Rufus Staffie DOB 02.12 Wakefield Yorkshire

Dogs that have found their forever home
Rescue Remedies

Rufus Staffie DOB 02.12 Wakefield Yorkshire

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Oct 03, 2012 8:10 am

Homed
Rufus52.jpg

Referral Info: Staffie - entire Male - Approx 8 months. He is a young pup who needs training. He is bored in kennels and will mouth for attention. He has been in kennels a while & really needs a good run! he is good with other dogs. He is fully vaxed & will be neutered if offered a space. He will go to BatterseaDogHome if not placed.

Rufus is one of 30 Staffies (There was 40 at the beginning of the week) who need a Rescue Place urgently with a pound losing its contract with the council. He is the lucky one this week we will try to help a few more next week but alas most will lose their lives.. Rufus comes into us Saturday

Rescue Remedies

Re: Rufus Staffie DOB 02.12 Wakefield Yorkshire

Posted by John Fowle Posted: 06 Oct 2012

Gosh! Rufus was so pleased to be on his way out of the those kennels in Enfield. What an excited boy....I could hardly secure him into the car. But as soon as we were "on the road" he settled down on the back seat....well, for most of the time....and when he wasn't there he was washing my face in gratitude to RR for giving him LIFE.

We were met at Godstone by lots of RR walkers, and he was immediately taken out before he was served lunch in his kennel.

This little lad is full of energy and such fun....but he needs a loving home to feed him up and give him the opportunity to develop into a truly handsome young man....kennel life is really not for puppies.
Rescue Remedies

Posted by Nina 06 Oct 2012

Bless this little Boy!!!   What a sweetie, so grateful for his walk, his kisses and actually rather happy to see his dinner too  :Mrgreen:

He's very handsome, has the most amazing smile and truly beautiful coat, love him already  :wink2:
Rescue Remedies

Posted by Anne 08 Oct 2012

Walked the very handsome boy Rufus today. He really is a bit confused at the moment but boy was he glad to be out and about. We slowed right down so Rufus had time to look around and sniff about and he calmed right down. He loved every minute of his walk and shows his affection and gratitude through lots of licks. We then let him free in the paddock and he stayed quite close by, very pleased if you called him over and then praised him for keeping all four paws on the ground. He has a lot to learn but he is a willing and very friendly student.
Rescue Remedies

By Admin 15 Oct 2012
meet Rufus!

Rescue Remedies

Posted by Hoonercat 20th Oct. 2012

Our first walk with Rufus today and what a fantastic Staffie he is :D I can't praise this boy enough, he's full of beans when he first comes out of his kennel and takes a while to settle but it's all very friendly, playful energy and so good natured. Rufus got on really well with Tia, he was a bit bouncy for her at first but soon calmed when she told him to so she let him say hello and after that was very relaxed with him. Rufus is so desperate to play with Tia but it was only their first meeting today so I tried not to encourage it, though he was allowed to chase Tia all round the field while on an extender lead. Lovely, lovely Staffie and so very handsome, can't see him being with us for long.
Unfortunately he was far too interested in playing to sit still for a photo :Mrgreen:

Rescue Remedies

Posted by Nina 28th Oct. 2012
I adore Rufus. He is a young, cheeky and very chatty Staffie Boy !!  He is excited to get out of his kennel and shot out the door, but calmed when he realised we were off for a walk with a young lady (the gorgeous Judy). Honestly the noises he made were hilarious, a sort of excited grumble but with a sort of chuckle sound to it - he also had a big smile on his lovely staffie face. Love this boy, he would be a great fun addition to anyone's family.
Oh and have I said what a good looking boy he is !!!

Rescue Remedies

Rufus ...

Rescue Remedies

Posted by xxlynne 10th Nov. 2012

Dan and Donna awoke in alarm this morning and switched it off and shot out of bed, they were in the car by 5.30 and knocking (metaphorically) at our door 9.30  where is he??? we need to meet the acclaimed Rufus!

They witnessed the leaping lord; they witnessed the overtly friendly wizard..and we picked up a lucky horse shoe on route as a very good omen.

Friends eager for news..

There was only one question to be answered...and it was one that Rufus really had to cafrefully consider and his streetcred was at risk

Well?  Are you happy to.....  think carefully....no one is going to adversely judge you Rufus...well?  Whats the question again
Are you happy to become a Yorkshire terrier...a Yorkie?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very happy

Rescue Remedies

Posted by Julie: 10 Nov 2012

Welcome to West Yorkshire Rufus, I will have been a Yorkshire Terrier for 5 years next year.  I am sure you will love it once you get used to the cold.
Me, Holly not forgetting my Mum and Dad send our love to you from Bradford.
Love Alfie (Sid) :lol:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”