Bear Border Collie DofB 01.03.18 Horam E Sussex

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
heleny

Re: Bear Border Collie DofB 01.03.18 Horam E Sussex

Post by heleny »

Everything crossed for you, gorgeous Bear. You are an affectionate, lovely character and the most beautiful of dogs - good luck! :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

gsdlover

Post by gsdlover »

What lovely news Heart fill with love.gif]

Hopefully i'll get to see him soon :-)

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Penny , Matt & Amy have enjoyed having Bear with them for the week and decided his little issues are something that they will enjoy helping him grow through. Bear is home... Bear Hugs all round!!!!!!!!!

Penny will post photos

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Yay, congratulations, Bear is a lovely boy bighug.gif bighug.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

anne

Post by anne »

bearDSCF5784a.jpg

KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

Fantastic news! Good luck in your new home Bear, be happy love4.gif :goodluck.gif:

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

He certainly looks happy :smiley-bounce016.gi: 0002.gif] woo.gif]

Penny

Post by Penny »

Well, Bear has been with us for two weeks today and all I can say is:
I think he may be faulty!! 0002.gif]
I mean he is the most loving and loveable boy but I have rarely laughed so much in my life, and it is mostly (sorry Bear) at him rather than with him.

I expect some of you are wondering if I am being horrible about this wonderful boy, but I'm only joking about the 'faulty' thing... sort of...

We had Maisie, a RR Collie x, for ten wonderful years. She came to us aged 6 and it was in her nature to be quite an in-charge and sensible character (when she wasn't playing frisbee). She was reactive to strange dogs but, apart from that, was very chilled out. So a two-year-old bundle of energy is quite a new experience. Obviously there is the car thing and a chase instinct that just won't quit (although, hooray, I think he has no interest in cyclists and runners - unless it would be to mug them for a Bear Hug), but it is his quirks that keep us creased up with laughter.

These include:
*Howling along to sirens (new for today)
*If I start to use the vacuum cleaner, he will go and get his squeaky toy (WITHOUT FAIL) and will follow me around squeaking at the Hoover until I have finished. It is the funniest thing
* His back left foot is his mortal enemy. Sometimes, when he is overexcited, he chases it and gives it a chew. But what is really funny is the way that, if he gets an itchy chin, he growls menacingly at his foot the whole time he is scratching. It is like he genuinely believes it is not part of himself

On a less weird note, I know some dogs do react to the television (and I did know a collie that watched football on TV), but I have never had one that did before, and it is very funny watching him wandering around the set, cocking his head this way and that in response to a baby crying or an animal noise

He is a bit of a counter surfer and an opportunist and did manage to grab my daughter's sandwich the other day. Blimey, he moved fast with that... gulping it down as he went. So I am on high alert in the kitchen nowadays.

He seems pretty OK about other dogs - which is a nice experience for me - unless they are really lunging and roaring at him, and then he reciprocates, which is fair enough. He has clearly had some training and what little we have started doing with him shows that he is both receptive and intelligent (despite the above! roflmao.gif ). He genuinely understands things like, "go and get your ball" (maybe Maisie did too, but if she did, she wasn't letting on).

To Bear, everyone is a dear, long-lost friend and so far he seems a gentle soul. You do have to be alert on walks: If someone walks past him and shows the slightest bit of interest in him, he is straight over for a full-on, leap-up cuddle.

When you are away from him, be it for minutes or - in the case of my husband - returning after a day at work, you are guaranteed a rapturous welcome. He doesn't so much share the sofa/bed as sprawl all over you. He just can't get close enough.

I will try to work out how to upload some photos of this very handsome boy soon.

Julieh

Post by Julieh »

What a wonderful update and such a fabulous homing . Sounds like you’re having lots of fun together 😆

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Sounds like he has found his perfect home and people Kiss of love.gif bravo1.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”