Blakey Staffie DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Blakey Staffie DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:04 pm

Current Status: Available
blakey1DSCF0324a.jpg
Blakey's Story: Blakey was signed over to Socuial Services and then into the council pound we do not know the reasoning. Blakey was living with 2 other Staffies and a rabbit and small animals. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Blakey will be neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Blakey is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
blakey2DSCF0318.jpg
blakey3DSCF0319.jpg
blakey4DSCF0320.jpg
blakey5DSCF0325.jpg
Blakey's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Dear Lynne, Thank you so much.
We will be sending Blakey to you. He’s a friendly boy, has been good with dogs and people - used to live with two other staffies and happily with small furries. Blakey was signed over via Social Services. He does lead rag seriously, and try to grab some items being held, but he’s very friendly and there’s no aggression, and kennels report that how they move him to the vets is by giving him a toy to carry. Am S&S
Blakey.jpeg
Blakey2.jpeg
Blakey3.jpeg

anne

Re: Blakey Staffie DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:35 pm

Blakey is a delight. He is very cuddly and friendly but at the moment he is carrying a lot of anxiety. He does grab the lead initially for comfort more than anything, but once we got walking, he left the lead alone the whole time we were out. He can be vocal, also due to anxiety but the longer we walked, the more relaxed he got, the less noise. He is easy to walk, no pulling on the lead and once he started to relax he was stopping to sniff and happily trotting along by my side. He did occasionally pick up a stick to carry. He passed people and other dogs without fuss and loves to be told he is a good boy. We will build his confidence and show him just how much he is loved in RR.
blakey6DSCF0322.jpg
blakey7DSCF0327.jpg

Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:29 pm

So it's safe to say my heart ❤️ has been stolen, again!!
Having not met Blakey before, Anne (who also has a massive soft spot for this lovely boy) kindly helped me get him ready for his walk. Blakey was so welcoming in his kennel, he was very keen to get going and did grab the lead once but it was literally because he didn't know what to do with himself, he was rather stressed so we got going super quick.
So as we walked Blakey tried to relax, but this darling boy is finding things a little overwhelming at the moment, so we just walked. I do chat as I walk and Blakey seemed to like this, he particularly liked gentle words of praise and kind encouragement. I'm pleased to say Blakey also enjoys a treat, he cleaned me out!
I got no lead grabbing or silliness on our walk, Blakey was just pleased to be out, away from kennels and he definitely enjoys human companionship Kiss of love.gif
It was finally time to return and Anne had tidied Blakey's kennel up, all clean and cosy. Blakey very much enjoyed his rub down with a towel, I popped his coat back on and then Blakey decided that I was not going anywhere until we had some proper cuddles bighug.gif Blakey gives fabulous cuddles, he likes to get super close and snuggles right in, he was very hard to leave.
Blakey will flourish under the care of RR and I cannot wait to wave him off into his very own forever home love4.gif love4.gif

anne

Post by anne » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:24 am

Blakey was a little superstar yesterday. He did not grab the leads at all but gave me lovely cuddles and then was keen to get going on his walk. Lovely calm, happy walk despite the mud which Blakey did not seem to mind. He is already much less anxious and just loves the company of people.

Return to “Our Superb Staffies (Staffierescue.co.uk)”