Dogs that have found their forever home
Peregrine

Re: Sidney Parson's JRT DOB 01.10.09 Vauxhall

Post by Peregrine »

Happy Birthday, to dear Sid :smiley-gen132.gif:
David SW8

Re: Sidney Parson's JRT DOB 01.10.09 Vauxhall

Post by David SW8 »

Been a while since I updated Sid's blog. The good news is he is a cracking little Terrier and there is no bad news!

He had his annual check-up in July and we had a rap across the knuckles as he had gained a couple of kilos so since then he has been on a diet. To say he is less than impressed is an understatement and each meal time is met with complete excitement and unalloyed joy with vertical leaps and squeals of happiness. He can vertical leap a heck of a lot further than he could 6 weeks ago.....

This is him waiting with Todd for dinner to be made. Pity you can't hear the grumbles that there were coming from here which signals that his Highness is feeling peckish.
IMG_3278.JPG
This past year has seen him become a lot less aloof and he actively seeks out our company whereas in the past he would often prefer to spend time alone before joining us. Don't know if this is due to him becoming older or him realising that he is lumbered with us for the duration. Probably a bit of both knowing him.
IMG_3338.JPG
He is really amazing with other dogs and there really is only one that he is not thrilled to see when we are in the park. We set off walking last Sunday and a stray appeared as if out of nowhere. Cody was not impressed and Sid was over the moon so the poor little thing hung around us. Good news is that a neighbour heard the barking, of excitement, saw me trying to control the situation and came running with a lead. We took all three to the park where they mingled and calmed down before I took him to Battersea. Sid was brilliant with him and the good news is that although he did not have a tag his chip was updated and he was collected by his worried family later that day.

He is a happy little chap and goes by the name of Sidder, Squid and Sid depending on what he is up to. Mostly it is mischief. Can't do anything but love him as he is just full of confidence, cheerfulness, inquisitiveness and cheek. He really is his own character and revels in being able to be himself.
IMG_3326.JPG
IMG_3325.JPG
IMG_3366.JPG
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. Gilder Radner
David SW8

Re: Sidney Parson's JRT DOB 01.10.09 Near Canterbury

Post by David SW8 »

We've made a long awaited move out of London and have settled in a village called Chartham which is about four miles along the River Stour from Canterbury. Still need to get the fencing sorted before they have full reign of the garden so in the meantime lots of lovely walks through the fields and up into the hills that surround us.

Sid is in his element snuffling around hedgerows, ditches and the like. Give it a year and he will know every inch of his new patch and don't forget it is HIS patch:)
image.jpg
image.jpg
Snoozy Sid
Snoozy Sid
He is the most gorgeous, feisty, alive, funny and characterful chap that you can't fail to love.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. Gilder Radner
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Sid being very curious about what I was up to in my office today. Todd had seen enough to realise it wasn't worth getting out of bed for.
image.jpeg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Love 'em !

Happy countryside living boys :biggrin.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Life in the sticks is working for Sid. He is a fan of mad runs on the long lead, chasing smells in the hedgerows and having much more freedom than London could offer him. We even managed to tire him out last Sunday with a yomp down the valley, back up it and along the hills home.

Todd could have walked it twice....

Couple of pics of him looking ridiculously handsome and doing a squint as Todd's tail was whacking him around the face.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
He is a lovely dog.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Simply love that last photo David :)
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

I'm way overdue for an update on Sid. Happy to be able to report that he is doing well, same old cheek, same old self-assured Terrier who as time is marching on is becoming a little less aloof and a lot more cuddly. I now get ear nibbles a few times a week and he always seeks one of us out for some cuddle time every day. He has a special way of sitting where he plonks himself down next to you and then shuffles backwards until his back is up against you with his front feet in-between his back feet. This is a "Sid Sit" and it happens whenever the opportunity for some close time is there. It means so much when he decides to come and cuddle and he really does love being snuggled up.

Dawn is arriving earlier each day and that means Sid is up earlier and earlier. Not quite as bad as his first summer with us when he was up with first light regardless of hour but still earlier than we could hope for at the weekend. Once he is back home from a walk then he shuffles upstairs back to bed until breakfast is served, then a quick game of Terrier play with Todd and then off to bed for another snooze with the odd woof at some noise just to prove he is still on duty. It's not a hard life.

He loves heading up into the woods near us and tracking down whatever has gone ahead of him - he almost caught a pheasant in the long grass the other week and I'm not sure who was the most surprised; either the Pheasant that she had been found or Sid that she was just sitting there before exploding in noise and feathers.

He is so self-assured, happy and cool. Very different to Todd in many ways and that means that they complement each other. They get along well and have learned who is in charge (Sid), who can hump who (Sid) and who decides the timing of walks (Sid). In return he allows Todd to be very in his face when playing so it all evens out in the end. They both love the fact that we are in a house rather than a one-bed flat as there are stairs to be run up and down and oh so many places where you can get up to mischief without being seen. The new fencing in our garden is being installed next month so they will have a good few metres to be able to hoon around in - I can't wait to see them having some freedom outside.

He still would like to chase bikes, sheep, men in Hi-Viz and, a new one, a miniature Pony as she has food given to her by us and do we not realise that Sid always has first call on it? :D

Some pics of my pal.
Asleep on the couch this evening
Asleep on the couch this evening
Showing off his "Down"
Showing off his "Down"
Deciding if he could squeeze through the gate at Chilham Castle and get to the ducks.
Deciding if he could squeeze through the gate at Chilham Castle and get to the ducks.
In the forest yesterday (honestly there was a footpath and we were not trampling over Bluebells!)
In the forest yesterday (honestly there was a footpath and we were not trampling over Bluebells!)
Raring to go
Raring to go
More under than over the rainbow
More under than over the rainbow
Looking ridiculously cute on an evening walk
Looking ridiculously cute on an evening walk
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Lovely to hear from you, glad your boys are liking the countryside around them :D

Love to Sid and Todd x
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Love duly given:) Both of them are very happy with life in the sticks and have found it easy to adjust to having fields to run in and forests to explore.

Sid was up at 6am this morning so he and I went for a long walk to the next village and back. He decided it was snack time next to a pond
image.jpeg
He is now curled up on the couch next to Peter while Todd is looking for trouble. Same as it ever was.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”