round to doing it first.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Congratulations :cool.gif:
xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Unfortunately miko was attacked by a larger offlead dog yesterday morning when we were all out for a pavement walk. The owner let their dogs out to go to the car and we were out of view behind a truck. He's got 2 deep puncture wounds bites all over the top of his head and one puncture hole to the side of his head but was lucky to not get his eyes or ears injured. He's on twice daily antibiotics, antinflatories and an iodine wash was. Shaved but didn't need any stitches. The other dog bit his owners hand as he broke up the fight and they are paying the vet bill. He's enjoying the extra treats and attention and his wounds are healing well as he's sleeping due to the heat. He's still enjoying his walks but pulling again when he was walking to heal last week.
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

So sorry to hear that Miko was hurt. That must have been terrifying. Hope he heals quickly xx
pits

Post by pits »

So sorry too to hear about Miko, I hope he's back to feeling 100% normal and good again soon.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Mikos cuts healed quicker than the vets said and, even though there abvious to me I had to tell strangers miko said hello to to mind the top of his head as they couldn't tell. He's a bit sad today as he's finished his coure of antibiotics so no loger gets special treatment of yogurt coated tasty kibble twice a day. Yesterday he waited until the evening to eat in the hope of something tastier! He doesn't seem any more nervous on walks either so all is good here angel13.gif]
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

So glad he’s feeling better , bless him.
Hope you’re ok too, it’s very scary when your dog gets attacked by other dogs and really knocks your confidence

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”