Dinky AmBull DofB 2018 Woking

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Dinky AmBull DofB 2018 Woking

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
dinky1DSCF9616a.jpg
Dinky's Story: Dinky's owner had problems and couldn't keep her with him in temporary accommodation and was struggling to provide for her. A support worker found us and bought her into our care. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Dinky is now neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Dinky was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
dinky2DSCF9609a.jpg
dinky3DSCF9606a.jpg
dinky4DSCF9607.jpg
dinky5DSCF9619a.jpg
dinky6DSCF9636.jpg
Dinky's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Hi F

Thank you so much for getting in touch. Dinky's owner is struggling with drink addiction and so I am supporting him.

I have all the information regarding Dinky. I believe she is quite young as she is very excitable and lively. She hasn't been spayed. She has not seen a vet or been microchipped. I believe she was given to owner by someone.

She can be very affectionate to those she is familiar with but can react to those she is not. She has never bitten anyone but she does bark quite severely when startled and she is never off the lead.

She has been living in one room (temporary accommodation) without access to a garden so she gets walked for miles every day. Whenever possible I give dog food for her but she often shares his meals. Dinky has in no way been mistreated by her present owner but also has not been trained or shown much affection. She can sit and give a paw on command.

Her owner does not want to leave her and I did try to investigate fostering as an option, but because his new accommodation is likely to be for several years, this was only available as a short-term option. Owner is getting increasingly concerned about her wellbeing and I am trying everything to get her taken in somewhere safe for her future.

Please let me know if you need any further information and if you are able to help. Many thanks

Dinky came into our Rescue 31st Oct 2020
dinky2.jpg
Jude&Alf

Re: Dinky AmBull DofB 2018 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jude&Alf »

Dinky is an absolutely beautiful girl who has obviously been very much loved Kiss of love.gif
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Been out with Dinky a few times this week. She is nervous but warms to you very well with a gentle approach.
I didn't know that I had her on the lead at times she was that calm. I snuck into her kennel for a cuddle before I left today and she came straight over which was very warming to the heart.

She seems very good with passing people and dogs and has a very lovely calm nature. Apologies for poop video.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
anne

Post by anne »

I had the pleasure of meeting Dinky last week. She is a little nervous but wants to befriend and I could see her potential shining out.
dinky7DSCF9641.jpg
dinky8DSCF9605.jpg
dinky9DSCF9617.jpg
dinky10DSCF9632a.jpg
dinky11DSCF9622.jpg
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I have walked Dinky several times over the last week and in a very short space of time she has blossomed. The first time I walked her she was a nervous, shy girl who was reluctant to come near me but yesterday when I entered her kennel there was no hesitation, straight over for hello cuddles and sausages 😍. Dinky is a stunning girl, and so gentle. She walks so well on lead, no pulling and whatever pace you wish to go she will happily match. Every now and then she loves you to stop so she can lean in for cuddles. I’ve taken dinky to the paddock a few times but bless her she is unsure what to do and instead of enjoying a good run around at present she prefers to come in close of reassurance and a cuddle. I’m sure it won’t be long though before she learns the joy of playing with a tennis ball. This girl really is a gem and I’m sure her family is just around the corner until then us volunteers will form an orderly queue to walk her as she is rapidly becoming very popular love4.gif love4.gif
Attachments
5E40B96F-E6BF-4417-8E24-5EF17A7E108A.jpeg
April111

Post by April111 »

Great walk with Dinky today.
She’s very easy on the lead not really making the most of her surroundings which hopefully will change as she grows in confidence and trust.
We walked back by the road and whilst Dinky was wary of the cars I stayed between her and the road and when the road was empty Dinky stepped out and took the lead, having more confidence in the quiet surroundings without the cars about.
Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

Beautiful soul love4.gif Kiss of love.gif
HelenR

Post by HelenR »

I had the pleasure of walking this sweetie today, Dinky! She was a bit nervous at first but so good on the lead, completely unphased by other dogs, people and horses that were also out and about in the woods. Occasionally she looked back at me and she enjoyed having a fuss.
20201121_152519.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Dinky AmBull DofB 2018 Woking

Post by xxlynne »

Matt and Pau have been waiting for their very own doggie for a very long time. Dinky was there walking towards them to capture their hearts. What a wonderful day it was today and we all enjoyed the winter sunshine and then on arrival back Eddy came for a walk with us and told Dinky she was being a little too inquisitive and then Robbie came to meet and admire. Dinky was so good with both and found herself HOMED!
IMG_0398.JPG
IMG_0399.JPG
IMG_0400.JPG
Jude&Alf

Re: Dinky AmBull DofB 2018 Woking

Post by Jude&Alf »

Wonderful woo.gif]
Those photos are glorious, I don't think I've ever seen Dinky look so happy and that last pic is just priceless love4.gif
What a lovely happy family, Kiss of love.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”