Todd Parson's JRT DOB 08.08.09 Nr Canterbury

Dogs that have found their forever home
David SW8

Re: Todd Parson's JRT DOB 08.08.09 Vauxhall SW London

Post by David SW8 »

We are back in France and c/o a heatwave it’s 41°C here today. Have just had a new couch delivered and Todd could barely drag himself into it.
5381157D-5144-4A7B-968D-E19EF07428EA.jpeg
Sid is in the bedroom, where the shutters are closed, lying on the bed with a fan playing on him. Can’t blame him as it is a tad warm.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. Gilder Radner
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Todd turned 10 today. Can’t really believe he is 10 although the rapidly whitening face gives it away. Peter took him to his favourite field this afternoon, stick field, so he took great delight rolling around with sticks in his mouth, chasing them and just being a hoodlum. He also managed to grab a carcass of something long dead so has had a telling off and a chew.

He is just back from 2 and a bit weeks in France where he has been a Hot Toddy in 40+°C weather and now totally owns the hamlet we are in (helped by Sid obviously). He also loves that there is a peach tree in the garden as it gives him something to do scouting around to find the green ones that have fallen off and then get a treat off us for dropping it. We are being played like a fiddle.

French pet passport in the works for him, and Sid, so he can keep travelling after a no-deal Brexit. He’ll need to learn to stand for La Marseillaise.

He is not mad keen on other new dogs but walked past one last week who was giving him a good telling off without answering back. Good boy Toddy. He remains incredibly loving and his favourite place is either sat next to one of us on the couch or with his head on one of our pillows at night. Took me a while to get used to waking up to see him staring at me at close range and not think I’d had a visit from a weird offshoot of the mafia.

I can’t say what a lovely character he is and how much we love him.
Looking contemplative on Peter’s lap
Looking contemplative on Peter’s lap
With a French Stick
With a French Stick
His “Can I have a chest rub please” face
His “Can I have a chest rub please” face
With a treasured green peach
With a treasured green peach
Rolling for the sheer joy of it on his 10th Birthday
Rolling for the sheer joy of it on his 10th Birthday
He really is a handsome dog
He really is a handsome dog
Celebrations this weekend as all a bit flat after the loss of Cody this week. Liver, a chicken curry and cheese on the menu for him (his three favourite foods) and a bit more fuss just to make sure he feels loved.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. Gilder Radner
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Awww, happy birthday Todd xxx
Love how well you have trained your humans thumbs.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

10 years today fantastic Todd enjoy everyone...Love to Sidney
David SW8

Re: Todd Parson's JRT DOB 08.08.09 Nr Canterbury

Post by David SW8 »

All is well with Todd and he is just about behaving himself. We adore the bones of him and he is a real companion dog - never far behind you and always next to you once you sit down. I hope 2020 brings all good things to RR:
Knee deep in the River Stour
Knee deep in the River Stour
Absolutely furious that a C. A. T. was on TV
Absolutely furious that a C. A. T. was on TV
Cuddled up next to Sid
Cuddled up next to Sid
Ten years old and handsome as ever
Ten years old and handsome as ever
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely photos as usual .... Kiss of love.gif
Happy new year to you all bighug.gif
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

It is 9 years today since Todd came to us and despite all of the horrible things happening to us we are still celebrating. He is the loveliest of beings who I give thanks for every day (along with Sid) even when he is having a Todd moment. Still loves his walks, liver for dinner and cuddling up next to one of his humans.

I'm off now to serve him and Sid a special treat of a roast which I know will go down well.

Lynne - thank you again for saving him. I'm forever in your debt.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Happy belated gotcha day lovely boy Kiss of love.gif bighug.gif
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

It’s been an odd few months for all of us hasn’t it? The only really positive thing to come out of lockdown has been able to spend longer with Todd and Sid. Todd spends the day with me upstairs in my office snoozing away and keeping an eye on what I’m up to. He is a very good boy and only occasionally asks to sit on my lap, and when he does I can’t say no.

He Is as fit as a fiddle but beginning to look his age with ever more white on his face. His right eye is as good as circled in white now. He can still put on a turn of speed and leap to my shoulder, just not as stamina as before. He is an absolute joy.
C3C0326D-E4A3-42B4-AB88-89C3CDA1D22C.jpeg
64D43AE1-B207-40CF-80FB-B2055C374A5F.jpeg
0B475922-7E6C-4515-A5A1-DF068B9A44FB.jpeg
F59D7F03-5E60-425B-950C-450E77FA783C.jpeg
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

It’s his birthday today and incredible to think he is 11. Time has flown and I still think of him as a teenager.

We made it to France a few weeks ago and he had a couple of weeks pottering around town, zonked our on the couch, walking miles on the country paths near us and patrolling the garden fence to keep any other dogs in the field well away.

He loved watching TV, especially when there are other woofers on the screen
28F948FE-7BBF-4D43-A341-76E926DAEFDD.jpeg
These were taken this morning in the garden after his walk. Note after his walk. He still has a lot of energy.
408AF1E4-0A97-49DD-A703-1B2168716C9B.jpeg
923CAE7B-52CD-45E8-9CF2-6AC210326265.jpeg
D8456EEC-4010-4B48-B452-6690E175AA86.jpeg
CBB5DD33-4C8F-492E-A857-F36A6DE4C5DB.jpeg
DAB24DD8-43AA-4952-AF09-B882C2C1FF25.jpeg
As is usual for his celebration days he will have liver for dinner which makes him the happiest dog in the world - once he knows liver is on the menu he just can’t rest and will spend hours staring into the kitchen to see what is happening with it.

He is a truly lovely soul and we adore him. He has grown into an incredibly loving dog who wants to be with his pack as much as possible. Working from home has meant I’ve had longer with him and Sid which has been the only good thing to come from Covid.

Thank you to all who kept him safe until we found each other and happy birthday Todd.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”