Morgan Staffie DOB 10.10 Southampton

Dogs that have found their forever home
Ian Bridgette

Morgan Staffie DOB 10.10 Southampton

Post by Ian Bridgette »

xxlynne
Forum Moderator

Homed

Referral Details: Another call from staffylevi's vet dog bought in to be PutToSleep(PTS) for being over exuberant. Living with other staffies and good with kids. Vets holding until Monday for us until we made a decision.

staffylevi collected Morgan on Monday and they are fostering until they can bring him in at the weekend

staffylevi

Yep, two-year-old Morgan landed in the 'staffylevi' household on Monday evening after being kept by our vets over the weekend. He was brought in on Saturday to be PTS for being too boisterous. He was castrated six weeks ago, our guess, to calm him down.

His first night with us was an anxious one for him; drooling loads and panting heavily and wasn't interested in any food; poor lad needed lot's of reassurance and TLC. He definitely hasn't had any training whatsoever and little time has been spent on him. We think he's been chastised a lot for whatever reason we have no idea! We certainly have no reason to tell him off - he's a wonderful lickle lad! :D

When I picked him up from the vets I was given mixed views as to whether he was good with other dogs despite having lived in a multiple dog household; he lived with a 2-year-old staffy bitch (neutered) and two seven-month-old pups; one male, one female (uneutered!) Mad We think he could possibly be the father.

He has come out of his shell a bit now and absolutely loves the girls especially Cassie. He follows them around and is learning new doggie skills. Yesterday it appeared he didn't know how to play or wouldn't play, today he was in full staffy play mode with Lil in the garden. :D

There is no way this little lad, and he is very small, is boisterous; far from it!! He is totally gawjus; a pocket-sized lad with the biggest of smiles. He has no aggression; not with food, toys or treats. We took him up to the big field with the girls last night and he was off-lead running with the pack and didn't once try to run off; he just had a thoroughly good time! ;)

He is housetrained, travels wonderfully in the car and doesn't seem to mind being crated. Such a sweet sweet boy who adores to be cuddled and loved but can sometimes get a little worried if a voice is raised. Lot's of reassurance and some training will work wonders for this little man.

A few pics ... Enjoy! x

With Cassie

With Cas 'n' the girls

More pics and a vid to follow...

staffylevi

More pics as promised...

Morgan with Lee

With Lois (see how small he is! :)

Video: Morgan & Cassie - sound up!

staffylevi

I have to tell you guys we are very sorely tempted ... Â hot over you Rolling Eyes This little man is just adorable. Â Wink I really love Morgan's name but I keep wanting to call this little chocolate coloured bundle 'Teddy' as he reminds me very much of a snuggly, cuddly teddy bear.

We took him to the vets tonight to have his booster vax and he behaved impeccably, not a mumur. Â :D He weighed in at a very healthy 19.4kg. There is a slight discrepancy over his age due to him having two vaccination cards with different D.O.B's on but the vets say he's between 18mths and 2-years-old, defo no older. He's very puppy-like; play, sleep, eat; play, sleep, eat; he even wees like a puppy, bless him! x

The other day I gave him a bath then a brush and he was fabulous; I so wish we had elastic walls!!

He follows me around all the time but is happy to be in the garden with the girls or in his crate of a night. He's learning a few new commands as the poor wee lad doesn't even know the basics but he'll get there! I'm hoping to take him to a training class to see how he goes... anyway, here are some more pics from today for you to enjoy of this gawjus gawjus gawjus boy! Smitten or what??? ;) ;)

With Lois and Cas (his 'Cougar' - he's taken a shine to her!) :D

With Jasmine in the 'big' armchair x

In the garden with his new pals

Cos' you're gawjus...

And the little one said... 'Roll over!'

'Roll over!'

Deep in staffy conflab with Lois :D

'I wanna tell you a story...'

That's all for now folks...

ruuth

I bet he feels like he's gone to heaven, surrounded by a harem of beautiful bitches!

montyjack

Sounds like someone is a bit smitten with the boy ;) ;)

ladylou
Forum Moderator

Wow, he's slotted straight in there Marie. :D

staffylevi

Morgan is settling well now; on Friday I had work and he was left (crated) for six hours; I left him with some water and toys including a Nylabone and he was absolutely fine. When Lee came home we all went up the big field and then to the pub where Morgan was a very good boy and lapped up all the attention lavished on him.

Over the back from where we live there is masses of wild wasteland and forest so we took Morgan and the girls over there early this morning and he absolutely loved it! He busied himself exploring here, there and everywhere but he came back every time he was called, not straight away but for a dog that's had no training at all coming back is a fete in itself... he's learning! ;)

Morgan man is coming into his own allowing his true personality to shine through... not such a worried, shy little man that came to us nearly a week ago but a beautiful, friendly, loving lad. He had his second bath today as he's had scurf (now all gone) and he smells and looks even more adorable; the fur on his head is like opulent plush chocolate velvet... just scrummy!

I'm planning to take him training on Wednesday but he's gaining new skills everyday including sit, wait and stay; yep, it's back to basics for this wee man; with a bit of time he'll get there!! :D

No pics from today's walk he was far too busy... this one's from yesterday's walk! :D

staffylevi

Morgan is off to Norfolk...unfortunately not into his forever home but for a break with us and the girls for a week.
We've rented a house near to the coast and this adorable sheer delight hunk of a staffy boy is coming with us that's if he isn't snapped up in the meantime!! ;) ;)

Hayleycakes

I think he is absolutely Scrummy and what a lucky boy landing on his feet with you!!! :biggrin.gif:

staffylevi

Just look how scrummy this lil' man is... :D

LindaH

Now THAT IS SCRUMMY! Absolutely delicious. Have a lovely holiday Morgan with all your girls, you lucky boy xx

staffylevi

Morgan 'n' Cas had a ball in Norfolk; Morgan loved being at beach and got very excitable chasing the waves and the girls... :smiley-rolleyes010.gif: He was so very well behaved and loved every minute of his stay. Here's a vid for you all to enjoy! x

Video: Morgan 'n' Cas's Holiday. Sound Up!

David SW8

Now that's a gawjus pack! I loved the video and seeing Morgan having the time of his life, well, thank God the vet knew who to call so he can live to a ripe old age. Lovely chap.

anne

I love the photo of all the Staffies lined up. What a happy gang! Looks like Morgan got a stroke of luck sharing in all that fun in the staffylevi household.

staffylevi

Morgan will be coming into kennels on Sunday and will be met by what will hopefully be his 'forever' family. :D Morgan, it's been a blast!!! Mwwaaauuhh! xxx

Good luck lickle man...xx

Well Morgan is on his way to Southampton with Ian, Brigette and their 12-month-old gawjus staffy girl Penny. Yep, our lil' man is going home! Image

While doing Morgan's homing we just happen to look at his vaccination card and found out that today is Morgan's 2nd birthday. Happy Birthday to you Morgan Chops; not only was it amazing to know Morgan was being homed on his birthday but we were :o when we found out that is also Brigette's birthday - WOWZER!!
Image Morgan and Bridgette. :) :)

We took Morgan and Penny on a lovely walk past lakes and through woods; Penny is a very laid-back staffy and her and Morgan took everything in their stride - we're sure they are going to be the best of friends; perfectly matched in size and weight... and they just make the most adorable lookin' couple to boot!

Good luck Morgan Chops, we'll miss  you and thank you Ian, Bridgette and Penny we hope you have a great life together! Chuffed!! x

A few pics...

Morgan with his new bezzie mate Penny xxx

With his new mum 'n' dad

xxlynne
Forum Moderator
Rejoice Rejoice Image

goodvic2

Big thanks to Lee and Marie.

What a wonderful end to a super foster.

Be happy Morgan
Xx

staffylevi

Just opened a lovely email from Ian & Bridgette...

Morning Marie & Lee
Morgan has settled down really well, penny however will not leave him alone wanting to play all the time, ( not on in the house ) so it is constantly on at her to leave him alone, Morgan is taking it all in his stride and does not seem bothered at all. When we can get them settled they are fine. Put in a few pictures of there first evening and will keep you updated.
Thank You for Morgan.

Regards Bridgette & Ian

staffylevi

Another lovely update on this gawjus lil' man. x

Hi Marie & Lee

I expect you have been wondering how we are getting on! We cannot say everything is perfect but I think we are getting there. They share chews, food bowls next to each other and beds together no problems at all. Penny keeps initiating play fights and is scratched around her neck and is no longer white!
Morgan seems to play bite more than penny, so has to be watched all the time to stop it before it gets too much, there is no nastiness in it from Morgan or Penny. We do distract them from it and Morgan is so good and stops immediately.

Morgan has also been very vocal on our walk on an old golf course, so needs calming and reassuring. We went to the New Forest today and we let Morgan off for the first time, he shot off like a bullet with penny fast behind him, we called them both and penny returned quickly (Ian said "that's it Morgan's gone!") all of a sudden he came back as fast as he disappeared through the heather bushes, mud, water!! They both had a great time, Penny ended up the same colour as Morgan! ( forgot to take the camera ) They are both fast asleep now! We've also been leaving Morgan for a short time in the kitchen on his own, so he knows we always come back and he does not have to worry, built it up to five minutes now. Anyway that's all for now, I will have to get some more pictures..

Bridgette & Ian

staffylevi

Hi Marie & Lee

A few pictures for you. I need to get my camera skills improved, I've lots of pictures of tails !! Morgan & Penny are doing absolutely fine!!

Thanks

Bridgette & Ian

ClaireG

What FABULOUS pictures!!

staffylevi

Another fabulous update on this special special boy... Way to go Morgan Chops. x

Hi Marie & Lee

Morgan is doing so well, we have been letting him off in the park, he comes back when called every time so far...He is sociable with other dogs and if there is any tension we call him away and he comes.. He was very possessive with a tennis ball initially but by letting him have one every time I took him out, he now drops it for me and lets me throw it for him, which he loves, he still likes to destroy them though so I've bought 88 used tennis balls of Ebay to keep him going!

We go to the New Forest twice a week and he runs and runs and loves it.. I believe Morgan & Penny have sorted out their social standing between each other, they still play, not so rough now, and if Morgan has had enough it stops. And if I have had enough it stops! I probably spoiled penny too much when she was on her own so there have been a few changes but she has accepted them now and loves Morgan being here. He is a bonus, penny loves him and so do we. A few more photos for you.. Hope all is well with you..

Bridgette & Ian

That's them in their blue towels which they have on them after they have been in the forest as they are usually wet through and muddy. They look like they are in a nativity play I thought!!

Ziggy

ClaireG is right..the pictures are stunning..what a gorgeous boy Morgan is :) :)

P.S. Loving the matching blue leisure suits :biggrin.gif:

Ian Bridgette

:) Updating Morgans Profile with a few pictures.

Waking in the snow.

Playing at home.
ht[img]tp://gallery.myff.org/gallery/1490061/IMG_5230+%28640x480%29.jpg[/img]

Resting

This is the life.

minnieandlola

Schmaaaaazzzzzing!! Xx wonderful pics, such a gorgeous boy and penny is so pretty!! Xx

Do what makes your heart smile!! X

Penny

OMG they've killed Tigger!! :rotfl.gif:
Lovely, happy photos. love7 Must be love, love, love :smiley-love029.gif:

Ian Bridgette

Penny is a little minx, much better behaved since Morgan joined the family.....

Toys don't last long in this house!!

ladylou
Forum Moderator

What fabulous pictures. xx

color=#0000FF]staffylevi
Member[/color]

Brilliant update Bridgette. He is just a joy! They look so good together. Give him a hug from us. xx

Ziggy

Cool Photos ..wonderful to read these updates :) :)

Hoonercat

We had the absolute pleasure of meeting Morgan at the weekend when Bridgette & Ian were kind enough to not only drop off food from MontyJack but also bring 2 big boxes full of toys for the Godstone dogs. animated-smileys-easter-002 I really can't get my head around how anyone could have taken him to the vets to be put to sleep just because he was too boisterous, this lad is adorable, loads of face licks then he was stood up on a chair so he could give Chelsey the face wash treatment as well Morgan and Penny are a wonderful pair of Staffies.

Ian Bridgette

I told my mum its about time you updated my blog, she said she would put some photos on for me!!!

Our favourite seat.

Sharing a lolly with my best friend.

What I do best.

Penny hiding.

This chair not bad either

Me and Lyla.

I'll try not to leave it so long next time Love Morgan x

MrsP
Forum Moderator

Gorgeous pair xxxx

staffylevi

I was only thinking about the lovely Morgan Chops just the other day and was looking at the photos of us all in Norfolk. He's looking well guys; lovely to hear he's doing great; please pass on a big hug from us all and to Miss Money Penny of course. xxx

LindaH

All those pictures of him are absolutely gorgeous, especially the ones where he is sleeping :D and the one where he is sat at the open patio door surveying the surroundings. He looks like he has always been with you and he is right at home :) :)

Ian Bridgette

In the New Forest.
In the New Forest.
IMG_5129 (640x480).jpg
IMG_5124.JPG
staffylevi

Re: Morgan Staffie DOB 10.10 Southampton

Post by staffylevi »

Hi Guys
How's Morgan doing?
Doin' it for the staffies ...

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”