Sidney Parson's JRT DOB 01.10.09 Near Canterbury

Dogs that have found their forever home
David SW8

Re: Sidney Parson's JRT DOB 01.10.09 Near Canterbury

Post by David SW8 »

Sid has joined a training course in our village run by his dog walker. It was his second week in with a mixed ability group. He loves it. There is nothing he doesn't love about it. The class is held in a field that normally houses free range chickens and sheep so there are amazing smells, he gets to spend time with Kevin his walker and there are sausages on offer as treats. He is whip smart and is good at picking up tricks. Well, when he chooses to.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. Gilder Radner
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Sidney came to the end of his training course at the weekend. He is such a good dog and was easy to train to walk at heel, manoeuvre, stay, recall etc. He loves the class so have enrolled him onto the next one. His peculiarity is at the start of the class he is so excited he has to have a mad run at the end of his long lead going around in circles like a loon. Only then can he concentrate. He is such a character.

This is him at the end of a long day. I may be a bit biased but I can't help thinking he is a handsome chap.
image.jpeg
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. Gilder Radner
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Long time no update from Sid. All well and he has turned the grand old age of 7. Enjoys being top dog in the house, long walks with the possibility of finding something to chase, weekly dog classes and two visits a week from his best pal Kevin the dog walker. He has lost none of his cheek, far from it.

Peter got home after a class today and had to go hunting for Sid. He was so comfy in bed that he really could not be faffed getting up, jumping off the bed and walking downstairs to say hello. Instead he stayed in his envelope of comfort aka my side of the bed and waited, tail frantically wagging, for Peter to find him.

Completely and utterly spoiled and completely loved.
IMG_5722.JPG
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Sid would like to complain to Auntie Lynne that his stupid humans have stopped feeding him treats and cut back on the carbs he has been eating. It's just not fair. Mind you, he is now a lot more sprightly and up for the chase. Poor Sid easily gains weight, unlike Todd, so it'll be more veggies than rice in with his meat from now on.

Long walks this weekend exploring fields where sheep have been grazing and checking out the new crops growing. Both he and Todd took full advantage of Peter as a pillow
IMG_5928.JPG
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Great update and photos .... :cool.gif:
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Thanks Sweetpea!

Sid has been hard at it across the Holiday Season working in tandem with his partner in crime to maximise any opportunity for tag team cuteness resulting in treat giving. You'd never believe they were anything other than charm personified would you?
Sid and Todd.jpg
It was a cold and foggy morning out here in Kent today which took it out of Sid
Sid Bed.jpg
What you can't see is a roaring wood stove about a foot from his feet. This is his favourite spot in the world during the cold months as he loves to be warm and toasty when the rest of the world is not. The funny thing is come the summer he likes to be cool. He really is a very English dog.

Another of his favourite spots
Sid couch.jpg
And this is the face that you get when he knows that it is time dinnertime and his silly humans have lost track of time. Again.
Time for dinner.jpg
And to prove he does not spend his entire life in the house here he is checking out the sheep who have moved into a field just behind us. His tail tells you just how interested he is!
Sid Sheep Bobbin.jpg
He is still a really happy chappy - loves a mad run in a big circle when given the chance and has bags of character. Stubborn as a mule mind you. How unlike a Terrier!
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

It has been four years since the cheeky monkey came to us as a foster and then forever. Time has flown by in some ways and in other ways it feels as if he has been with us forever. He is a real tonic as you have to work hard to be sad around him as he loves life with a passion that is infectious. He knows his rights so dinner has to be served by 7pm, walks by 7am and 5pm and back rubs on demand.

Out for a walk in an orchard near us
IMG_6499.JPG
With his playmate and housemate Todd this evening sitting on what would be the naughty step if we had one.
IMG_6498.JPG
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Haha love that last pic ....lovely long overdue update. ... woo.gif] the boys look fab ...keep up the good work humans... :goodjob.gif: :smiley-dance017.gif: thumbs.gif woo.gif] :smiley-bounce016.gi:
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

:smiley-chores002.gif: wonderful Sidney love you
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Sid loves Goose Grass. Sid is very happy that new Goose Grass is growing. Sid is happiest when you pick the newest Goose Grass and hand feed him. Sid is spoiled rotten.
IMG_6543.JPG
IMG_6542.JPG

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”