Saffie Staffiex DofB 01.03.13 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Saffie Staffiex DofB 01.03.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:44 pm

Current Status: Available
saffieDSCF8909a.jpg
Saffie's Story: Saffy was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Welsh council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Saffie is neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Saffie is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
saffie2DSCF8894.jpg
saffie3DSCF8920.jpg
saffie4DSCF8891a.jpg
saffie5DSCF8929.jpg
Saffie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 10th Jul 19: Desperate dogs!!
Have you got any room at the Inn by any chance!! X L WWP
Saffie: Lovely Staffie x girl, came in at death's door in a real mess. Skin was terrible and half starved. She's a around 5 years old girl but she is very spritely and has bundles of energy! Super friendly and has been fine with dogs here. 2nd pic is of her now.

Saffie comes into our Rescue in August 19
Saffy1.jpg
Saffy.jpg
Original picture on entry

xxlynne

Re: Saffie Staffiex DofB 01.03.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:57 pm

Dear Saffie arrived today. She had diarrhoea on her journey, which was full of hundreds of tiny pieces of plastic from her chewing a plastic bed in her last kennel. This is an aftermath, no doubt of her recent state of starvation. We have put her on small frequent meals as we have to serve her lingering sense of hunger and yet not allow her to over eat. She is around her target weight. Lovely girl.... indeed beautiful girl. We are looking forwards to offering her fun days and finding her, her new family

anne

Post by anne » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:21 pm

Saffie is beautiful, inside and out. She is a friendly, sweet girl with a lovely temperament.
saffie6DSCF8916.jpg
saffie7DSCF8922.jpg
saffie8DSCF8897.jpg
saffie9DSCF8905.jpg

Jojokate

Post by Jojokate » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:12 pm

Good luck beautiful x

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:20 am

I have walked Saffie on Monday and I am smitten with her 😍
She is very excited and vocal when you enter her kennel, but she is easy to put leads on and not much of a fuss walkjng past the dog opposite her. On her walk she is well behaved, not pulling on the lead and a great laugh if you take her to the paddock. She loves to give kissesand cuddles and receive them too and is happy to play with the tennis balls 😍
Saffie is a little bundle of joy and happiness who knows the best is yet to come and just loves living her best life Kiss of love.gif

Orla

Post by Orla » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:46 pm

I walked Saffie yesterday and what a pleasure it was. She’s got loads of energy and was very lively in her kennel when I went to meet her. She was lovely to walk - Interested in everything around her but didn’t pull and loved every moment of her time out. She was quite happy to trot along at a short distance behind lovely Zuma and was a real delight. I hope she finds her forever home very soon

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pm

Well I met little Saffie today and we went for a walk. She was very excited about going out and very helpful about me putting her harness on. She is an absolute sweetheart, very easy to walk, very gentle, not bothered by other dogs, joggers, or bridges! I took her to the new paddock for a run and play after her walk and Geoff came in to meet her. Lots of cuddles ensued. I don’t think Saffie will be with us very long. She us going to make some lucky family very happy x x love4.gif

Orla

Post by Orla » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:20 pm

I took Saffie out again today and had a lovely walk in the sunshine with this lovely girl. She’s always keen to go out and full of energy at the beginning of her walk but takes everything her stride. By the end of her walk, including a paddle in the stream, she was happy to go back to her kennel and have some treats and a cuddle before a well earned rest. Considering she was so thin and malnourished when she arrived in kennels she is thriving now and a happy soul to spend the afternoon with.

Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:00 am

After a day of walking yesterday I was heading off home and I spotted a little face looking at from inside reception, lovely Saffie love4.gif
So I turned around, signed myself back in and went to see if she fancied a walk. Saffie was super excited to see me so I took this as a yes thumbs.gif and so we headed off.
It was a lovely sunny afternoon and I think it's fair to say we both enjoyed our walk very much. Saffie is as light as a feather on the lead, keen to take everything in but not in a pulley way. She loves to be told what a good girl she is and really enjoys a treat or two! Saffie got a lot of treats on our walk!! We visited the stream where Saffie enjoyed a dip and a drink and I got a thorough face wash! I crouched down to give her a cuddle, this to Saffie meant a big old smooch 0002.gif]
I decided to do the long walk as we were having such a lovely time and I really didn't want to take darling Saffie back love4.gif love4.gif
I'm so very pleased I got to enjoy this lovely girls company today, she really is a true delight and so very deserving of the most perfect forever home Kiss of love.gif

SarahW

Post by SarahW » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:12 am

I popped in yesterday to see if Friday walkers needed any help towards the end of the day but all the dogs were walked. Well Saffie is clean overnight so the staff suggested I take her for a walk. Wow what a fabulous girl saffie is. A lovely happy disposition. Good on the lead. In the paddock she enjoyed zooming around. She really can run. I am sure there is lurcher in her mix!

Back at the kennels she was very affectionate and obviously adores human company. So I stayed for cuddles. She is such a gentle girl. Saffie loves a cuddle and will lean up against you. She does give kisses but is not an intense face licker, think more gentle little licks.

I really fell for this girls charms and could of stayed with her all evening. She will be a wonderful companion/family member. Get those homing questionnaires in now.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form