Teddie Pom x Pug DofB ?Dec 2019 Gatwick Kenns

Serious discussions are already underway with families on these dogs, or the dogs have been homed on a trial basis with Homing Team Approval
xxlynne

Teddie Pom x Pug DofB ?Dec 2019 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Home Checking
teddie1DSCF0589a.jpg
Teddies' Story: Teddie was given to a family who sired dog was his father. He then bounced around and ended up as a Christmas gift for Granma who wasn't a doggie person and wanted him out the next day as he was barking for her attention. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Teddie is now neutered, chipped, and vaccinations in progress. Teddie is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
teddie2DSCF0586.jpg
teddie3DSCF0591.jpg
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Thank you Lynne. I'd love Teddie to come to you but I don't want to give you a big problem.

Teddie came in on Christmas Eve. He is a year old. The woman had had him one day but was relinquishing due to constant barking and going for her cat. I tried to get some background info but - well the woman was a drinker living in supported accommodation - and the best I could get was that someone - whose name she didn't know - had given her the dog as a Christmas present but it wasn't working out. Teddy is chipped and registered to the breeder. Breeder gave him to the owner of the sire, for whom she has only a name and a telephone number. She doesn't wish to claim him as she has his mum, his auntie, his nephew and Uncle Tom Cobbly ..... (Yes I am going to give her neutering vouchers) I don't know how directly Teddie went from his original home to the lady I got him from or how many homes in between, but quite honestly it doesn't matter. He's better off out of it.

Teddie is a very enthusiastic barker but just wants your attention, which he will jump up at you to get. He was quite submissive with our big dogs, but brave enough to yap back at Jack Russels through a fence. Not neutered or vaccinated of course.

What do you think? Is he one for you?

Oh, and according to the breeder he's a POMMAPUG!!!!!!!!

Dawn

Teddie comes in this week after we have neutered him
Teddie1.jpg
Teddie.jpg
Jojokate

Re: Teddie Pom x Pug DofB ?Dec 2019 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jojokate »

Gawg
anne

Post by anne »

Little Teddie was initially very nervous when I went to meet him today. I asked the kennel staff to pop a harness on him and they told me to speak to him in an excited voice and, hey presto, he jumped onto my lap. Having made friends, I clipped on the leads and we headed out for adventure. Teddie loved exploring around the grounds, happily sniffing here and sniffing there. He jumped up onto the wooden bench for a couple of photos and was happy to take hi treats as a reward. He is a cute, happy little guy.
teddie4DSCF0588.jpg
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

jan took out teddie with eddie & spencer following behind for a trip into smallfield - first impressions are he is slightly bigger than we expected but is cute as a button tho - walks nicely with his tail flopped on top & seems dog friendly and very very human friendly and he absolutely loves cheese- a great first walk (he seems to have plenty of stamina) and a dog who will be v popular with walkers if hes not snapped up quickly
IMG_2740.JPG
IMG_2737.JPG
LyndaM

Post by LyndaM »

Met Teddie on Tuesday what a sweetie. After a few minutes convincing him to allow me to put the leads on we were off towards the village, for a great walk. He is perfect company friendly, inquisitive and fun. We doubled back via a footpath at the back of the bungalows in Smallfield and had to go through a very small stream which Teddie decided he would like to be carried over, which I was happy to do. He is going to make someone a great friend.
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

It was my first time with Teddie yesterday morning and he was a bit barky and unsure when I entered his kennels. He did eventually allow me to put on his leads and off we went. He calmed down a lot out of the kennels. He stopped for cuddles the second we got to the parking lot and what a great cuddle he was! As previous posts mentioned, he was slightly bigger than I thought but he’s still a pretty small dog. His fur is so soft! Despite the rain, he was happy to walk on the pavement – though he didn’t enjoy muddy bits or puddles which we avoided as much as possible. He walked really well with a loose lead and wasn’t bothered by traffic.
20210113_181223s.jpg
20210113_181205s.jpg

Return to “Reserved or on Trial Adoption”