Bonnie (Betzy) Collie DofB 2011 Tadsworth Surrey

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Bonnie (Betzy) Collie DofB 2011 Tadsworth Surrey

Post by xxlynne » Wed May 01, 2019 5:46 pm

Current Status: Homed
DSCF4175.jpgbetzy.jpg
Betzy's Story: Betsy was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Central London council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Betzy is neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Betzy was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF4187.jpgbetzy.jpg
DSCF4185.jpgbetzy.jpg
DSCF4192.jpgbetzy.jpg
Betzy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 28.04.19 Hi Lynne Would you be able to help with these dogs please ?
Betzy female Collie approx 8yrs +, chipped (foreign) poor girl is in need of tlc sore skin, matted and had an untreated ear condition by the look of it. Despite this she’s good round other dogs and had a lovely nature. Found in central London Borough. Can go now. Lx

Betzy arrives 3rd May 19
Betsy.jpeg

Weebs

Re: Betzy Collie DofB 2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Weebs » Sun May 05, 2019 4:36 pm

I met Betzy today - what an absolute DARLING. She's very friendly and gently greeted me and welcomed me into her kennel home. I gave her a shower and bathe with Malaseb shampoo to help her skin and she was an angel. She bowled over everyone she met today with her friendliness, her trustingness (is that a word) and general gorgeousness. love4.gif love4.gif angel13.gif]

anne

Post by anne » Tue May 07, 2019 6:55 am

I fell in love with Betzy on first sight yesterday. She is the loveliest, friendliest girl you could ever meet. Betzy is keen to make friends with everyone she meets and she loves attention and cuddles. Her room is off the walkers room and she draws everyone in to give her cuddles and take her out. She walks beautifully on the lead and is a joy to spend time with. She is beautiful now but when her coat grows back she will look magnificent. Swoon! love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
DSCF4194.jpgbetzy.jpg
DSCF4184.jpgbetzy.jpg
DSCF4179.jpgbetzy.jpg
DSCF4178.jpgbetzy.jpg

Hilbs

Post by Hilbs » Tue May 07, 2019 4:55 pm

Today I met Betzy: I was looking on the board as to who needed walking and I saw this lovely kind face just smiling up at me from her bed and that was decision made. She is absolutely lovely - so gentle, very soft to touch and hard to believe she is 8 with her very young puppy face. As the others have said, she is very affectionate and good with other dogs. We met Freddy on our walk and they were both staring excitedly at one other with tails wagging and greeted each other like old friends.
IMG_Betzy.jpg
Betzy seems to have definitely enjoyed life with other dogs before now so sure she will enjoy walks with other dogs if given the chance. I do hope she doesn't wait long as she stopped and looked into each house we passed and I told her she will have her own home soon. She will be even more beautiful than she is now once her fur has all grown back and she has had the TLC she needs from RR. x

sibirro

Post by sibirro » Thu May 09, 2019 2:51 pm

Betzy was an utter delight to walk this week and we are really pleased she is now reserved
IMG_1072.JPG

xxlynne

Re: Betzy Collie DofB 2011 Tadsworth Surrey

Post by xxlynne » Wed May 15, 2019 5:29 pm

Christine has been wishing away her holiday to come and meet Betzy...today was her first chance and Laura (MrsP) will share all!

MrsP

Re: Betzy Collie DofB 2011 Tadsworth Surrey

Post by MrsP » Thu May 16, 2019 6:50 am

And here she is off on her way home with her new pal little Alfie Heart fill with love.gif]
I was very jealous as Betzy (soon to be Bonnie Christine thinks) is a very special girl.
20190515_153829(1)~2_resized.jpg

lucyloo

Re: Bonnie (Betzy) Collie DofB 2011 Tadsworth Surrey

Post by lucyloo » Fri May 31, 2019 2:24 pm

Sweet Betzy now Bonnie, looking relaxed and happy with Alfie.

IMG_20190524_122038362.jpg

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Fri May 31, 2019 2:44 pm

A lovely photo ...thank you for posting. ..she looks so happy and young bravo1.gif

Weebs

Post by Weebs » Fri May 31, 2019 3:26 pm

woo.gif] love4.gif k2727.gif