Charlie Lurcher x Labrador DOB 02.11 Isleworth

Dogs that have found their forever home
dogsbodies1

Re: Charlie Lurcher x Labrador DOB 02.11 Godstone Kenns

Post by dogsbodies1 »

Well I got to walk Charlie on Saturday and it really did feel like a treat! I haven't walked him in ages because he is such a popular boy with all the Saturday walkers. But this week was my turn. Woo

We headed straight for the rabbit paddock and my word did we have fun. Charlie LOVES a tennis ball and spent some time with his tennis ball in his mouth just wiggling around on his back in a state of bliss.

I am at a loss to understand why he hasn't been snapped up, I like many others just love this boy to bits. Affectionate, fun, beautiful and excellent company, he is wonderful to be around. We had some lovely cuddles and then headed of for our walk. He was good as gold, easy to walk and so well mannered. Come on forever home make yourself know as we would all love to see our wonderful Charlieboy happily ensconced in his own home. love4 love7 love4
dogsbodies1

Post by dogsbodies1 »

Charlie awoke in a wonderful mood this morning, lots of play mouthing ensued. Unfortunately I only managed to capture the tail end of his play, as the phone was out of reach and I didn't want to interrupt him.

Charlie then turned his attention to Tia. In the house she is still a bit nervous of his size, he wants to play-mouth but he could probably fit her head into his mouth, plus he has a huge appetite.  :D

The boiler repair man knocked shortly after. I wasn't sure how Charlie would react to a stranger coming in to the house, should have known though. :laugh2: The poor man had hardly set foot through the front door before he was accosted for licks and cuddles :laugh2: He was only here for 20 minutes but that was all the time it needed for him to fall for Charlie, and he was sooo tempted when he found out that Charlie was looking for a home as he has a rescued BoxerStaff female at home who he thought would love having Charlie around - unfortunately he didn't think his wife would approve though.
While we were chatting Charlie again tried to get Tia to play, this time she was much more relaxed and receptive, showing him her belly twice. Charlie was nuzzling and nibbling her while play growling, Tia quite happy to lie on her back and let him do so, until Charlie nibbled a bit too hard and nearly jumped out of his skin when she told him off :laugh2:
Out on their walks it's the opposite, Tia wants Charlie to play rough but he's happier running rings around her  :laugh2:

dogsbodies1

Post by dogsbodies1 »

It's always difficult returning Charlie to kennels. No, really. It takes me 45 minutes to drive 30 miles from Dartford to the kennels car park, then just as long walking the 50 metres from the car park to Charlie's kennel past his huge fan club  :D  Everyone has to say hello to Charlie, he has such a lovely. welcoming nature that no one can resist, much to his joy as he so loves people. :love4:  Even away from kennels he gets lots of people wanting to say hello to him, I'm use to people wanting to say hello to the smaller Staffies but it is unusual for a bigger dog like Charlie to get so much attention.
So, this morning I broke the golden rule - don't feed Charlie before a car journey :shock: I forgot. :lalala: Ten seconds after pulling away and Charlie jumps in to the passenger seat and plonks his head in my lap - oh oh :roll:  But the lap trick works wonders, I don't know why but he never vomits in the car when he has a lap to rest his head upon, he just falls asleep. Phew  :woo:
Here is a video of Charlie this morning in the paddock, half way through he rifles the toy box as only Charlie can  :laugh2:

dogsbodies1

Post by dogsbodies1 »

Charlie-boy never fails to lighten up my weekend, he truly is a pleasure to spend time with. Yesterday we stopped off at Pets at Home and just about everyone in the shop must have said hello to him, always amazes me how a dog of his size can seem so approachable to so many people. And of course, in true Charlie style, he did manage to find someone with some treats in her pocket (hope she wasn't a shop lifter :laugh2: ). When we got to the counter the girl at the till started talking to Charlie, who put both paws up on the counter for a face to face. He then spotted a bowl of treats and I grabbed him just as he was about to jump up on to the counter, though he was quick to sit when the girl picked out a treat for him :D
He has been so good out on his walks, meeting other dogs very well, got a telling off from a spaniel yesterday but no reaction from Charlie.
This morning he woke up and was trying to convince Tia that it would be fun to put her whole head into his mouth, but oddly the idea didn't appeal to her, though she did make it up to him later out on their walk.
When we came down stairs this morning the strangest thing happened. Charlie was on-lead as the cats were in, we walked in to the living room to see one cat sitting on the desk and Charlie took no notice, "Good boy!" Then the other cat walked past, 3 feet in front of him, and again he ignored it. We sat down on the sofa and the first cat jumped down from the desk and walked off to the dog flap, I had hold of Charlie but he didn't move an inch, gobsmacked :shock:  We went out in to the garden, cat just a few feet away and Charlie walked past without taking any notice. Back inside, he saw one of the cats through the patio doors and took a run at the glass, ah back to normal :D
Yesterday evening we went shopping and left Charlie on his own for about 2 hours, as always he was fine, no mess or destruction, though he did manage to get hold of one of my Homer Simpson slippers and slobber all over it :laugh2:
This lovely boy has got so much to offer, someone is missing out on a fantastic dog.

dogsbodies1

Post by dogsbodies1 »

I had a great walk with Charlie yesterday. It was beautiful weather and Charlie was enjoying foraging in the hedgerows and snuffling about. Gorgeous boy just wonderful to spend time with. love4 Kiss love4
dogsbodies1

Post by dogsbodies1 »

In the paddock with my favourite boy today, Tia was doing her best to get Charlie to play but he only had eyes for the toy box :animated-smileys-easter-005:

On the way back to kennels he jumped straight in to the car and sprawled himself across Chelsey's lap, what a job I had coaxing him out. Sorry Charlie not your turn this weekend but soon. Let's hope you'll be jumping into someone else's car and off to your forever home before then though.
dogsbodies1

Post by dogsbodies1 »

Charlie had a bit of a surprise yesterday when he came charging out of kennels to say hello to Chelsey and the lovely little Tia, he had to take a step back when he realized that it was actually the lovely little Bria that he'd rushed up to  :laugh2: I'd seen Bria's thread the night before and thought we've got to take her as well, just needed Charlie's agreement which he was happy to give  :woo:
I think it's fair to say that Bria fell head over heels for Charlie, once in the paddock she followed him every where. Charlie was playing it cool at first, pretty much ignoring his tiny admirer while looking for a ball to play with. Then he decided to get all manly and pushed her to the ground before sitting on her  :roll: Bria took the hint and went off to join Tia, at which point Charlie lost his cool exterior and went chasing after her  :laugh2: The pair of them have got on really well over the weekend, though I think Charlie is now the one who is infatuated with his new little girlfriend. On occasion he gets to much for Bria, he is so much bigger than her so she comes running over to me but to Charlie's credit he only has to be told once to leave her alone and he does so.
Out on his walks he has been great. Lovely weather means lots of dogs and Charlie has been meeting them all very well. He can sometimes puff his chest out which can make some dogs uncomfortable, but once you learn to spot the signs you just tell him to move on and he does so. For some reason it's always Patterdales who take exception to Charlie's chest puffing, today we had an off-lead Patterdale come up to Charlie (owner no where in sight) and almost straight away it went for Charlie. Charlie backed away and the Patterdale went at him again, and again Charlie backed away and didn't react at all - he could have quite easily picked the Patterdale up and walked off with it in his mouth but he was sooooo good. The problem is his size and strength, people see him pulling to get to their dog and they assume the worst, yet in all the time I've fostered him he hasn't once 'gone for' a dog, he has always backed away if a dog reacts badly towards him. One woman today did say that she felt intimidated by his size and enthusiasm to say hello, such a shame as once you know him you'll see that he is such a big softy :love4:
dogsbodies1

Post by dogsbodies1 »

Charlie and Bria had a love-in this morning  :wink:

dogsbodies1

Post by dogsbodies1 »

Charlie had a wonderful day today firstly he had a lovely drive in the dog mobile along country lanes for 30 mins and then was first into our vets for a full yearly check over and a vaccination, that he hardly noticed.

He loved being in the front but as the sun was out I decanted him into the small paddock and as I went about my various tasks went looking for him first he was eating grass at the far end and 2nd and 3rd time lying in the grass as peaceful as they come.

We finished up with a new collar and a lovely walk in the sunshine. Lovely boy. haven't capture his stunning looks on camera he is just so much better than my camera can capture ..magnificent!

dogsbodies1

Post by dogsbodies1 »

I agree, it's a complete mystery to me too. How can such a wonderful boy still be waiting?

I love Charlie and it's always a treat when his name appears against mine when we are walking on a Friday.

I think he is growing out of his playful puppy years and is maturing into such a kindly, elegant boy.

Here he is waiting patiently for Cosmo to join him for a walk. Seriously handsome !!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”